onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie Williams Suite

The whole lot just looks fantastic.  I kept looking across at Lorne Street throughout the concert just to see people in both seated sections and all the tiers lit up.  We just need to get the work done to enable the all seats to be fully utilised now.  Can’t imagine it’ll be too long given the current rate of progress.

Advert

I've done an article here - 

In addition to the news I've given some info on what suites are available in the Lorne St and the capacities (taken from the official site). I think it shows just how many corporate facilities the club now has with the Shanahans opening two (Directors Suite and RW Suite) within the last year. They are really going to help both in terms of matchday revenue but also in terms of non matchday revenue so it's really going to help the club. 

One more thing... I know Richie Bates (head of commercial) was the person charged with creating the Directors Suite last season (we spoke to Carol during our match sponsorship and she confirmed that he's done a great job).

I wonder if he's also been behind the work for the RW suite too?

If so, it's pretty impressive for him to get two brand new suites open at the club in such a short space of time.

He could turn out to be a real asset for the club.

If you wanted to hold an event at ours or the Debt365, any sane person chooses ours. Compare our historic location in a characterful town and a venue owned by a community-focused, accessible owner. Then consider hiring a room at the other place with all the charm of a retail park in the middle of nowhere. Hell, one look at their badge tells you you're dealing with one bland club. 

We're on the rise, the 90s are coming back. 

36 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The whole lot just looks fantastic.  I kept looking across at Lorne Street throughout the concert just to see people in both seated sections and all the tiers lit up.  We just need to get the work done to enable the all seats to be fully utilised now.  Can’t imagine it’ll be too long given the current rate of progress.

I just wish there was a concerted summer push to plug the concourse fundraising campaign and get it over the line.

Opening that second-half of the LS would have a huge impact in terms of better facilities for families and increasing our overall capacity.

10 minutes ago, robf said:

One more thing... I know Richie Bates (head of commercial) was the person charged with creating the Directors Suite last season (we spoke to Carol during our match sponsorship and she confirmed that he's done a great job).

I wonder if he's also been behind the work for the RW suite too?

If so, it's pretty impressive for him to get two brand new suites open at the club in such a short space of time.

He could turn out to be a real asset for the club.

Don’t know if Richie Bates had much involvement with the RW suite, we as season ticket holders in the president seats, were invited to a meal, a tour of the site for the suite and were able to view the plans and drawings, that was before covid so not sure if Bates was on board then.

I just wish there was a concerted summer push to plug the concourse fundraising campaign and get it over the line.
Opening that second-half of the LS would have a huge impact in terms of better facilities for families and increasing our overall capacity.

It’s about lining up the things that need to happen, I’m expecting news soon on moving the gym

2 hours ago, robf said:

We did a match ball sponsorship last season and there's also a very snazzy director's suite that was opened this season. There's a photo here - 

IMG20211023124634.thumb.jpg.9170215b28dfc74fbd93e53717c2dcec.jpg

So that means three large conference areas in the LS - the opening of the RW suite is going to have a big effect on club revenue especially on non matchdays. You can twice as many corporate dos at Christmas as just one example.

Is that the boardroom?

There’s also a decent sized Vice Presidents suite next door that I don’t think gets used a great deal. Certainly the seats outside it always seem to be empty.

I do wonder if there could be a sort of middle ground for people who want access to a nice bar and a business class seat but don’t want to get a box.

18 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I totally agree with you. This looks great but really, it can’t cost that much to get it finished now? 

Approx 100K to finish it. There is currently a go fund me page by the supporters club so fans can  contribute to its completion.

2 hours ago, robf said:

Indeed, we seem to be spreading ourselves across a few things at the moment.  Lorne St fund, statue for JR, even paying DC’s fine.  All very worthy of course.

I think an Open Day soon is a must.

Nothing too complicated ...

Shop open with new kits 

Ticket office open for STs 

Fanzone 

Tours of the stadium including Lorne Street Stand with all the facilities for use / hire both match days and non match days 

20 minutes ago, andy jones said:

I think an Open Day soon is a must.

Nothing too complicated ...

Shop open with new kits 

Ticket office open for STs 

Fanzone 

Tours of the stadium including Lorne Street Stand with all the facilities for use / hire both match days and non match days 

You’d have to think so.  The only thing stopping this would be the extended season/RW gig meaning essential stadium works having to be done in a smaller timeframe.

Archived