Jump to content

The Hamil End


Recommended Posts

As regards the "catering for away fans" so they can find a pub..like a lot of others,I just want to see the footie. Of I have to park a mile away and walk,so be it.

If we want to change with the times and look after our home fans for a change,give the away fans the Bycars and give the Vale fans the better facilities. 

I really aren't bothered whether Derby,Sheffield etc etc bring 2000 or 4000...we don't even know the fixtures or if it's televised yet 

Simply focus on the home fans. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Am I right in saying that the Bycars capacity is much less than the Hamil?  If so I can’t see the big away followings being housed anywhere other than the Hamil Road end. Especially if we’re going to be selling 4000 tickets in there, the revenue will be too much to turn down I think. 
How many times in the last 20 years has a side brought a following that wouldn't fit in the Bycars?
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Rory said:
3 hours ago, PV1973 said:
Am I right in saying that the Bycars capacity is much less than the Hamil?  If so I can’t see the big away followings being housed anywhere other than the Hamil Road end. Especially if we’re going to be selling 4000 tickets in there, the revenue will be too much to turn down I think. 

How many times in the last 20 years has a side brought a following that wouldn't fit in the Bycars?

There’s going to be a handful of clubs this season that will fill more than the bycars, so do the club take the extra revenue by putting them in the Hamil or keep it for home fans? 

Edited by PV1973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is that the Bycars and Railway need knocking down and rebuilding. They're not fit for purpose, and sit too far away from the pitch, especially the Railway. Get some more corporate in those stands too because everyone loves it down Vale looking at the current waiting lists

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rory said:
5 hours ago, PV1973 said:
Am I right in saying that the Bycars capacity is much less than the Hamil?  If so I can’t see the big away followings being housed anywhere other than the Hamil Road end. Especially if we’re going to be selling 4000 tickets in there, the revenue will be too much to turn down I think. 

How many times in the last 20 years has a side brought a following that wouldn't fit in the Bycars?

Leeds in 2007/08? Preston for their playoff game. Wolves? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 hours ago, Valiant in Brum said:
3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:
With regards to pubs, I think a lot of away fans know most of the Burslem pubs are home fans only so drink elsewhere, Newcastle and Tunstall locally, Congleton, Leek and Stone slightly farther afield.

Which defeats the object of parmi g the coaches right outside the Hamil anyhow.

In terms of Synectics car park I think the idea was that if it was, in part maybe, allocated as official parking for away fans then the majority would park there in close proximity to the Bycars.

If I decided, as an away fan, to park in Tunstall and walk down Brownhills or Scotia then it doesn’t really matter in small numbers.  The bigger games will be swarming with police over a fair sized radius next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been to renew my season ticket. According to the ticket office we will not be using Hamil for home fans there have been too many objections from Bycars season ticket holders. A mistake as far as I am concerned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, asoldasvalepark said:

Just been to renew my season ticket. According to the ticket office we will not be using Hamil for home fans there have been too many objections from Bycars season ticket holders. A mistake as far as I am concerned.

That’s a massive shame can’t be that many season ticket holders in there on an average match day there’s only about 500 in total in the bycars 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

That’s a massive shame can’t be that many season ticket holders in there on an average match day there’s only about 500 in total in the bycars 

Bycars always looks embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


35 minutes ago, asoldasvalepark said:

Just been to renew my season ticket. According to the ticket office we will not be using Hamil for home fans there have been too many objections from Bycars season ticket holders. A mistake as far as I am concerned.

You’ll never take the Bycars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that’s an off the cuff comment by the ticket office. I’m a Bycars season ticket holder and would have no objections to move.
But I think there are far too many logistical problems to solve based on what really was a one match trial. Perhaps over the coming season a few more games could be temporarily moved to provide more information to consider before making the move permanent. As an example a game on a weekend.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many season tickets holders are there in the Bycars? I go in there but had a flex 10 and am very in favour of the move. It’s a no brainer. Yes am sure one or two stalwarts won’t like it but frankly when you balance that with attracting new fans to the club by giving them the best facilities and keeping them it’s not even a decision to make.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


No sane person could evaluate that trial and come to the conclusion that sticking with the Bycars was the best solution. 

It's an embarrassment of a stand. 

Simply can't be true. No way a tiny number of people stuck in the dark ages could be allowed to hold the club back from improving the fan experience and overall atmosphere. Holding back the team as well. 

Very very strange.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the facilities in bycars can't be that bad then, no need to waste money in that stand.
People who object must be happy, with facilities on offer
Yeah, it must be great, that's why it's always packed.

If this is true it's absolutely criminal and a bit sick.
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...