onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

projects for robbie-suggestions

geoff1

Advert

53 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Wet floor sign for the railway stand toilets. Or a sign for people to pee in the right direction 

Almost nearly go flying every time in there. 

Ditto for the Bycars bogs. I was asked by an “outsider” at the Robbie gig, I assume because I had a Vale top on, whether it was water or p155 on the bog floor.  I told them that it was neither, just left over champagne from the promotion celebrations.  They seemed to buy it.  😬

2 hours ago, geoff1 said:

1. new tannoy system.

2. new pitch.

3,stand upgrade.

4. new tea bags for the tea bars!😄

I Thought the pitch looked and played a lot better this season, to me it didn't look as "bobbley" and it didn't seem to cut up as much. Was it the weather?

I Thought the pitch looked and played a lot better this season, to me it didn't look as "bobbley" and it didn't seem to cut up as much. Was it the weather?
I thought it looked a lot better when we were on it the other week. I just think with a clay base it becomes too firm when it's dry or becomes cut up and stodgy when it's wet. It's also got quite a significant camber from an elevated middle, so the wings are lower than the penalty spot, presumably to help with drainage which I can't imagine does us any favours. The groundsmen do an amazing job considering the lack of investment over our 70 years at Vale park.

I know it's in a different league, but the Wembley pitch appears to have that perfect balance of a bit of give contrasted with a flat surface. If we could even get close to that, I'm sure we'd have better results in that January/February time that our form often dips.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

The Robbie gig was another reminder that Vale Park can be a top class hospitality venue. The new RW suite looks fantastic and the stands, aside from the ropey old Railway could still be good enough with quite basic refurbs by the standards of many stadium rebuilds. 

Equally I’m sure others will argue that it shows that a bespoke new ground would possibly pay for itself through events, events that Vale Park itself has only been able to hold due to its world class star fan wanting to hold a gig here, rather than promoters wanting Vale Park. 

Archived