onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reminiscing Loan Players (2022)

DazFred

TRANSFERRED FROM SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD TO REDUCE FALSE HOPES

On 03/06/2022 at 14:33, darren1810 said:

Tony Sealy, David Lowe and Harratt . 3 great loans .

Edmonson was actually better but because of his impact at crucial times Harratt will be remembered for years to come 

Add Alan Lee,David Healy and maybe Dean Smith and Chris Killen to those names. Tony Sealy my fave loan. 

We had the likes of Kevin Steggles and Michael Cole during the cup run of 88. God knows how we got that far...

Advert

14 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Tony Sealy my fave loan. 

I remember at a very early age, and someone will correct me here, but im pretty sure we were crammed in behind the nets at Stockport in the old wooden stand and Sealy was tearing them apart. Remember the stand bouncing when we scored - must have been early 80s 

36 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Tony Sealy my fave loan. 

Tony Sealy and Lee Harwood lodged near us in Biddulph and gave me and my mate a lift down the Vale and complimentary tickets for half a season. Top blokes both. Sealy was a really good player had a good career. Harwood was solid but career ended early due to injury.

Alex Jones was pretty good for us for that half season. His career has tanked since.

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

Tony Sealy and Lee Harwood lodged near us in Biddulph and gave me and my mate a lift down the Vale and complimentary tickets for half a season. Top blokes both. Sealy was a really good player had a good career. Harwood was solid but career ended early due to injury.

Alex Jones was pretty good for us for that half season. His career has tanked since.

We had Sealy twice but couldn't afford to buy him. That's a good story...

Jones? When him,Grant and Alnwick left in that transfer window the writing was on the wall

As regards loan players making an outstanding contribution, what about Neville Southall? One of the greatest keepers in England at the time, just down on confidence after Ian Rush put a few past him, but superb for us and arguably the best goalie to have put on the Vale shirt albeit briefly. Imagine having such a goalkeeper next season.  My other favourites, showing my age, include Mark Lawrence and Kevin Young who I likened to Glenn Hoddle and Liam Brady of our level back in the day. Can’t remember what happened to them afterwards, maybe I just got excited in that other promotion season. Whoever we sign, I don’t want to transfer list any of the fantastic fans out there that make our club what it is. Keep posting folks, more interest than conversations with the missus while we are in Benidorm. In fact bumped into Mansfield fan in the pig and whistle, again gracious in defeat and praised the Vale. Some great fans amongst the smaller clubs like us.

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

I remember at a very early age, and someone will correct me here, but im pretty sure we were crammed in behind the nets at Stockport in the old wooden stand and Sealy was tearing them apart. Remember the stand bouncing when we scored - must have been early 80s 

Remember Tony Sealy running from the halfway line to score at either Stockport or Rochdale, me and my mate were sitting in a large wooden stand but the length of the pitch not behind the goal. Tony Sealy was like <ovf censored> off a shovel, he was quick.

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Tony Sealy! Fast and impressive when we loaned him. Big John said he could catch pigeons he was that quick.

Didn't he have spells in management? 

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

Add Alan Lee,David Healy and maybe Dean Smith and Chris Killen to those names.

Chris Killen has to be up there as one of the best loans surely? Six goals in nine games. 

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

The best loan player Ive seen was Johnny Green had him for two periods off Blackpool, he was a Rolls Royce of a player he used to run midfield,   then Harratt and then Tony Sealy.

yeh johnny green-superb, rarely gave the ball away .😊

Archived