onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

Advert

I'm Bycars season ticket and have been since the 80's . Would i move ?  absolutely.

Only thing i slightly disagree on re atmosphere is that it's been as flat as a witches t*t even when we've won games like Stevenage and Sutton.

That is because sometimes at Vale we need an opposition atmosphere to get us going. Oldham and Bristol i personally felt the atmosphere in the Bycars was fine.

Not just the big boys next season but i'd imagine Oxford, Charlton ,Plymouth as well as the big fish and local derbies will create a better atmosphere.

But i'd move at the drop of a hat. 

Also echo what Guitar said, winning football helps. Some of the most mind numbing nights are against opposition with 103 fans and you are freezing your taters off. 

I’m not sure the reason that they don’t want to upset a few hundred season ticket holders is correct if they were going knock it down and build a new stand they wouldn’t blink at moving them to another part of the ground I think it’s ridiculous to give the hamil to 150 away fans when we have to put up with the shocking facilities in the railway 

13 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I’m not sure the reason that they don’t want to upset a few hundred season ticket holders is correct if they were going knock it down and build a new stand they wouldn’t blink at moving them to another part of the ground I think it’s ridiculous to give the hamil to 150 away fans when we have to put up with the shocking facilities in the railway 

I remember when I first started going to Vale the Bycars was being renovated. You couldn't move in the family stand back then. 

I underestimated the views of ppl saying that they would move into the Hamil End. Perhaps the club should have a number of trial games, to monitor the popularity. Could be that there would be a major cost implication to put away fans into the Bycars, with extra stewards. Where would you park the away coaches.? At the moment the segregation of fans on leaving the ground works well with the minimum cost and effort. This is what will be used to make the decision. 

52 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I underestimated the views of ppl saying that they would move into the Hamil End. Perhaps the club should have a number of trial games, to monitor the popularity. Could be that there would be a major cost implication to put away fans into the Bycars, with extra stewards. Where would you park the away coaches.? At the moment the segregation of fans on leaving the ground works well with the minimum cost and effort. This is what will be used to make the decision. 

Maybe,apart from Bycars Ender complaints,the police have intervened PA and of course Dimensions.At this time the Synectics carpark seems the only reasonable solution for away coaches if there is to be a switch.It accommodated 50+ when we went to Wemberlee.I suppose some people have already bought STs for the Bycars aswell.

For years we haven't been a club that has a proper end. Most of our noisier fans have gravitated towards the Railway side of the ground.

If something can change that, then I think it would make a massive difference to us. For a mass migration to happen I think it would probably involve the Railway Stand being developed or condemned which would force people to find a new home behind one of the goals.

12 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Maybe,apart from Bycars Ender complaints,the police have intervened PA and of course Dimensions.At this time the Synectics carpark seems the only reasonable solution for away coaches if there is to be a switch.It accommodated 50+ when we went to Wemberlee.I suppose some people have already bought STs for the Bycars aswell.

I said that about STs already being bought.

It's good to have a discussion that people are debating about which end should house the home fans but it won't be an overnight fix. I think it's something that can be looked at during the season and next pre season...I just feel it's too soon to make huge changes to the ground plus it would be extra finance spent on off-field duties.

No one anticipated the success of the Hamil End. I sit in the Bycars but would move to the Hamil, especially if there are a large contingent of home fans...it creates a great atmosphere. 

We need to win half of our home games at least and half a dozen away to get to 50 points and ensure staying up. I really think giving Clarke a 5 year contract shows the owners are looking toward stability and further progress and it won't happen overnight

I think it was probably a bit late to change for this season given that season tickets have already been sold for the Bycars.

If I was Carol, I'd be making the call now for 23/24 season. Fans who disagree have got a season to get over themselves and everyone can enjoy the Hamil from then on.

Just email anyone that's bought an ST in the bycars saying you're being shifted to the hamil. If you don't like it have a refund. Done.

We should have the hamil. The bycars is a tragic. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.

Many people from other areas of the ground would move in a heartbeat to the hamil. It would give us a end and make the overall atmosphere at VP much better.

I can get why people don't want to move. Families have probably sat there for 70 years and there will be memories of departed ones. They've probably already bought their STs on the basis of it being in the Hamil.

I do think we're over-egging the potential for a home Hamil End to generate an atmosphere. Swindon was, as many have attested, the best night at VP for 20 years. The Hamil had a part to play in that but I imagine the atmosphere will be pretty similar to usual for standard home games, regardless of where the fans are sitting. People moved for that night as they could buy one-off tickets. Will that many move permanently from the Railway and Lorne Street? 

The motivation for moving to the Hamil should be a) providing better facilities for home fans and b) utilising the space around the club shop + Tommy's as a large fan-zone. 

We're probably going to get kicked out the Railway in 1-2 years as serious work needs doing. Maybe it'll happen then.

Fully in favour of a switch, though. Hope it happens down the line. Maybe a slightly discounted ST for ex-Bycars? Voucher for the club shop? Meet the players?

Fans do get attached to their seats.  Small communities develop.   If forced to move, I wouldn’t choose the Hamil.  I moved from the Railway to Bycars when it was redeveloped and sat there ever since.  Got to know a lot of people just from sitting together.  If forced to choose, I’d move back to the Railway as I’ve many friends in there who would also stay put.

Archived