Jump to content

The Hamil End


Recommended Posts

I'm sure that if you give Carol the directions to Jeremy Corbyn's magic money tree then she'll be more than happy to do everything you suggest.

There has been significant investment so far, and there will continue to be, but it's all about priorities. No point at all having a state of the art stadium etc if the team is gash, and there's no plan to move us higher. Things will get done. We've only just finished paying off the fat one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Where have you got a season ticket for mate?

I didn't miss a Vale game all last season, home and away I was at the home games, for the away games I couldn't attend I watched on Ifollow. So gave all I could to the club. Cant believe I had to type that out TBH. There a a few precious lot on here:kiss::laugh:

Β 

I am going to wait until the early bird offer finishes and hope better seats come available. Thats it really. Perhaps my original post wasn't very well put!, but I know what I meant.

Eyup mate, yeah I think your original text could be read out of context to be fair. Re the Lorne street, as you have alluded to in your later message, they have to hold onto last years season tickets until after the early bird offer finishes, then they come up for grabs, so hopefully you can obtain some together.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hoppers said:

Eyup mate, yeah I think your original text could be read out of context to be fair. Re the Lorne street, as you have alluded to in your later message, they have to hold onto last years season tickets until after the early bird offer finishes, then they come up for grabs, so hopefully you can obtain some together.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Absolutely. Top manπŸ‘

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Where have you got a season ticket for mate?

I didn't miss a Vale game all last season, home and away I was at the home games, for the away games I couldn't attend I watched on Ifollow. So gave all I could to the club. Cant believe I had to type that out TBH. There a a few precious lot on here:kiss::laugh:

Β 

I am going to wait until the early bird offer finishes and hope better seats come available. Thats it really. Perhaps my original post wasn't very well put!, but I know what I meant.

Fair play, but I’ve never known better seats to become available after the deadline. Β All the seats are up for grabs and when they’re gone they’re gone. Β You might be extremely lucky and find someone has vacated a seat for some reason, which then becomes available, but this could be at any time, not just after the deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Fair play, but I’ve never known better seats to become available after the deadline. Β All the seats are up for grabs and when they’re gone they’re gone. Β You might be extremely lucky and find someone has vacated a seat for some reason, which then becomes available, but this could be at any time, not just after the deadline.

Yep, its a gamble. Its going to cost me more money no matter what. Either I pay full price every game or I get a season ticket at full price. Which will benefit the club anyway. Thats something I dont mind doing at all.

We'll see whats, what anyway.

Β 

I'm still waiting to see what stand @geoff1Β  has his season ticket in, since he's such a real fan:shifty:

Edited by Platty's Tassels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Just brought mine 315 for the railway stand works out at 13.69 something a game bargain mind you what I've saved on the games i will spend on getting me lad in when we both can go.
So even though max probably 10 games I will go it's there for others go .
UTV
Hopefully we can switch to hamil at some points during season then me along with many others will be heard
UTV



  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...it's been a while.

Growing up on Park Estate and attending Vale since the 70s with my dad. Starting again in 1979 when we had free tickets at Park Road School. Going most of the home games in the 80s and introducing my Mum going in December 1982 when we beat Wimbledon 1-0 with a Bob Newton penalty. Me and Mum having season tickets through the 80s and 90s. Taking time out from 2000 due to a change of job. Introducing my son Fred in 2008 when the free U9 season tickets came out. All 3 of us having season tickets until the fated Ribeiro season. Mum stopped going as well the season after.

I happened to have a week off in August last year and attended the Tranmere and Carlisle home games with Fred. We enjoyed them both, only missed 6 home games and went the play off semi and the final.

Today I have bought us both season tickets for the Bycars. Can't wait for the first match. Must be mad...

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Yep, its a gamble. Its going to cost me more money no matter what. Either I pay full price every game or I get a season ticket at full price. Which will benefit the club anyway. Thats something I dont mind doing at all.

We'll see whats, what anyway.

Β 

I'm still waiting to see what stand @geoff1Β  has his season ticket in, since he's such a real fan:shifty:

railway paddock pal,crap toilets and all since 1954!πŸ˜„

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Well...it's been a while.

