• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

The Hamil End

4 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

There will be significantly more in the Hamil a lot will move from the back of the railway stand like me 

So because you’ll move your assuming that others will migrate with you. 

Advert:

27 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

So because you’ll move your assuming that others will migrate with you. 

Fans will move into the Hamil from all the stands, no question.  We can be confident that it’d be quite full in there on the back of novelty, the playoff semi, facilities to name but three.  Anyone thinking it’ll be like the playoff atmosphere every week is dreaming, but it would give a pretty instant boost to the atmosphere within the ground.  That said, the biggest single factor regarding atmosphere, or the lack of, in any ground is how the team are doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Would it not look even more embarrassing with the same number of fans in an area of the ground that holds more than the Bycars.

Well straight away, there would definitely be more in the Hamil than the Bycars. That goes without saying.

Do nothing, and what we know for certain is that the few hundred that go in the Bycars, don't go in for the atmosphere. They're silent. When was the last time a song even started from the Bycars? The Hamil would be different, those that choose the Hamil, would go to create an atmosphere. That's a given.

Let's say you're right, it looks embarrassing. Worst case scenario it looks just as embarrassing (it wouldn't) but those few hundred are in an end with much better facilities.

There's not one single argument in favour of the bycars that trumps the Hamil. Not one.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Then the Railway will look half empty like the Bycars does.

But the Railway doesn't generate a decent atmosphere. It sounds ok when you're in it, but beyond that corner, it's just a group of fans with their arms outstretched making very little noise.

Advert:

31 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Fans will move into the Hamil from all the stands, no question.  We can be confident that it’d be quite full in there on the back of novelty, the playoff semi, facilities to name but three.  Anyone thinking it’ll be like the playoff atmosphere every week is dreaming, but it would give a pretty instant boost to the atmosphere within the ground.  That said, the biggest single factor regarding atmosphere, or the lack of, in any ground is how the team are doing.

Again though, what do we know for certain, right now if things stay as they are. We played well this season, the atmosphere still wasn't great.

Play well with a popular Hamil End, the atmosphere would be so so much better. 

The Bycars need a massive make over. Either safe standing needs to be added to the top tier or thousands of tons of concrete need to be poured to raise the seating level.

What duffer decided to put a walkway infront of the front row if the top deck, from that row you cant even see the goal because of peoples heads in the way. It is a diabolical design. 

Give it to the away fans. They only have to suffer it once a season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Again though, what do we know for certain, right now if things stay as they are. We played well this season, the atmosphere still wasn't great.

Play well with a popular Hamil End, the atmosphere would be so so much better. 

Not sure about this, what are you comparing it too?  We had some great games, what about Orient?

Lose a few on the bounce and on a cold Tuesday in Jan it won’t matter what end we use.

Advert:

I'm Bycars season ticket and have been since the 80's . Would i move ?  absolutely.

Only thing i slightly disagree on re atmosphere is that it's been as flat as a witches t*t even when we've won games like Stevenage and Sutton.

That is because sometimes at Vale we need an opposition atmosphere to get us going. Oldham and Bristol i personally felt the atmosphere in the Bycars was fine.

Not just the big boys next season but i'd imagine Oxford, Charlton ,Plymouth as well as the big fish and local derbies will create a better atmosphere.

But i'd move at the drop of a hat. 

Also echo what Guitar said, winning football helps. Some of the most mind numbing nights are against opposition with 103 fans and you are freezing your taters off. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure the reason that they don’t want to upset a few hundred season ticket holders is correct if they were going knock it down and build a new stand they wouldn’t blink at moving them to another part of the ground I think it’s ridiculous to give the hamil to 150 away fans when we have to put up with the shocking facilities in the railway 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I’m not sure the reason that they don’t want to upset a few hundred season ticket holders is correct if they were going knock it down and build a new stand they wouldn’t blink at moving them to another part of the ground I think it’s ridiculous to give the hamil to 150 away fans when we have to put up with the shocking facilities in the railway 

I remember when I first started going to Vale the Bycars was being renovated. You couldn't move in the family stand back then. 

I underestimated the views of ppl saying that they would move into the Hamil End. Perhaps the club should have a number of trial games, to monitor the popularity. Could be that there would be a major cost implication to put away fans into the Bycars, with extra stewards. Where would you park the away coaches.? At the moment the segregation of fans on leaving the ground works well with the minimum cost and effort. This is what will be used to make the decision. 

Advert:

52 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I underestimated the views of ppl saying that they would move into the Hamil End. Perhaps the club should have a number of trial games, to monitor the popularity. Could be that there would be a major cost implication to put away fans into the Bycars, with extra stewards. Where would you park the away coaches.? At the moment the segregation of fans on leaving the ground works well with the minimum cost and effort. This is what will be used to make the decision. 

Maybe,apart from Bycars Ender complaints,the police have intervened PA and of course Dimensions.At this time the Synectics carpark seems the only reasonable solution for away coaches if there is to be a switch.It accommodated 50+ when we went to Wemberlee.I suppose some people have already bought STs for the Bycars aswell.

• Like 1