onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Most memorable moment.

geosname

After the ups and downs of the season, the play off drama and the elation of the final at Wembley I have to say my most memorable moment was seeing Carol dance at Wembley. 

After the crap she has been through before buying the club, during the purchase and afterwards..... Smurf, corona virus etc etc, the list is sizeable.... to see her enjoy a moment was heart warming.....

I don't know how she did it but I'm very happy she did and she deserved the little jig of excited contentment and I for one enjoyed the moment vicariously.

Advert

When Benning was stood there after the third goal had gone in.

That feeling, knowing it was done and nothing would be stopping us.

Going 2 nil up inside 24 mins was ealating but when that went in it was euphoria.  Almost an outer body experience! Absolutely amazing.

When I watched the game again, the emotion for DC really comes across in the closing stages.  Just can't put that sort of thing into words.

The final shots of the celebrations as the camera pans round and the commentator says something like "and port vale,  are there" all I could see then was carols jacket jigging away in the stand.

Unbelievable and I still haven't come down yet.

I wanted automatic promotion so badly to avoid going into the playoffs.

If you do make it though, it is the best way of going up.

Most memorable moment was the final whistle. 

It was actually real. 

I couldn't help thinking back to Bristol rovers away v 9 men when I had neck ache from constantly turning to look at the clock on the scoreboard. 

All felt surreal as Vale don't do comfortably so the final whistle was my best moment. 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Most memorable moment was the final whistle. 

It was actually real. 

I couldn't help thinking back to Bristol rovers away v 9 men when I had neck ache from constantly turning to look at the clock on the scoreboard. 

All felt surreal as Vale don't do comfortably so the final whistle was my best moment. 

Very much my feelings, particularly at halftime.

I was trying to calm the lads I was with down as we are absolutely used to that sort of stuff being too good to be true.

I'll confess though, as soon as that third went in my top was off.

We were done then and I knew it!

Block 244 Row 15 Seat 124 and 125.

We got in just as the 2nd goal went in.

We sat behind dantheman. 

Whoever this fella is in our photo at the bottom kept hugging us all the way through. No idea who he is but after the hassle of actually getting to see any of the game,we then end up next to this fella.

Atmosphere was fantastic

received_1188529031959575.thumb.jpeg.01450e3168bcd438e3f26bba76023d09.jpeg

Just before the whistle at kick off and looking to my left and seeing thousands of Vale fans with all the flags waving. It just looked so beautiful, so many of us, all united. Really welled up and none of my photos remotely do it justice.

Then there was Kian's goal. I proper lost it when he scored. All the <ovf censored>, all the horrible crap going on in the world, the terrible things that have been happening to people I work with and the state that the club has been in; that goal seemed to wipe it all out, almost saying 'see, good things do happen'. I think people round me were looking at me a little oddly as I was still screaming myself hoarse when Mansfield kicked off again. It sounds daft but i do think this club is now a force for good and to see something unequivocably good succeeding was so rare and joyous.

Then seeing Rudgie - possibly my favourite human being on the planet outside of my family (and even then he beats some of them) - in the background when Crosby and Clarke lifted the trophy. I told my wife it was the best day of my life apart from the birth of our children and our wedding day. I lied.

So many to choose from. 

I wasn't nervous before the game, that wasn't because I thought we'd win, I was just taking it all in with my daughter, savouring every second. Telling her it could be another 30 years, if ever, to experience this again.

I think the joy from the first and then the second goal will live with me forever. The second in particular, so soon after the first was when I first thought, we're going to do this.

After the sending off I actually felt more nervous. I couldn't shift that feeling until around the 80th minute when Mansfield fans started to quieten down and the nerves from all Vale fans started to turn to celebrations. Then when Benning scored, sheer relief, the icing on the cake that meant those last few minutes were completely nerves free. Don't think I saw much of the game from that point, was just celebrating.

Penny Arcade really got me after the game. I know it's a song we've started to sing as a tribute to Charlie Holland, who I never met, but I lost my father in March. I relate to how the family must feel hearing that song, knowing how much Charlie would have loved to have been there on Saturday. My Dad would have loved Saturday too. I don't know if he even liked the song 🤣, but I belt it out as loud as I can. It's such a happy tune that just gets you clapping and bouncing. We all need a bit of that after so many tough times recently.

I didn't want it to end, I keep watching videos reliving it as much as possible. An amazing day that will live long in the memory.

Archived