The Hamil End

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Someone else has proposed Synectics car park which you’d have to think would be far easier, and cheaper, to implement.

Yes, plus I’d be more than happy for Synetics to take the profit from the coaches parking there.

Advert:

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

The club would take the profits.

If parked on Synetics car park. Either way, I’m sure the money would find its way back in to the club.

12 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Someone else has proposed Synectics car park which you’d have to think would be far easier, and cheaper, to implement.

True. I think Dimensions was used as a one off due to the fact that it had to be arranged quickly 

Synetics...why not?

I think moving to the Hamil is integral aim of building the club. Having a larger fan base shouting the lads on. We can be quite intimidating when we are up for it. Swindon was absolutely superb support for getting on for two hours. Maybe not in one big swoop next season but certain matches, cup ties, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day etc to build the novelty factor.

• Like 3

Advert:

If Swindon were in the Hamil it would have probably kicked off outside. It's safer this way around.

If we don't sort this out I want a meeting called.
It was great. Didn't see one Swindon fan on the Hamil after. Much better.
  • Like 3

Re Swindon play off 2 game. I parked as normal on high lane and walked down the Hamil and as I reached the entrance to sproston way 2 Swindon fans who had walked out of a side road by the model train shop and were just in front of me asked the youth steward on the car park barrier where the away stand was which unbelievably the youth pointed to the Hamil end, I interupted them and said follow me and walked with them around the Lorne street and once I reached my turnstile directed them to keep walking to the corner with bycars where I was sure there would be police or stewards. I saw no animosity or trouble. Not even any banter. All was as it should be in a public place. The moral is that despite probably bring advised to park on dimensions they had parked by the park to save money so as long as there's a plan to get fans through to bycars safely then I feel we should have the Hamil. I've not experienced an atmosphere in VP in my life like that night.

I don't really care where I sit as long as my seaon ticket has a decent view from behind the goal. I would say if you really wanted to, you could put good amount of decking (or similar) behind the stand at a relatively low cost to accomdate fans who wish to drink.

Are we the only club in the country that seem to obsess about away fans and access to their stand?  Every other away ground we visit has no such restrictions on dumping away fans directly at the door and segregation. It’s absolutely fine for us to house away fans wherever we see fit. We’re not Galatasaray!
I have been to away grounds where the coaches are parked away from the stadium and there is a 10 min walk before getting to the stadium. Never been to a stadium where coaches are parked directly behind the stadium for so called ease of in and out.
  • Like 1

Advert:

The away fans will need somewhere to have a beer. Wouldn't be wise having 4,000 Derby fans looking for a pint in Burslem because they can't get a beer in TCs or the ground. That issue would need to be resolved. Shame middleport has hardly any pubs anymore. Could give away fans that end otherwise with a short walk to Bycars Lane. Tunstall is a bit of a trek.

Posted (edited)

Am I right in saying that the Bycars capacity is much less than the Hamil?  If so I can’t see the big away followings being housed anywhere other than the Hamil Road end. Especially if we’re going to be selling 4000 tickets in there, the revenue will be too much to turn down I think. 

Edited by PV1973

The away fans will need somewhere to have a beer. Wouldn't be wise having 4,000 Derby fans looking for a pint in Burslem because they can't get a beer in TCs or the ground. That issue would need to be resolved. Shame middleport has hardly any pubs anymore. Could give away fans that end otherwise with a short walk to Bycars Lane. Tunstall is a bit of a trek.
Limit them to 2000, where did they drink last season by the incinerator?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

On 04/06/2022 at 06:57, Valiant in Brum said:
On 03/06/2022 at 09:58, Bede said:
Are we the only club in the country that seem to obsess about away fans and access to their stand?  Every other away ground we visit has no such restrictions on dumping away fans directly at the door and segregation. It’s absolutely fine for us to house away fans wherever we see fit. We’re not Galatasaray!

I have been to away grounds where the coaches are parked away from the stadium and there is a 10 min walk before getting to the stadium. Never been to a stadium where coaches are parked directly behind the stadium for so called ease of in and out.

Stoke,Walsall,Man City,Oldham.To name a few.

Advert:

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Am I right in saying that the Bycars capacity is much less than the Hamil?  If so I can’t see the big away followings being housed anywhere other than the Hamil Road end. Especially if we’re going to be selling 4000 tickets in there, the revenue will be too much to turn down I think. 

Over 500 less in Bycars from memory.

With regards to pubs, I think a lot of away fans know most of the Burslem pubs are home fans only so drink elsewhere, Newcastle and Tunstall locally, Congleton, Leek and Stone slightly farther afield.

With regards to pubs, I think a lot of away fans know most of the Burslem pubs are home fans only so drink elsewhere, Newcastle and Tunstall locally, Congleton, Leek and Stone slightly farther afield.
Which defeats the object of parmi g the coaches right outside the Hamil anyhow.