Growing up on Park Estate and attending Vale since the 70s with my dad. Starting again in 1979 when we had free tickets at Park Road School. Going most of the home games in the 80s and introducing my Mum going in December 1982 when we beat Wimbledon 1-0 with a Bob Newton penalty. Me and Mum having season tickets through the 80s and 90s. Taking time out from 2000 due to a change of job. Introducing my son Fred in 2008 when the free U9 season tickets came out. All 3 of us having season tickets until the fated Ribeiro season. Mum stopped going as well the season after.

I happened to have a week off in August last year and attended the Tranmere and Carlisle home games with Fred. We enjoyed them both, only missed 6 home games and went the play off semi and the final.

Today I have bought us both season tickets for the Bycars. Can't wait for the first match. Must be mad...

Welcome back to a full season of the Mighty Whites! Hope you both enjoy it,never a dull moment.πŸ™‚

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


A hearty welcome from a fellow bycarsonian / future hamilite πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Cu behind the nets on the 30th πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2022 at 14:30, Platty's Tassels said:

There is no decent seats left in the Lorne street for a season ticket. So that means 3 of us not bothering. I was hoping the Hamil would of become available.

Β 

Bycars is a no, no as you cant even get a beer in there, and the Railway, the facilities are pretty rubbish.

Β 

I would buy all 3 right now if we could choose the Hamil

Says absolutely everything as to why finishing the other side of the Lorne Street is an absolute priority, and moving home fans into the Hamil should have been looked at much more seriously. Honestly felt a little let down parting with my Β£300+ for another season in the Railway, having been given a taste of what could have been during the playoff semi. We'd have sold 1,500 season tickets Iin the Hamil, creating a proper home end for the first time in nearly 30 years, and sold more in the Lorne Street at the more expensive price if we'd bothered to install a concourse. Missed opportunity.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not doing more off the back of several BIG home crowds at the end of last season and over 17,000 going to Wembley is enraging. Look at our crowds after our visits to Wembley in 1993. We COULD have kicked on to become a club regularly getting over 7,000 home fans with the right decisions and investment around the stadium. I fear we've missed a trick with the momentum we've had with getting people through the turnstiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Says absolutely everything as to why finishing the other side of the Lorne Street is an absolute priority, and moving home fans into the Hamil should have been looked at much more seriously. Honestly felt a little let down parting with my Β£300+ for another season in the Railway, having been given a taste of what could have been during the playoff semi. We'd have sold 1,500 season tickets Iin the Hamil, creating a proper home end for the first time in nearly 30 years, and sold more in the Lorne Street at the more expensive price if we'd bothered to install a concourse. Missed opportunity.

Concourse occupied by players gym preventing access to Lorne St, all in good time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

A hearty welcome from a fellow bycarsonian / future hamilite πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Cu behind the nets on the 30th πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

As long as they replace my seat that was thrown into the pitch against Swindle...Β 

I don't mind it in the Bycars...crappy toilets and all. I think winning our home games is the key to how we do next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Not doing more off the back of several BIG home crowds at the end of last season and over 17,000 going to Wembley is enraging. Look at our crowds after our visits to Wembley in 1993. We COULD have kicked on to become a club regularly getting over 7,000 home fans with the right decisions and investment around the stadium. I fear we've missed a trick with the momentum we've had with getting people through the turnstiles.
The open day next weekend is in a fanzone because to quote the club "the ground is off limits due to construction work". Also on another thread the lack of leaks from the club over signings, contracts etc whilst frustrating some has been welcomed as a sign of how happy staff are at the club. So ..... Who says it's not being worked on and may be ready for start of or early into the season?? You can't offer season tickets for a stand that's not complete! Can you imagine the uproar if the club said Lorne street Hamil should be ready, offered and sold season tickets in advance then due to delays elsewhere/snagging folks had to be relocated to an "inferior" stand. It would be meltdown. I am happy to wait and see. The club knows that there's hardly any seats left to buy in Lorne street bycars so it will as any business would want to earn money from its assets instead of turning people away. Ktf UTV.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Concourse occupied by players gym preventing access to Lorne St, all in good time

Glad you said it, saves me. However, from what DF said in his interview, it appears work on building a new gym, along with additional dressing rooms is imminent.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Glad you said it, saves me. However, from what DF said in his interview, it appears work on building a new gym, along with additional dressing rooms is imminent.Β 

Quite likely the pace of completion will be set by how many turn up to watch the games.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save -Β Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...