Civic Reception?

Advert:

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Just seen on midlands today that the council are in talks with the club about holding a civic reception to celebrate promotion . 

Great news,let's have another bus tour around the northern end of the city as well,similar to the one in 1993.

UTV.

Advert:

Hope it's not a bus. I remember it trundling round kidsgrove and Goldenhill last time with small pockets of fans every half a mile, there was as many stoke fans there flipping the bird at it as there was vale fans. The only place that was packed was Burslem itself. Be great if the reception was in and around the ground, maybe an open day where we can see the players with the trophy and maybe get photographs with fans. Generating some income at the ground.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Yep, do something at the ground, or just in Burslem at the very, very most. Do not embarrass ourselves with a bus parade a month after we sealed promotion, when the excitement has dissipated slightly. We'll be rinsed and Stoke fans will ruin it.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 4

Advert:

Hmmm... it's a nice thought, but I was personally hoping we weren't going to bother. Hate to be a (literal) party-pooper but I think these things should be reserved for 1st place finishes only. I'd prefer we do something extra at the open day: let fans have photos with the trophy, maybe get some 'Play-Off Winner' merch in the clubshop, etc. etc..

Open-top bus seems excessive for what is essentially a 4th place finish.

• Like 2

I think at this point and open day where fans can have a picture with the trophy and available players are there would be more sensible. If you did the open top bus the day after then fair enough but think it would be over kill now.

• Like 1

I think the time for this has passed.  Need to be fully focused on what needs to be done next season, not looking back.  

Don’t think we did anything when we went up automatically in 2013? As others have said at the end of the day we finished 5th, and won the play off to effectively finish 4th.  Good outcome, but not worth a bus parade in my view

• Like 2

Why on earth shouldn't we celebrate our triumphs?   Christ,  stoke had an open top bus to celebrate the 45th anniversary didn't they? 

Only vale wouldn't celebrate promotion. 

You should see how Exeter celebrated.  The Exeter chiefs women's rugby team had an open top bus and they lost their final.!!

1 hour ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Why on earth shouldn't we celebrate our triumphs?   Christ,  stoke had an open top bus to celebrate the 45th anniversary didn't they? 

Only vale wouldn't celebrate promotion. 

You should see how Exeter celebrated.  The Exeter chiefs women's rugby team had an open top bus and they lost their final.!!

If we were gonna do it, we should’ve done it before the players went off on their jollies. There’s only one direction we need to be looking now, and it’s not backwards.

Advert: