onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walsall go American

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

But the £12 billion is not their money is it?  It's other people's money that they manage?

Yeah it's £12 billion of other people's money, in a separate company entirely. One of the fellas involved in Trivela is involved with Armitage.

Their only committed investment so far seems to be do re-do the 'Saddlers Club' (their version of Tommy's) and a desire in 2 years to purchase the freehold. It's all asset-driven. No talk of investment in the playing budget, youth facilities.

Advert

I found it very strange that Pomlett is staying on for 4 years to ensure a smooth handover… that’s longer than he has been in charge of the place, why so long other than money?

Also their old mega hated chairman is lurking i. The background here somewhere, a few of them claiming he was the one who (through a 3rd party) introduced those involved.

A few red flags for me.

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

I found it very strange that Pomlett is staying on for 4 years to ensure a smooth handover… that’s longer than he has been in charge of the place, why so long other than money?

Also their old mega hated chairman is lurking i. The background here somewhere, a few of them claiming he was the one who (through a 3rd party) introduced those involved.

A few red flags for me.

Bonser is the one who owns the stadium at present, with rent going into his pension pot.

Trivela's only firm commitment is to buy the freehold in 2 years.

A coincidence, I am sure.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Bonser is the one who owns the stadium at present, with rent going into his pension pot.

Trivela's only firm commitment is to buy the freehold in 2 years.

A coincidence, I am sure.

Bonser currently charges the club a rent which I have heard rumoured is £750,000?

Apparently the new owners have tabled two name change options to either Walsall Wolverines or The Black Country Coyote’s. The fans are already up in arms about it as they have said that Wolverines is too close a name to their black and gold neighbours, furthermore they are pushing back on Coyotes as they are not a native species. Any suggestions? 

46 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Apparently the new owners have tabled two name change options to either Walsall Wolverines or The Black Country Coyote’s. The fans are already up in arms about it as they have said that Wolverines is too close a name to their black and gold neighbours, furthermore they are pushing back on Coyotes as they are not a native species. Any suggestions? 

Walsall Willy Wavers??

Huge egos. A lot of people connected with Walsall said horrible things about Darrell Clarke.

You reap what you sow. Karma has its own way of biting you on the bum. Look at Swindle...no captain,no DoF,no manager and I expect players to follow. Oh...and no roof.

I sit back and smile as I'm sure a lot of Vale fans do. Not gloating,just stating facts. The togetherness of the squad is doing it on the pitch and in the community,the fans are united in their support and it's all overseen by owners who are true fans at heart. Long may it continue.

4 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

M6 Midgets?

Walsall fan here.

Been interesting to see your take.  Some interesting insight and thought.

The positivity you see from us lot is really a glimmer of hope that this arrangement enables an escape from the stranglehold of paying an escalating rent bill which completely undermines our ability to compete.  We’d have preferred our own “Carol” but Walsall, like Burslem, isn’t blessed with too many multi millionaires who love their local football club enough to give it a proper go.

Trivela are saying all the right things.  That’s quite easy.  Fast forwarding 24 months would be very interesting.  You feel it will go one way or another.  Given our desperate decline over the last half decade most of us are happy to flip the coin just now.  You’ll know the feeling and justifiably be feeling quite chuffed if not a little smug in how you have come through the other side of similar times.  Fair play.

15 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Walsall fan here.

Been interesting to see your take.  Some interesting insight and thought.

The positivity you see from us lot is really a glimmer of hope that this arrangement enables an escape from the stranglehold of paying an escalating rent bill which completely undermines our ability to compete.  We’d have preferred our own “Carol” but Walsall, like Burslem, isn’t blessed with too many multi millionaires who love their local football club enough to give it a proper go.

Trivela are saying all the right things.  That’s quite easy.  Fast forwarding 24 months would be very interesting.  You feel it will go one way or another.  Given our desperate decline over the last half decade most of us are happy to flip the coin just now.  You’ll know the feeling and justifiably be feeling quite chuffed if not a little smug in how you have come through the other side of similar times.  Fair play.

Just caution,  the experience of too many false dawns,  the motives for the takeover. We are lucky but it did not happen out of the blue. As an aside, Walsall was my first away trip a few years back when the Laundry wall was still standing, naturally we lost.

Archived