onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Edmondson

Anyone know if he's been released by Leeds? Some reports say he's contracted until 2023, others say he's a free agent.

Would you want him if he's available? (My wife would but that's another matter.

I like him and whilst he's not first choice on the team sheet yet, I do think if we could develop him there's a lot of potential there.

Advert

31 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Anyone know if he's been released by Leeds? Some reports say he's contracted until 2023, others say he's a free agent.

Would you want him if he's available? (My wife would but that's another matter.

I like him and whilst he's not first choice on the team sheet yet, I do think if we could develop him there's a lot of potential there.

According to Wikipedia, he is contracted till 2023 but the news wasn't reported by Leeds at the time hence the confusion.

However, I suspect he's a long way down the pecking order and if someone was to come in for him, a mutual release (perhaps with some clauses to keep Leeds happy) could be agreed. 

Has another year at Leeds, there’s a local article quoting that… he’s been loaned out now for 2 seasons, the forthcoming season would be his 3rd season out on… they reckon he’ll get released, can you really see him challenging for a spot in their 1st team?

A really good player. 

It's an interesting one in that it's difficult to not compare Harratt and Edmondson side by side due to them both arriving on loan at the same time and being young strikers.

They both had really good loans with us. Edmondson did score a fair few but i think Harratt probably got more of the limelight for memorable goals and interviews. 

In terms of next season I think edmondson is more ready for league one. We will no doubt be up against teams that are technically better than last season. Felt that Edmondson helps us press from the front, is realitively strong and quick and makes his presence felt. He's more likely to get us higher up the pitch.

In comparison i think Harratt is a player who you need to get closer to the box.

I know we have all got bogged down a bit in the debate about Harratt being more of a bagsman but i think part of this is the roles they have been playing. Remember how Pope was for Vale doing a team job before the promotion season. I think there are more goals in edmondson but he's been playing a team role.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

A really good player. 

It's an interesting one in that it's difficult to not compare Harratt and Edmondson side by side due to them both arriving on loan at the same time and being young strikers.

They both had really good loans with us. Edmondson did score a fair few but i think Harratt probably got more of the limelight for memorable goals and interviews. 

In terms of next season I think edmondson is more ready for league one. We will no doubt be up against teams that are technically better than last season. Felt that Edmondson helps us press from the front, is realitively strong and quick and makes his presence felt. He's more likely to get us higher up the pitch.

In comparison i think Harratt is a player who you need to get closer to the box.

I know we have all got bogged down a bit in the debate about Harratt being more of a bagsman but i think part of this is the roles they have been playing. Remember how Pope was for Vale doing a team job before the promotion season. I think there are more goals in edmondson but he's been playing a team role.

I think both have a really good attitude which stands them in good stead.

Edmondson actually started at York and has been loaned out for the last 2 seasons. He scored goals as a youngster so he has that in his locker and will play wherever asked.

Harratt is completely different. A touch of arrogance,he is probably the fittest he has ever been. He's a penalty box player to me,yet he's scored 2 diving headers,a tap in,a left foot belter from outside the box and a left foot volley. Also set Wilson up with the goal v Swindle and set up a sitter for him. Could have had a hat trick in the final. A real prospect

Archived