onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Division one west League

Advert

I have a ST at Leek Town and as you say it will be a very exciting league with all those Derbies 

A adult ST was about £80 and made for a fun night out with a good club lounge and a hot food kiosk with pies, burgers, hot dogs, chips etc at very inexpensive prices (around £3.50p for pie and chips)

The standard of football is very good too.

On 05/06/2022 at 23:20, andy jones said:

I have a ST at Leek Town and as you say it will be a very exciting league with all those Derbies 

A adult ST was about £80 and made for a fun night out with a good club lounge and a hot food kiosk with pies, burgers, hot dogs, chips etc at very inexpensive prices (around £3.50p for pie and chips)

The standard of football is very good too.

Sounds like a great day out. I've always enjoyed the pre season when play the local teams 

Something about non league atmosphere just makes it more fun 

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Sounds like a great day out. I've always enjoyed the pre season when play the local teams 

Something about non league atmosphere just makes it more fun 

There may well be “fun” when Macc are playing one of the local teams.

5 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

What happened to Norton United. Did they fold in the end ? 

I remember a few years back when they made the fa cup first round against Gateshead I believe 

I thought it was Hartlepool they played in the first round proper, I know Smurthwaite loaned them the Vale team coach.

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I thought it was Hartlepool they played in the first round proper, I know Smurthwaite loaned them the Vale team coach.

It was definitely Gateshead at home in the 1st round. Folded very soon after. I wonder who the bloke who had a Norton United tattoo supports now? I remember watching Norton beat FC United infront of 3,500 at Gigg Lane. That was FC Uniteds first ever defeat as a club.

10 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

It was definitely Gateshead at home in the 1st round. Folded very soon after. I wonder who the bloke who had a Norton United tattoo supports now? I remember watching Norton beat FC United infront of 3,500 at Gigg Lane. That was FC Uniteds first ever defeat as a club.

Yep, you are correct, Oct 2014, it was the previous round V Silsden that Smurthwaite loaned them the vale coach.

16 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

I used to play for Norton United as a kid from under6s right up until I was around 18/19. "Mark the fan" was the guy with a Norton United tattoo, and he really was a big fan. He used to watch all the training sessions and would travel to all the away games aswell. I bet he was absolutely devastated when they went under.

1 hour ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

I used to play for Norton United as a kid from under6s right up until I was around 18/19. "Mark the fan" was the guy with a Norton United tattoo, and he really was a big fan. He used to watch all the training sessions and would travel to all the away games aswell. I bet he was absolutely devastated when they went under.

My son in law used to play for them, remember going to a cup final there against a team from the Burton on Trent area, Norton won the cup.

• 2 months later...

Archived