onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

Advert

14 hours ago, Conrad said:

There may come a time when we need the extra capacity, we came close a couple of times this season just gone.

it would look better if was just a continuation of the Bycars, ie just remove that small fence and folk could use the facilities in the Bycars.

Then the question would be do home fans move back to the Bycars because as you say, it would need that buffer between the Railway and Bycars.

Using the facilities in the Bycars is in fact a controversial and covert experiment aimed at improving the publics resistance to disease… having myself been part of the trial for the past 50 years I can confirm that the facilities trialled including eating from the old T Bar menu, using the toilets with copious amounts of urine secretly applied to the floors and walls , and grappling with a liquid drink with the temperature of the sun whilst trying to get the lid to stay on the cup does in fact render a person immune to everything from covid to monkey pox.

I believe that the trials are to be completed this year at which point they will be extended to people from outside of the area allowing the likes of myself to return to a more normal environment from which to witness the continued improvement of the Vale. Hopefully the experiment will help to protect lives for years to come but I am disappointed that the trialists have had to pay to be included rather than similar trials at Astra Zeneca who fund  trials themselves.

Valdene would be a great signing. 

16 hours ago, Santa said:

All the turnstile blocks for the Railway Stand, and the bottom one near the toilets for the paddock, have been demolished. Three weeks to put new ones in. Best get a move on. 

Wow!

19 hours ago, Santa said:

All the turnstile blocks for the Railway Stand, and the bottom one near the toilets for the paddock, have been demolished. Three weeks to put new ones in. Best get a move on. 

I wonder if replacing them will help raise the capacity of the Railway? 

Thank god for that. They get tighter every season. I wonder why they shrink a bit every year

On 09/07/2022 at 21:52, Santa said:

Update this morning. 

FDA5EB2E-867B-454D-963D-920F19E20E2B.jpeg

On 08/07/2022 at 22:40, Doha said:

I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that the manufacturer has actually ceased trading.

Colchester have one inbetween two stands that I'm sure shows a video feed of the game and instant replays.

"Your advert here" / put it in the family stand in full unhindered view of the ifollow camera gantry and match press photographers = annual income £££

Groundhopping at Colchester United

Sorry Doha, you are wrong in thinking the manufacturer has gone bust. The scoreboard at the Vale was supplied and fitted by a company called Daktronics who work with some of the biggest clubs in Europe. 

At the time we fitted the scoreboard at the club it was virtually the same one that Man Utd had in a couple of places at Old Trafford the only thing they could that ours couldn't was to show highlights straight after it happened in real time (like showing replays of goals just after they were scored). We could show highlights or even the whole game of previous matches if we wanted, but just like most thinks at the Vale once the original person who had been shown how to use all the options which could be done by the scoreboard left, replacement staff were never shown all the options and the club would never pay for Daktronics to come and train the next guy up. 

There's a good number of bycars enders who are not happy about the move to the hamil I say this to you ,if Port Vale have more numbers coming through the turnstiles is that not what we all want I understand you may not like folk standing in front of you etc but you do not have to move to hamil there's the railway you probably noticed only the singers stand up all game towards the hamil so you can sit freely in majority of stand and paddock ,Lorne Street the same as someone who regularly went in bycars 90s and also gone watch Vale in Lorne Street and Paddock and now stand but very rarely we have took the roof off the place like we did v Swindon in the hamil .
The noise alone should interest the part time supporter never mind the decent toilets and being able get a drink if that way inclined .
Over 6000 sold now that's without hospitality etc on top so if we can have a end where folk enjoy the atmosphere because I for one do want sit there and hope we win we have to get out our seats and encourage a 6 out of 10 performance into a 7/8/9.
I believe with the hamil backing theres nothing Vale cannot achieve.
UTV

Archived