• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

The Hamil End

I would have thought that the club would have made a statement by now regarding a possible move to the hamil for home fans. I know if we did have the hamil it would vastly improve the atmosphere in the ground. Sadly it looks like we are slumming it in the railway again. Wading through urine and water in the bogs.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

It ain’t going to happen for next season. I think the club would have had to make the decision before season tickets went on sale. Hopefully they can make the switch ready for the 23/24 season, it makes sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

I would have thought that the club would have made a statement by now regarding a possible move to the hamil for home fans. I know if we did have the hamil it would vastly improve the atmosphere in the ground. Sadly it looks like we are slumming it in the railway again. Wading through urine and water in the bogs.

I asked the question yesterday and was told they will be monitoring the attendances and if there’s a need it will be the season after next before anything happens.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I asked the question yesterday and was told they will be monitoring the attendances and if there’s a need it will be the season after next before anything happens.

Would be nice if the club would come out and let the fans know one way or the other what’s happening with the hamil 

• Like 1

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Would be nice if the club would come out and let the fans know one way or the other what’s happening with the hamil 

Easy enough to move home fans into the Hamil, all facilities are there. but putting away fans elsewhere takes more organizing with the relevant authorities, facilities to be provided, etc A one off game against Swindle is not the same as catering for a big club.  Whatever is done still takes time to rough out a plan and timescale, they have holidays too.

46 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Why? As far as I’m aware it’s never been on the clubs agenda, just on forums. Some who’ve already bought season tickets for the Bycars may not be too pleased. I’d like to see the new seated section fully opened first and hopefully set up as the family stand, get the old family stand open again for the 23/24 season and then move away fans to the Bycars. Would have been great for this season but probably a year too early.

• Like 2

Not finishing the lorne Street ready for the start of the season really won't be good enough. We haven't got a decent family area so this should be the number 1 priority. It needs sorting ASAP. The fans deserve it.

40 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Not finishing the lorne Street ready for the start of the season really won't be good enough. We haven't got a decent family area so this should be the number 1 priority. It needs sorting ASAP. The fans deserve it.

I’m sure if there was a bottomless pit of money it would have been sorted, but there’s so much that needs doing and only so much money to go around 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Why? As far as I’m aware it’s never been on the clubs agenda, just on forums. Some who’ve already bought season tickets for the Bycars may not be too pleased. I’d like to see the new seated section fully opened first and hopefully set up as the family stand, get the old family stand open again for the 23/24 season and then move away fans to the Bycars. Would have been great for this season but probably a year too early.

I bought a season ticket for the Hamil End for 93-94 season. Sadly the coppers intervened and the project was scrapped a few weeks before the season kicked off.

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I’m sure if there was a bottomless pit of money it would have been sorted, but there’s so much that needs doing and only so much money to go around 

First step is moving the gym, some progress on that front I believe.

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

First step is moving the gym, some progress on that front I believe.

That was the main stumbling block, so that’s good news.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

WHY cos it would be nice to fecking know that’s WHY 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coyney Valiant said:

WHY cos it would be nice to fecking know that’s WHY 

I agree, but the club have not said it’s an option have they? I’m with you, I hope they do and it is the right thing to do.

Advert:

39 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I bought a season ticket for the Hamil End for 93-94 season. Sadly the coppers intervened and the project was scrapped a few weeks before the season kicked off.

The coppers are useless and would prefer us all on the Hamil after the match. 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

It's a £100K job. If we can't find that after getting promoted then we need new owners.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

It's a £100K job. If we can't find that after getting promoted then we need new owners.

It may be a 100k job but that’s on top of all the other jobs, like the pop up sprinklers for the training pitches, the Robbie Williams suite, plus other things we probably don’t know about.

add to that re surfacing Bycars Lane.

Edited by Conrad