onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

projects for robbie-suggestions

geoff1

4 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I thought it looked a lot better when we were on it the other week. I just think with a clay base it becomes too firm when it's dry or becomes cut up and stodgy when it's wet. It's also got quite a significant camber from an elevated middle, so the wings are lower than the penalty spot, presumably to help with drainage which I can't imagine does us any favours. The groundsmen do an amazing job considering the lack of investment over our 70 years at Vale park.

I know it's in a different league, but the Wembley pitch appears to have that perfect balance of a bit of give contrasted with a flat surface. If we could even get close to that, I'm sure we'd have better results in that January/February time that our form often dips.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

The Wembley pitch has a big camber too - I know, because we remarked on it as we were almost eye-level with the opitch!

Advert

9 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

A new pitch, new floodlights, a new 8000 seater Railway Paddock with Concourse and enough investment to get us surging up the Leagues and stable in the Prem. Is that enough for starters 🤣.

Walsall fans are already doing my nut in about their Billionaire owners 🤣

Well they’ve certainly splashed the cash on 40 year old Peter Clarke 😂

11 hours ago, LancyTony said:

The Wembley pitch has a big camber too - I know, because we remarked on it as we were almost eye-level with the pitch!

Probably most pitches have a camber.  Anyone interested in pitch science and time to read. 

judiciously remove parts of the wall between the back and front halves of the Railway or replace the whole wall with modern materials. it's the same price seating so that's not a problem. Get digging behind the stand and get some bogs and refreshment put there. If we're perhaps having better gate more often, it has to be a ballache for people near the pitch to have their view blocked for parts of the game. supporters not being able to exit to the back of the railway stand is medieval. that also removes the nonsensical sh*tstorm every game with people trying to get to the bogs through the queue for snappin' which is my particlular bete Noir. should be the cheapest option to improve the railway IMHO. there's loads of unused land behind the railway - it just happens not to be flat. How hard can it be?

@JAMO-IN-MEXICO that makes a lot of sense to me unless I've missed some reason why not.

I can certainly see the benefits in simply taking out the wall where the walkways are and making them run from top to bottom would make it much easier for people to use the toilets/refreshments/exits in all parts of the stand. It probably has safety benefits in enabling the stand to be evacuated quicker too.

As far as I can see that wall is just a piece of legacy building which was originally put in to divide the standing paddock from the seating area but has been redundant since the stand was made all-seater.

Archived