onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

Not doing more off the back of several BIG home crowds at the end of last season and over 17,000 going to Wembley is enraging. Look at our crowds after our visits to Wembley in 1993. We COULD have kicked on to become a club regularly getting over 7,000 home fans with the right decisions and investment around the stadium. I fear we've missed a trick with the momentum we've had with getting people through the turnstiles.
The open day next weekend is in a fanzone because to quote the club "the ground is off limits due to construction work". Also on another thread the lack of leaks from the club over signings, contracts etc whilst frustrating some has been welcomed as a sign of how happy staff are at the club. So ..... Who says it's not being worked on and may be ready for start of or early into the season?? You can't offer season tickets for a stand that's not complete! Can you imagine the uproar if the club said Lorne street Hamil should be ready, offered and sold season tickets in advance then due to delays elsewhere/snagging folks had to be relocated to an "inferior" stand. It would be meltdown. I am happy to wait and see. The club knows that there's hardly any seats left to buy in Lorne street bycars so it will as any business would want to earn money from its assets instead of turning people away. Ktf UTV.

Advert

22 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Glad you said it, saves me. However, from what DF said in his interview, it appears work on building a new gym, along with additional dressing rooms is imminent. 

Quite likely the pace of completion will be set by how many turn up to watch the games.

Id swap my Bycars ST for Hamil in a heartbeat, but in fairness to all Bycars fans who have had season tickets for nigh on generations, it would be a bit harsh to give them 9 weeks notice before moving en-bloc to another stand. Not saying it couldn't be done, but could end up losing as many fans as we gain (I don't think we would, but there would be understandably be many with a grump on).

It would be fantastic to have the whole end of the stadium for us - clubshop/fanzone/pub/better facilities, and if the Lorne Street was finished, it would make a great family stand next to a stand of home fans, not 113 Accrington* fans baying for blood.

*insert team of your choice 😍😍😍

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

Id swap my Bycars ST for Hamil in a heartbeat, but in fairness to all Bycars fans who have had season tickets for nigh on generations, it would be a bit harsh to give them 9 weeks notice before moving en-bloc to another stand. Not saying it couldn't be done, but could end up losing as many fans as we gain (I don't think we would, but there would be understandably be many with a grump on).

It would be fantastic to have the whole end of the stadium for us - clubshop/fanzone/pub/better facilities, and if the Lorne Street was finished, it would make a great family stand next to a stand of home fans, not 113 Accrington* fans baying for blood.

Spot on. I hadn't thought of the idea of club shop/ fanzine etc as a home end in the Hamil so to speak.

I think it will probably be proposed to move ends next season and Darrell Clarke said how good an atmosphere it was for the playoffs. However it was full and a one off game. There's a lot of positivity at the club so I feel that the focus should be to progress this season on the pitch and hopefully attendances will improve. This should provide more income and so on. 

It's a work in progress but the club are definitely heading in the right direction 

In a way the folk who say everything is attendance related are right however if you have a home end where you can go the toilet and get a drink etc easily while undercover then to me you have to give your own supporters the best ends of the ground not the away support although you still have to make it enjoyable for the travelling support as you want them to continue to say Vale away is one i always go so you have to bear that in mind however when teams are bringing sub 200 then you gotta look after your own and move the opposition to say the unused family stand (get it used for 200 folk what difference does it make put a refreshment kiosk in there and let the home fans have there day in the hamil .
Darrell Clark likes it for one that extra encouragement coming from the hamil could be the difference between midtable or sneaking in play offs putting the small away followings of certain clubs in family stand would make sense then the obstinate I shall not be moved bycars fanatics can stay where they are .
Think about it Vale it makes major sense
UTV
Atmosphere is what's required we have to be the 12th man as we now in a league where certain teams used to grace the top leagues and lets not forget we are a growing footballing club well it ain't going grow if folk do not allow it too
UTV

14 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

putting the small away followings of certain clubs in family stand would make sense then the obstinate I shall not be moved bycars fanatics can stay where they are .

The Family stand (if you're talking about the proposed section of the Lorne St) has to remain a family stand in my view. 

If you want attendances to grow you have to attract youngsters and give them decent facilities so shunting them out of an area to accommodate a small away following is a total no-go in my view.

I think the Bycars for away fans is the future but I think the issue is that it isn't a quick fix, especially with the limited off-season time this summer due to play-offs and the RW concert. There's all the ancillary work to the Bycars move such as approval from the authorities, sorting out car/coach parking on a permanent basis (not just a one-off play-off match basis).

For that reason, it clearly isn't happening this coming season but I would imagine it will be something that may be sorted next summer.

I do think that having the LS family end done, the Hamil End as a home end etc does allow that whole space from Tommy Cheadle's to the ticket office to be an expanded fanzone.

I understand peoples wishes for a better experience whilst attending matches at Vale.

What I can’t fathom is why people think this is an immediate simple fix.

Vale Park has been left to deteriorate over many years by previous ‘owners’ and it’s a long, hard and expensive way back to put things right . 
The Shanahans are doing a fantastic job within their means and probably frustrating restrictions beyond their control , plus the ‘unknown’ which no doubt crops up out of the blue !
As for the potential ‘move’ to the Hamil End and all those desperate for it to happen yesterday , please take the time out to read the Sentinel article from Colin Garlick which gives some interesting insight into what is involved before such decisions can be made . 
People bemoan lack of ‘news’ coming out of the Club ( which I think is a good thing - there are enough ‘in the know’ unfortunately sending people into tail spin with no good reason!) but when news does come out people fail to take notice and start ranting without knowing the facts .

