Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Player of the Year awards


Recommended Posts

Have the club announced when the POTY awards are?

I voted Garrity but Wilson and Smith will win a few awards I'm sure. If Hall had signed at the start of the season I'm sure he'd have been close.

And as for goal of the season, we're spoiled for choice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


28 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Have the club announced when the POTY awards are?

I voted Garrity but Wilson and Smith will win a few awards I'm sure. If Hall had signed at the start of the season I'm sure he'd have been close.

And as for goal of the season, we're spoiled for choice.

Agree with Hall. I think of the players that missed some games I’d say Hall, Conlon and Gibbo were the 3 absolute stand outs. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Have the club announced when the POTY awards are?

I voted Garrity but Wilson and Smith will win a few awards I'm sure. If Hall had signed at the start of the season I'm sure he'd have been close.

And as for goal of the season, we're spoiled for choice.

Proctor v Sutton has to be goal of the season surely.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Proctor v Sutton has to be goal of the season surely.  

What a goal!

Yet,look at Politics goals,Wozza v Harrogate and Wilson v Accie. Garrity scored great volleys at Bristol and Swindle plus Conlons free kick at Mansfield.

And the move for Harratts goal at Wembley...we were spoiled at times. Extremely glad we got promoted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have to say Proctor v Sutton. Normally personal preference I tend to favour team goals over individual ones so the opener at Wembley would cover that but Proctors volley was just such an incredible bit of technique and timing have to go with that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DazFred said:

What a goal!

Yet,look at Politics goals,Wozza v Harrogate and Wilson v Accie. Garrity scored great volleys at Bristol and Swindle plus Conlons free kick at Mansfield.

And the move for Harratts goal at Wembley...we were spoiled at times. Extremely glad we got promoted

Wozzas wonderstrike v Harrogate was awesome too.. But Procs for me all day long.

Edited by cactuselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably be the same as the retro shirt fans competition that was announced but no winner ever given. They likely forgot to hand out or announce the awards.

Hopefully the next "director of communications" gets the media team to communicate a bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Can't argue with any of those, maybe had Cass stayed all season long he'd of got the Young player award. 
Yeah, don't think there can be any real arguments with any of them. Anyone know what position McDermott plays for the youth? Wonder if he's in next year's plans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Ben Garrity - 12 goals scored, a promotion and three player of the year awards in your first season. 

I hope you can build on that start in your second season :wink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 minute ago, robf said:

Well done Ben Garrity - 12 goals scored, a promotion and three player of the year awards in your first season. 

I hope you can build on that start in your second season :wink:

Remarkably one of the worst footballers Oldham fans had seen !!!

Oh well our gain as they look forward to Eastleigh away on  a Cold Tuesday in January. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Anyone know what position McDermott plays for the youth? Wonder if he's in next year's plans

According to a Sentinel report on a youth game "attacking midfielder Tommy McDermott"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF



×
×
  • Create New...