Advert

Robbie Williams Suite

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

I think an Open Day soon is a must.

Nothing too complicated ...

Shop open with new kits 

Ticket office open for STs 

Fanzone 

Tours of the stadium including Lorne Street Stand with all the facilities for use / hire both match days and non match days 

Loved Open Days.

In the 90s I had loads of photos and chats to lots of players plus Rudgey.

Definitely connects the players to the fans. I think last season showed how management,owners and players have a real togetherness with each other.

Have the club shop open,tour of the ground,penalty shoot outs etc...lots of ways to encourage all ages to visit

Advert

13 hours ago, DazFred said:

Loved Open Days.

In the 90s I had loads of photos and chats to lots of players plus Rudgey.

Definitely connects the players to the fans. I think last season showed how management,owners and players have a real togetherness with each other.

Have the club shop open,tour of the ground,penalty shoot outs etc...lots of ways to encourage all ages to visit

Maybe get special guests for the penalty shoot out ?

What's McKirdy up to ?

22 hours ago, smithie said:

If you wanted to hold an event at ours or the Debt365, any sane person chooses ours. Compare our historic location in a characterful town and a venue owned by a community-focused, accessible owner. Then consider hiring a room at the other place with all the charm of a retail park in the middle of nowhere. Hell, one look at their badge tells you you're dealing with one bland club. 

We're on the rise, the 90s are coming back. 

The only issue for me is that if you like a few drinks and are staying in a hotel the main choice is…The George! I noticed uproar over the RW gig as they were charging £270 for the night! 

I must admit the Holiday Inn at the 365 is rather plusher. 

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The only issue for me is that if you like a few drinks and are staying in a hotel the main choice is…The George! I noticed uproar over the RW gig as they were charging £270 for the night! 

The George has gone to the dogs, it’s a rayt doss hole now.

theres a couple of new hotels in Hanley.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Burslem is an ace drinking town but it's true there's nowhere to stay. The Trip Advisor reviews about The George are rather damning!

5 minutes ago, smithie said:

Burslem is an ace drinking town but it's true there's nowhere to stay. The Trip Advisor reviews about The George are rather damning!

I am sure that Carol and her team are looking at the possibility of doing a deal with a hotel chain to have a Premier Inn type of development very close to the ground.  The further development of Vale Park as a conference facility will encourage hotel chains to look at the possibility.

53 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

I am sure that Carol and her team are looking at the possibility of doing a deal with a hotel chain to have a Premier Inn type of development very close to the ground.  The further development of Vale Park as a conference facility will encourage hotel chains to look at the possibility.

Build it behind the Railway and include a fan zone with a bridge into a new railway stand similar to the Leicester Tigers new hotel, hold on a bit we are not in the Prem yet. We can but dream but maybe our dreams will come true.

1 hour ago, Essex Vale said:

Agree 100%.

That's absolutely the way to maximise the land outside of the actual stands and to increase revenue on non-matchdays. It may also help with the commercial events too as companies can host an event and put up any guests overnight. 

1 hour ago, Essex Vale said:

I long for The George building to get decent investment. As an exile I still end up staying there with the only comfort a Kismet curry (oh and a win). It was about passable until 2015 but yes is now beyond a joke. 

On 07/06/2022 at 09:55, darren1810 said:

Maybe get special guests for the penalty shoot out ?

What's McKirdy up to ?

We could have kids in the bycars and a competition, who can catch McKirdy’s penalty. I’ll put my kids at the back of the stand for that one 

This is 100 percent needed the land going to waste in the railway paddock/stand area is shocking. The family stand/railway paddock/stand can be bulldozed and a new stand brought closer to the pitch with a hotel at the back.

This is 100 percent needed the land going to waste in the railway paddock/stand area is shocking. The family stand/railway paddock/stand can be bulldozed and a new stand brought closer to the pitch with a hotel at the back.
Who in their right mind wants to stop in Burslem for the night though? Hanley and Castle are only up the road with much better transport links and facilities, and Premier Inn have hotels in both. There's a reason The George is the only hotel in Burslem, and why it's still going despite being in a shocking state

Who in their right mind wants to stop in Burslem for the night though? Hanley and Castle are only up the road with much better transport links and facilities, and Premier Inn have hotels in both. There's a reason The George is the only hotel in Burslem, and why it's still going despite being in a shocking state
This mindset is what holds Burslem back. You have to start with things like the hotel, put more bars, resteraunts coffee shops etc in Burslem. There is already new housing so new people moving in. To give Burslem a chance it needs new ideas. If there is a hotel like a premier in there people will stay people scan hotels like this via prices. If its cheaper people will stay. Stoke on Trent is a small area and people will be able to get around from there.

It will help Burslem more than you think. Regeneration needs this.

9 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:

This mindset is what holds Burslem back. You have to start with things like thr hotel, put more bars, resteraunts coffee shops etc in Burslem. There is already new housing so new people moving in. To give Burslem a chance it needs new ideas. If there is a hotel like a premier in there people will stay peolme scan hotels like this via prices. If its cheaper people will stay. Stoke on Trent is a small area and people will be able to get around from there.

Bars is one thing Burslem isn’t short of.

3 hours ago, Valiant in Brum said:

This mindset is what holds Burslem back. You have to start with things like the hotel, put more bars, resteraunts coffee shops etc in Burslem. There is already new housing so new people moving in. To give Burslem a chance it needs new ideas. If there is a hotel like a premier in there people will stay people scan hotels like this via prices. If its cheaper people will stay. Stoke on Trent is a small area and people will be able to get around from there.

It’s not mindset it’s cold hard cash.  You are right about ideas but then you need investment to get those ideas off the ground. If I invest time and money in something I want a return.  If I open a shop it needs to make money.  If I own a hotel I have to fill a certain number of rooms to cover my overheads.  The George has filled its rooms, but, it would appear, predominantly not with the type of guests who are going to spend much money in the town.

I think the change will happen in Burslem due to the new houses being built, but it’ll take time.

Archived