onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Hamil End

STUNG

Advert

I'm in the same boat. There were murmurs that the Hamil would become a permanent home end. I've not spent my £315 yet due to the uncertainty over where to sit. After experiencing the Hamil, I don't fancy sitting 200 metres away from the pitch in the Railway Stand, with the prospect of getting wet through at half time whilst queuing for my Bovril 

I've renewed my bycars but have no problem us having the Hamil. Only thing is personally I'd have to go in the ground to see where I want to sit. 

I'm sure Carol said until the concert is over stuff like this is on the back burner.

Hope I've not made that up but I swear I read something along that line. 

1 hour ago, bobbymanc said:

I'm in the same boat. There were murmurs that the Hamil would become a permanent home end. I've not spent my £315 yet due to the uncertainty over where to sit. After experiencing the Hamil, I don't fancy sitting 200 metres away from the pitch in the Railway Stand, with the prospect of getting wet through at half time whilst queuing for my Bovril 

Why not renew for the Bycars? Barely any different in terms of view to the Hamil, in fact better in my opinion, bogs on a par with Railway, so you’ll be used to that, and of course they sell Bovril in the tea bar, all under cover.

Whatever you choose there’s no point in delaying because if we end up swapping it’ll be simple enough.  Get your season ticket cash into the club sharpish. 👍🏻

Would love it if the Hamil was for home fans. Apart from Sheff Wed,Bolton and Derby,no one will bring over 4K away following. And they won't give us 4K either! 
Ipswich,Charlton, Plymouth,Bristol and Pompey will bring a few,then Shrewsbury and maybe Burton. That's 3 full houses,5 where there's a couple of thousand tops and a couple around 1K.
Give home fans the Hamil...it makes sense cos Bycars takes up to 3K ish...

Look after our fans for a season and numbers will go up. I'd rather have the facilities for 23 games all season than sit in the Bycars looking at Accie, Morecambe,FGR,MK,Cheltenham,Fleetwood bring 300 fans tops. Shove em in the Bycars with one toilet and one kiosk while the home fans are looked after all season

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Why not renew for the Bycars? Barely any different in terms of view to the Hamil, in fact better in my opinion, bogs on a par with Railway, so you’ll be used to that, and of course they sell Bovril in the tea bar, all under cover.

Whatever you choose there’s no point in delaying because if we end up swapping it’ll be simple enough.  Get your season ticket cash into the club sharpish. 👍🏻

I’ve had 2 season tickets for me and the boss in the railway stand but if they use the hamil for home fans I’m hoping I can change them free of charge 

39 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I think that if Vale do decide to change then they'll need to add facilities in the Bycars for beer sales, it'll be far more lucrative than it has been in previous seasons as there'll be far more away fans.  

Not so sure. Think we will average about 700 away fans next season but should easily get 2000 in the Hamil each game. Surely if that’s correct, we will sell more beer etc. to home fans than away.

I'm awaiting news on the hamil before getting mine ,do not mind the railway as most get behind the team in that end anyway but the hamil was special v Swindon the folk who went in there were magnificent in there backing of the club just imagine that backing 23 games a season be something out of this world .
Just my observation let's hope it's the case as hopefully be 3k more for every home game next season one hopes at a average of 7k got be the aim.
UTV

For me I just think we need to look after our own first and give our fans the best facilities so that means switch to the Hamil. More I think about it the arguments for the switch far outweigh the ones against. The Bycars would still give a decent capacity for the likes of Derby who will no doubt bring a lot. For every one of them though there’ll be a Morecambe who will bring about 150.

Can't imagine there will be any change to be honest maybe need another season to work out the logistics.

With Sheff Wed, Derby, Ipswich, Pompey, Bolton etc descending on Burslem possibly within a couple of months I think the idea may get parked.

Only my opinion.

9 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Can't imagine there will be any change to be honest maybe need another season to work out the logistics.

With Sheff Wed, Derby, Ipswich, Pompey, Bolton etc descending on Burslem possibly within a couple of months I think the idea may get parked.

Only my opinion.

Stick em in the Bycars. Sheff Wed offer 3700 away fans,2700 Derby,1900 Ipswich,1400 up to 2800 at Pompey.

Why cater on the off chance they bring 4K plus? They may be night games for all we know.

Look after our own fans and cater for our own for 23 games. Sod those who visit our ground once a season.

We've yet to find out if the police will allow us the Hamil for home fans tho after the Swindle issue...

17 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

I'm in the same boat - I really don't fancy going back to the back of the Railway Stand a million miles away from the pitch and knowing that anything that comes out of my mouth won't reach the pitch so has no impact.

But if you go to the back of the Hamil you won’t see for the scoreboard.  There is the obvious option, to go down into the Paddock nearer to the singers.

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

But if you go to the back of the Hamil you won’t see for the scoreboard.  There is the obvious option, to go down into the Paddock nearer to the singers.

Still miles away from the pitch. Focus still on goading the away fans rather than supporting the team. No covered concourse. 1950s toilets. 150 Morecambe fans able to make more noise than 6000 home fans. 

Genuinely think home fans in the Hamil would be worth a minimum of two extra home wins per season. Giving away fans the best facilities in the stadium makes zero sense to me. 

Hoping there was a 'Hamil Home End' clause in DC's new contract.

Archived