onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

Advert

14 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

In the 50s part of the Bycar end of the Railway stand and Paddock were fenced off for away fans, but larger clubs tended to stand in any other part of the ground, and thus roars came from anywhere.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

They separated fans in the 50s? I never saw any evidence of that until the mid 70s

16 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Chin up.  If it helps I don’t think you’re misguided. 👍🏻

Also, you don’t have to meekly listen to 200 away fans.  I think the norm is to try and respond in greater volume.  At least that’s how it always was.  If not, console yourself that we may be winning and those 200 fans will barely whimper.

As one of the 250 (you’ve no doubt counted) ST holders I can assure you I’ll be smiling whichever stand I sit in if the team is doing well.

There's the problem. 1000 Vale fans singing their hearts out in the Railway cannot be heard outside the stand. I've witnessed that first hand from the LS, the President seats and more recently the Hamil. It's a massive disadvantage.

I'll say no more on it, but it's a massive missed opportunity to strike while the iron's hot and will surely frustrate our brilliant manager, who has directly asked for the change having seen the impact it had on his team. 

They separated fans in the 50s? I never saw any evidence of that until the mid 70s
There were iron railings within the Railway similar to the railings between the railings separating the Railway from the Bycars. Not that I noticed them a lot either as we never went past the half way line. The railing in the Paddock had a high swing gate, but in the stand it was fixed.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Anybody remember the saying you will never take the Bycars i think it was before the roof went on the Hamil end and the transfer turnstiles where taken away so you could not change ends at half time . 

14 minutes ago, rsb said:

Anybody remember the saying you will never take the Bycars i think it was before the roof went on the Hamil end and the transfer turnstiles where taken away so you could not change ends at half time . 

Yes, a chant rather than a saying.

43 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

There's the problem. 1000 Vale fans singing their hearts out in the Railway cannot be heard outside the stand. I've witnessed that first hand from the LS, the President seats and more recently the Hamil. It's a massive disadvantage.

I'll say no more on it, but it's a massive missed opportunity to strike while the iron's hot and will surely frustrate our brilliant manager, who has directly asked for the change having seen the impact it had on his team. 

Can’t be heard outside the stand?  Explain to me then how, when the singing starts, as we know usually from Hamil end of the Bycars, the rest of the stands manage to join in if the singers can’t be heard outside the stand?

Furthermore, my hearing isn’t great but not only can I hear them from my seat in the Bycars but the odd time I arrive after kickoff I can hear them from Dolly’s Lane or Dimensions.

I agree that there is an opportunity to generate a bit more atmosphere by opening the Hamil to home fans.  No question.  Where I disagree with some is that it won’t necessarily create an atmosphere akin to the playoff semi every game, as seems to be the suggestion from some.  Any atmosphere is predominantly influenced by goings on on the pitch.

Just been up the Vale and noticed the fence between Hamil car park and club shop has been taken down and posts removed. Looks as though it is not going to be replaced, I thought this was requested by the Police to separate supporters.

7 minutes ago, knapperm said:

Just been up the Vale and noticed the fence between Hamil car park and club shop has been taken down and posts removed. Looks as though it is not going to be replaced, I thought this was requested by the Police to separate supporters.

Taken down for the Robbie gig.  Metal portable barrier type fencing there when I called in the shop on Wednesday.

Joke if true. All for the sake of 200 people max. Sad.
Just let them have there season tickets in there then when the away followings come they will just have to mingle .
Even Darrell Clark wants us move to the hamil well the whole point of atmosphere and creating a strong home up for it power driven by volume of support and noise it's a no brainer for me .
We need to move with the times
HAMILS A Must still holding out on getting season ticket as want to be part of the noise in hamil ,enjoyed it more in that end than any game for many a year I like Noise
UTV

50 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Just let them have there season tickets in there then when the away followings come they will just have to mingle .
Even Darrell Clark wants us move to the hamil well the whole point of atmosphere and creating a strong home up for it power driven by volume of support and noise it's a no brainer for me .
We need to move with the times
HAMILS A Must still holding out on getting season ticket as want to be part of the noise in hamil ,enjoyed it more in that end than any game for many a year I like Noise
UTV

There is bound to be a transfer system for STs

Archived