onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

Advert

No sane person could evaluate that trial and come to the conclusion that sticking with the Bycars was the best solution. 

It's an embarrassment of a stand. 

Simply can't be true. No way a tiny number of people stuck in the dark ages could be allowed to hold the club back from improving the fan experience and overall atmosphere. Holding back the team as well. 

Very very strange.

Well the facilities in bycars can't be that bad then, no need to waste money in that stand.
People who object must be happy, with facilities on offer
Yeah, it must be great, that's why it's always packed.

If this is true it's absolutely criminal and a bit sick.

It wouldn't take many people to chain themselves to the Bycars turnstiles and entrance gates on the first day of the season to protest this.

There's got to be some way of forcing this through. I don't advocate beating up Bycars season ticket holders but there must be something we can do.

We need to get a bit of a working group going maybe?

8 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

No sane person could evaluate that trial and come to the conclusion that sticking with the Bycars was the best solution. 

It's an embarrassment of a stand. 

Simply can't be true. No way a tiny number of people stuck in the dark ages could be allowed to hold the club back from improving the fan experience and overall atmosphere. Holding back the team as well. 

Very very strange.

Yeah, if it is the case and its not just the ticket office giving out incorrect information (which I wouldn't rule out) it's disappointing to say the least.

We have just come off the back of a promotion and for the first time in a long time a genuine feel good factor around the club. Our neighbours are no longer in the Premier League and are basically just circling the drain in the Championship. We have not had a better opportunity than this in years and it would be foolish not to pull out all the stops to grow and develop the fanbase. Moving to the Hamil is a key part of that.

It's probably too short notice expecting folks to move from Bycars as fans are creatures of habit.

No one could have predicted the Hamils success. Why not ask Bycars to move for the bigger games(used to move Lorne Street/Hamil fans for Man City,Wolves) this season?

I reckon Sheff,Derby,Bolton, possibly Ipswich,Pompey,Charlton...will bring decent followings. The rest will be 1500 max and below.Accie,Fleetwood,Cheltenham,Cambridge,FGR,Exeter will bring hardly any. We don't know when the fixtures are against the opposition yet but if the Bycars move for 3-6 games and stay there the rest of the season...see how it goes. Then next season look to swop ends and cater for the Vale fans for 23 games a season.

We won't win 11 away games next season so we need to use all the advantages we can to win as many home games as possible.

1 minute ago, Guppys left peg said:

Yeah, if it is the case and its not just the ticket office giving out incorrect information (which I wouldn't rule out) it's disappointing to say the least.

We have just come off the back of a promotion and for the first time in a long time a genuine feel good factor around the club. Our neighbours are no longer in the Premier League and are basically just circling the drain in the Championship. We have not had a better opportunity than this in years and it would be foolish not to pull out all the stops to grow and develop the fanbase. Moving to the Hamil is a key part of that.

Really is a no brainer. Huge missed opportunity for the sake of a tiny number of dinosaurs that don't like a decent atmosphere at Vale Park. Such a shame if the club have bowed down to them.

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

It's probably too short notice expecting folks to move from Bycars as fans are creatures of habit.

No one could have predicted the Hamils success. Why not ask Bycars to move for the bigger games(used to move Lorne Street/Hamil fans for Man City,Wolves) this season?

I reckon Sheff,Derby,Bolton, possibly Ipswich,Pompey,Charlton...will bring decent followings. The rest will be 1500 max and below.Accie,Fleetwood,Cheltenham,Cambridge,FGR,Exeter will bring hardly any. We don't know when the fixtures are against the opposition yet but if the Bycars move for 3-6 games and stay there the rest of the season...see how it goes. Then next season look to swop ends and cater for the Vale fans for 23 games a season.

We won't win 11 away games next season so we need to use all the advantages we can to win as many home games as possible.

I think they’re using that just as an excuse 

11 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I'd kind of understand the short notice element to an extent, given some fans have already purchased STs there, but I think the club has to communicate with the fans soon and explain the rationale behind whatever decision they make. 

If they do stay with the Bycars this season, I'd expect them to say this is the last season. Give notice of our intention to switch the season after.

Still be disappointed not to capitalise on it's success and inevitable increase in home support first season after promotion. The Hamil End may just attract a few more, and hopefully keep them.

We already know what doing nothing looks like, and only a tiny number of people want that. Such a shame.

Personally I think it’s a big mistake if Vale don’t switch ends, and that’s from a long-standing Bycars Enders who has only today renewed. Like it or not the only way a club like ours will prosper is by growing by providing a better ‘experience’ whereby people spend money in addition to the match ticket. Most supporters I’m sure work hard during the week and have competing demands on both money and time at weekends and increasingly weekdays, so we need to give more excuses for people to want to come than to stay at home especially given the current economic situation. Clearly this opportunity exists with the fanzone, Cheadle’s and a generally better experience sitting in the Hamil. I think to say that we might miss out on an extra 1,000 Sheffield Wednesday fans and an extra 1,000 Derby fans is incredibly short-sighted and will not help us grow. Plus it cannot be debated that a packed Hamil drowns out any noise from elsewhere in the ground (regardless of what Swindon fans say) and does give the opponents a competitive advantage. Much as it pains me to say it, look at noise 1,500 Walsall fans made in there last season.

24 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I'd kind of understand the short notice element to an extent, given some fans have already purchased STs there, but I think the club has to communicate with the fans soon and explain the rationale behind whatever decision they make. 

If they do stay with the Bycars this season, I'd expect them to say this is the last season. Give notice of our intention to switch the season after.

Still be disappointed not to capitalise on it's success and inevitable increase in home support first season after promotion. The Hamil End may just attract a few more, and hopefully keep them.

We already know what doing nothing looks like, and only a tiny number of people want that. Such a shame.

I think the short notice thing is a nonsense personally. Surely if we can shift 17,000 Wembley tickets and arrange coaches for half that number in a week, then we should be able to reallocate what, perhaps 500 season tickets sold for Bycars within the next 8 weeks??

There we’re well over 3,000 people in the Hamil vs Swindon. These are not Bycars regulars.

No reason why it could not be done mid-season or next season when it has been fully planned and the necessary changes made. Bycars and Lorne St have been closed for considerable periods/years in the past to enable facilities to be improved

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think the short notice thing is a nonsense personally. Surely if we can shift 17,000 Wembley tickets and arrange coaches for half that number in a week, then we should be able to reallocate what, perhaps 500 season tickets sold for Bycars within the next 8 weeks??

There we’re well over 3,000 people in the Hamil vs Swindon. These are not Bycars regulars.

I agree

Archived