onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

Advert

47 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

There is no decent seats left in the Lorne street for a season ticket. So that means 3 of us not bothering. I was hoping the Hamil would of become available.

Bycars is a no, no as you cant even get a beer in there, and the Railway, the facilities are pretty rubbish.

I would buy all 3 right now if we could choose the Hamil

So where will you sit then?

What you’re saying makes no sense, unless you intend not attending matches because you can’t sit in the Hamil.  If you’ve got the money for your 3 season tickets why not buy them for your preferred available stand and simply transfer if/when the Hamil is made available.  It probably will be, just not for every game this season.

16 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

There is no decent seats left in the Lorne street for a season ticket. So that means 3 of us not bothering. I was hoping the Hamil would of become available.

Bycars is a no, no as you cant even get a beer in there, and the Railway, the facilities are pretty rubbish.

I think there are seats available close to pitch level which I have liked occasionally in the past. But big risk of getting wet. The problem with the Bycar stand from a viewing perspective is that its an old terrace. It simply isn't banked enough and so much of the game is played what seems miles away. I guess that is true of Hamil road but I haven't been there often enough to remember. Last time was the women's game Italy v England.  

Vale Park as a stadium designed in the era of terraces and then had seats fitted. Set aside Lorne Street. So it isn't designed properly for an all seater stadium. The same is true of even big stadiums. Expanded Anfield is an inferior viewing experience compared to the Etihad. Everton are building a new stadium that will be miles better than Anfield. But they need to buy an entire new team!

17 hours ago, dishydave said:

It needs finishing there's no doubt about that but what wasn't taken into account with the 100k figure was the need for a new space for the gym and I would imagine that's the main sticking point with the Lorne street. From a financial point of view it won't attract 1600 new fans people will just move from other parts and with it becoming a family stand most of the new fans it gets will not have to pay as they will be kids. The new suite however @ £800 a season ticket will generate enough money this season to get it finished for next.

Is there a link to the pricing of the suite? Or boxes for that matter and can an individual purchase a single ticket for a single game? 

Obviously not buying a season ticket for two games but wouldnt mind being in the Robbie Suite or box for the Bolton and Pompey home matches. For that matter if anybody has a spare seat in a box for these games I would be happy to pay my share.

Is there a link to the pricing of the suite? Or boxes for that matter and can an individual purchase a single ticket for a single game? 
Obviously not buying a season ticket for two games but wouldnt mind being in the Robbie Suite or box for the Bolton and Pompey home matches. For that matter if anybody has a spare seat in a box for these games I would be happy to pay my share.

Hospitality on the Vale site covers the RW area
(In the Commercial section)
Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

18 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

7,000 would be a good average through the season without a local derby to boost the gate. Selling an end swap to Bycars STs and allowing Railway STs to use the Hamil for certain games could be tried on the basis of economics and as a trial for the future. But has to be driven on attendances, in the 90s I don't think we did much better than 7k, and the current economic situation is not promising.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Comparing attendances to the 90s era under Billy Bell, never a great idea

19 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It won't happen but opening day perfect opportunity. 

Big anticipating home crowd hopefully 7000 basking in the July sunshine and 117 from Fleetwood shoved up the Bycars. 

Ps I've just renewed my Bycars ticket this morning but I'd 100% swap as and when asked. No brainer. 

I’d get the corner section re opened and give them that, why have 117 fans in a 3000 stand?

So if not getting season ticket in hamil no point getting one (3) and no decent ones left in lorne Street (have we sold out in that end or something as usually can sit anywhere )then you not getting any at all how you going watch the Vale then you have to go somewhere .
I want get mine in hamil but I will get one in Railway stand as we have to be there no matter what make no bones about it this season the players have to step up even more than usual as we moved up a league but that goes for the supporters too .
In the fans cases no good turning up once every big game comes along (Swindon etc )then only coming if chance go up every season as its not going happen regularly you need to show your colours more often (not you pacifically)the support has to grow and has to create a horrible place to visit inside the stadium (noise and backing needs be top notch if not capable as a whole then we going struggle so to me hamil is where we all need to be (the vocal ones )but if not be we must congregate in RP and RS

UTV

Why do Vale fans continually have to settle for second-best at Vale Park. I appreciate money is a huge issue and we’re still stumbling along after some dreadful ownership. But I thought the new owners would have recognised the need to provide a decent match day experience is nearly as important as success on the pitch. The facilities are truly woeful, and have barely changed for decades. The ‘new’ toilets in the RS involve a near-darkness experience through 1/2 inch of slippery urine and even the Lorne Street facilities are poor if we’re being honest. Please don’t give me the usual comparisons to other clubs poor facilities, I’m not bothered about them or benchmarking ourselves against them as some kind of excuse for not improving facilities for home fans at VP. Come on Vale, put your own fans first for once instead of relying on blind loyalty. Put things in place that turn heads and attract new fans to VP.

20 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

I would buy all 3 !right now if we could choose the Hamil

pathetic!🤫

Why do Vale fans continually have to settle for second-best at Vale Park. I appreciate money is a huge issue and we’re still stumbling along after some dreadful ownership. But I thought the new owners would have recognised the need to provide a decent match day experience is nearly as important as success on the pitch. The facilities are truly woeful, and have barely changed for decades. The ‘new’ toilets in the RS involve a near-darkness experience through 1/2 inch of slippery urine and even the Lorne Street facilities are poor if we’re being honest. Please don’t give me the usual comparisons to other clubs poor facilities, I’m not bothered about them or benchmarking ourselves against them as some kind of excuse for not improving facilities for home fans at VP. Come on Vale, put your own fans first for once instead of relying on blind loyalty. Put things in place that turn heads and attract new fans to VP.
I'm sure that if you give Carol the directions to Jeremy Corbyn's magic money tree then she'll be more than happy to do everything you suggest.

There has been significant investment so far, and there will continue to be, but it's all about priorities. No point at all having a state of the art stadium etc if the team is gash, and there's no plan to move us higher. Things will get done. We've only just finished paying off the fat one.

6 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

pathetic!🤫

Where have you got a season ticket for mate?

I didn't miss a Vale game all last season, home and away I was at the home games, for the away games I couldn't attend I watched on Ifollow. So gave all I could to the club. Cant believe I had to type that out TBH. There a a few precious lot on here:kiss::laugh:

I am going to wait until the early bird offer finishes and hope better seats come available. Thats it really. Perhaps my original post wasn't very well put!, but I know what I meant.

24 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

The only response is there is a lot to be done in what is now a very old stadium. With the Bycars stand the catering surely can be improved because the kiosk is simply not enough for the average gate at present. The toilets are ok at present gate level but not a full stand. So there is an issue, when say Sheff Wed turn up and fill it, they will do so with rubbish facilities and think Port Vale and Burslem are a garbage place to come to. 

The only response is there is a lot to be done in what is now a very old stadium. With the Bycars stand the catering surely can be improved because the kiosk is simply not enough for the average gate at present. The toilets are ok at present gate level but not a full stand. So there is an issue, when say Sheff Wed turn up and fill it, they will do so with rubbish facilities and think Port Vale and Burslem are a garbage place to come to. 
Who gives a flying clucck what weds. Fans think of p.v. and burslem? Always give your own supporters the better facilities. Let them moan their conkers off , no skin off our nose.

Archived