We’re moving forward both on the pitch and off it , the Club are working extremely hard to achieve good things for us all , give them a chance . What they’ve done so far is beyond what we could expect , they know what they’re doing , let them get on with it and I’m sure we’ll all reap the benefits in time .

UTV

The Family stand (if you're talking about the proposed section of the Lorne St) has to remain a family stand in my view. 
If you want attendances to grow you have to attract youngsters and give them decent facilities so shunting them out of an area to accommodate a small away following is a total no-go in my view.
I think the Bycars for away fans is the future but I think the issue is that it isn't a quick fix, especially with the limited off-season time this summer due to play-offs and the RW concert. There's all the ancillary work to the Bycars move such as approval from the authorities, sorting out car/coach parking on a permanent basis (not just a one-off play-off match basis).
For that reason, it clearly isn't happening this coming season but I would imagine it will be something that may be sorted next summer.
I do think that having the LS family end done, the Hamil End as a home end etc does allow that whole space from Tommy Cheadle's to the ticket office to be an expanded fanzone.
Not that family stand the one which used be open by the bycars at attacking end of the railway it means they can park there limited coaches at far end of synthetic solutions car park and walk through the gate straight into that stand .
That's what I'd be doing what's the point in having 200 in that massive away end fair enough the likes of Bolton Derby and Sheffield Wednesday can have the hamil by all means but not every team especially ones who bring minimal away support .
UTV .

8 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Not that family stand the one which used be open by the bycars at attacking end of the railway it means they can park there limited coaches at far end of synthetic solutions car park and walk through the gate straight into that stand .
That's what I'd be doing what's the point in having 200 in that massive away end fair enough the likes of Bolton Derby and Sheffield Wednesday can have the hamil by all means but not every team especially ones who bring minimal away support .
UTV .

@Breadwinner I'm pretty sure that section isn't open because it isn't safe - mainly through neglect over the years. I don't think that section can be easily opened without considerable work on all sorts of things. Then there's getting the safety authorities to sign it off, agree to the change, then there's where you park the cars and how you get the away supporters not travelling by coach to that section... it's not a solution for me (although I stand to be corrected if anyone knows any different)

I'd agree with @ValeGez that this any move to the Hamil is a long-term one.

I still think the short-term fix which will solve a lot of our capacity issues would be for all efforts to be made to complete the LS concourse fundraising. I do think the focus has gone away from completing that fundraising with things like the JR statue fund also being launched (much as that is also a worthy cause). 

However, I still think the LS fund should be top priority over the summer/start of the season then we'd have 2,500 brand new seats, a brand new concourse and a top rated family area to boot.

To me, that's the easiest and quickest way to boost the Vale Park experience in the short-term as there's lots of logistical/safety issues which need to be worked through before the Hamil End can become a permanent home end.

Having those 2,500 extra seats would also go a long way to avoiding the kind of issues we had with the ground capacity for the last few home games. 

For me, I'd get the LS stand sorted, fully open and then look at the possibility of the Hamil End at a later date.

11 minutes ago, robf said:

I'd agree with @ValeGez that this any move to the Hamil is a long-term one.

I still think the short-term fix which will solve a lot of our capacity issues would be for all efforts to be made to complete the LS concourse fundraising. I do think the focus has gone away from completing that fundraising with things like the JR statue fund also being launched (much as that is also a worthy cause). 

However, I still think the LS fund should be top priority over the summer/start of the season then we'd have 2,500 brand new seats, a brand new concourse and a top rated family area to boot.

To me, that's the easiest and quickest way to boost the Vale Park experience in the short-term as there's lots of logistical/safety issues which need to be worked through before the Hamil End can become a permanent home end.

Having those 2,500 extra seats would also go a long way to avoiding the kind of issues we had with the ground capacity for the last few home games. 

For me, I'd get the LS stand sorted, fully open and then look at the possibility of the Hamil End at a later date.

Completely agree, Rob.

The club will have just netted an unexpected 250k for the playoff run. Using 40% of that bump the completion of the LS up the 'prio list' of stadium improvements with an aim of opening at some point during this season would be a reasonable use of those funds, in my opinion.

Ps. There's not 2500 seats in that 'unfinished' side of the LS. More like 1800. 

7 hours ago, Hoppers said:

I know Autonet have their name on a Stand as do Synetics. I'm sure both invest a lot of money into the club.

Who's names are on the other stands? If the Sentinel still have their name on the Family Stand corner by the Bycars but don't invest any money,take their name down...don't give them free advertising!

What about Signal and Radio Joke? Do they invest any money cos they'll be getting people listening if they cover the games.

My point is that fans can only invest so much of their hard earned money and savings so although I have no doubt that sponsors are being chased up and fresh ones being pursued,it'll be the bigger companies who have more money to invest I would have thought...

Just had a look in the Lorne Street for availability. 64 seats available if you're a new or returning supporter looking for a season ticket (in the most expensive part of the ground for a "normal" seat). That means that if every existing season ticket holders renews (unrealistic I know) then they'll be less than 64 seats available for general sale for every league match. To think that people don't see that getting the other side of the Lorne street open, a stand 95% complete with seats in situ is a massive priority is madness. It could be officially sold out for every match next season, whilst the dump that is the Bycars houses 400 stubborn dinosaurs.

Archived