onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reminiscing Loan Players (2022)

DazFred

Advert

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

The best loan player Ive seen was Johnny Green had him for two periods off Blackpool, he was a Rolls Royce of a player he used to run midfield,   then Harratt and then Tony Sealy.

Agree with Johnny Green - what a player!

3 hours ago, Five Generations Vale said:

As regards loan players making an outstanding contribution, what about Neville Southall? One of the greatest keepers in England at the time, just down on confidence after Ian Rush put a few past him, but superb for us and arguably the best goalie to have put on the Vale shirt albeit briefly. Imagine having such a goalkeeper next season.  My other favourites, showing my age, include Mark Lawrence and Kevin Young who I likened to Glenn Hoddle and Liam Brady of our level back in the day. Can’t remember what happened to them afterwards, maybe I just got excited in that other promotion season. Whoever we sign, I don’t want to transfer list any of the fantastic fans out there that make our club what it is. Keep posting folks, more interest than conversations with the missus while we are in Benidorm. In fact bumped into Mansfield fan in the pig and whistle, again gracious in defeat and praised the Vale. Some great fans amongst the smaller clubs like us.

Mark Lawrence...silky smooth. Kevin Young from Burnley I think,left side MF.

Love reminiscing and showing our age!

Like Oshor Williams and Kevin Kent...brilliant when they played against us,not so good when they signed for us!

37 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Mark Lawrence...silky smooth. Kevin Young from Burnley I think,left side MF.

Love reminiscing and showing our age!

Like Oshor Williams and Kevin Kent...brilliant when they played against us,not so good when they signed for us!

Kevin Kent?... brilliant? Three words I never thought to see together! Bloody awful player,how I used to get so angry watching his feeble attempts in front of the paddock to put a decent ball in or even beat a left back...

Going way back to the seventies, I always rated Keith Leonard from Aston Villa as one of our best loanees. The ball just seemed to stick to his feet. Fans even raised enough to buy him. Unfortunately Villa manager came to watch him when he had his best game for us and scored. They took him back and he ended up playing in the old first division.

27 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Kevin Kent?... brilliant? Three words I never thought to see together! Bloody awful player,how I used to get so angry watching his feeble attempts in front of the paddock to put a decent ball in or even beat a left back...

For Mansfield.

One boxing day they beat us 4-0...he scored all 4. We signed him after..not so brilliant...

Archived