onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

9 hours ago, DazFred said:

I know Autonet have their name on a Stand as do Synetics. I'm sure both invest a lot of money into the club.

Who's names are on the other stands? If the Sentinel still have their name on the Family Stand corner by the Bycars but don't invest any money,take their name down...don't give them free advertising!

What about Signal and Radio Joke? Do they invest any money cos they'll be getting people listening if they cover the games.

My point is that fans can only invest so much of their hard earned money and savings so although I have no doubt that sponsors are being chased up and fresh ones being pursued,it'll be the bigger companies who have more money to invest I would have thought...

Autonet is on them all.  As is the name of the stand, something Carol thought was important to maintain along with the name Vale Park.

Advert

34 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Just had a look in the Lorne Street for availability. 64 seats available if you're a new or returning supporter looking for a season ticket (in the most expensive part of the ground for a "normal" seat). That means that if every existing season ticket holders renews (unrealistic I know) then they'll be less than 64 seats available for general sale for every league match. To think that people don't see that getting the other side of the Lorne street open, a stand 95% complete with seats in situ is a massive priority is madness. It could be officially sold out for every match next season, whilst the dump that is the Bycars houses 400 stubborn dinosaurs.

I hit the “like” button before reading that last sentence of your comment and realising it was possibly aimed at my good self and my 399 close acquaintances. 🤔🦕

I know I speak for many of my number when I say that in these enlightened times the term dinosaur is derogatory to the lifeforms of the Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, and Permian periods.  Plus some others I may have excluded.  Inadvertently.

GR you missed the obvious one.  Carol should have changed the name of the ground after all.  Jurassic Park immediately springs to mind.

6 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I know I speak for many of my number when I say that in these enlightened times the term dinosaur is derogatory to the lifeforms of the Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, and Permian periods.  Plus some others I may have excluded.  Inadvertently.

Just had a look in the Lorne Street for availability. 64 seats available if you're a new or returning supporter looking for a season ticket (in the most expensive part of the ground for a "normal" seat). That means that if every existing season ticket holders renews (unrealistic I know) then they'll be less than 64 seats available for general sale for every league match. To think that people don't see that getting the other side of the Lorne street open, a stand 95% complete with seats in situ is a massive priority is madness. It could be officially sold out for every match next season, whilst the dump that is the Bycars houses 400 stubborn dinosaurs.

Confident Carol is fully aware what the priorities are to be fair Bobby and she is planning to open the other side as soon as she can, with a plan to do so

1 hour ago, robf said:

This is a re-write of a previous opinion piece by me but my thoughts remain the same on the issue - 

Agree with this, completion of Lorne Street should be the No.1 priority.  It looked great to see people in there at the RW concert.  That said the occasional swapping of ends should be easy to facilitate for some fixtures where away numbers are low.  I think the more entrenched Bycars fans would be more in favour if this than a permanent move, which is one for the future.

55 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Agree with this, completion of Lorne Street should be the No.1 priority.  It looked great to see people in there at the RW concert.  That said the occasional swapping of ends should be easy to facilitate for some fixtures where away numbers are low.  I think the more entrenched Bycars fans would be more in favour if this than a permanent move, which is one for the future.

Agree.

Lets try it first game of season. Its Fleetwood not Sheff Wed

It would be great to be a club that has an ‘end’. The Swindon game demonstrated how much of an advantage that would be.

For most of my time as a Vale fan the Bycars has been dying as a part of the ground people want to sit in. Lack of concourse facilities clearly don’t help.

Apart from being able to serve booze, the user experience in the Railway/Bycars isn’t great. It’s even beginning to wear thin with the traditionalists who consider it their natural home at VP so God knows what it must be like for anyone wanting to start bringing their kids to Vale.

Obviously if money was no object there would be a really obvious solution that involves bulldozers and architects. I don’t know if given the age of the Railway Stand the club’s hand might be forced sooner rather than later.

12 minutes ago, Santa said:

It would be great to be a club that has an ‘end’. The Swindon game demonstrated how much of an advantage that would be.

For most of my time as a Vale fan the Bycars has been dying as a part of the ground people want to sit in. Lack of concourse facilities clearly don’t help.

Apart from being able to serve booze, the user experience in the Railway/Bycars isn’t great. It’s even beginning to wear thin with the traditionalists who consider it their natural home at VP so God knows what it must be like for anyone wanting to start bringing their kids to Vale.

Obviously if money was no object there would be a really obvious solution that involves bulldozers and architects. I don’t know if given the age of the Railway Stand the club’s hand might be forced sooner rather than later.

To flip the logic, what’s wrong with fans making the Bycars a “home end”?  Fans could simply take it upon themselves.  Get the word out on the various channels.  We’re going to move into the Bycars for game XYZ, fill it up and have a party.  I appreciate this is highly unlikely as no doubt some will always find excuses, but the bogs are no worse than the Railway and the beer could easily be sorted.  Increased numbers in there on a regular basis would place more onus on the club to improve facilities.

The idea that we have to be in the Hamil end to generate any noise is patently untrue.

42 minutes ago, Santa said:

I think the Railway has a few years left, whether remedial work or the dream option with a steeper stand built closer to the pitch in front of the current stand,  Either is likely to close part or all of the stand and concentrate crowds elsewhere, a concourse at the rear of Bycars would increase capacity and use of that end. All will depend on attendances and league status. Thus priorities likely to be Lorne St, Bycars and then the oldest stand. 

Archived