Jealous Stoke fans...

1 hour ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Just catching up on this, but honestly, I thought that the guy was reasonably balanced and gave the Vale credit.  I got the feeling that he just wanted a day out at Wembley (which he is unlikely to get following Stoke).  There's a lot worse than this guy following both Vale & Stoke, and fans of opposing teams showing mild disappointment when we win isn't really an issue for me  Also it was nice to see some footage of the 1st half goals from the Mansfield end. 

He was clearly gutted but in fairness as you say did say how good we were through gritted teeth! 

Advert:

Was expecting a right laugh at that kid's vlog, but he was (almost disappointingly) balanced. I'd imagine the video would've had a very different vibe if we'd lost, though!

Credit given – it's still pretty pathetic to spend your hard-earned cash just to try and see your rivals lose at the hands of a third-party. That said, I can't imagine he'll be going to Wembley with Stoke any time soon, unless they introduce relegation play-offs... 😉  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, headsup said:

Was expecting a right laugh at that kid's vlog, but he was (almost disappointingly) balanced. I'd imagine the video would've had a very different vibe if we'd lost, though!

Credit given – it's still pretty pathetic to spend your hard-earned cash just to try and see your rivals lose at the hands of a third-party. That said, I can't imagine he'll be going to Wembley with Stoke any time soon, unless they introduce relegation play-offs... 😉  

Relegation play-offs? Sounds like one of Arsene Wenger's bright ideas

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

They do it in the lower German leagues, I believe. Daft idea if you ask me.

• Like 1

Advert:

7 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Just catching up on this, but honestly, I thought that the guy was reasonably balanced and gave the Vale credit.  I got the feeling that he just wanted a day out at Wembley (which he is unlikely to get following Stoke).  There's a lot worse than this guy following both Vale & Stoke, and fans of opposing teams showing mild disappointment when we win isn't really an issue for me  Also it was nice to see some footage of the 1st half goals from the Mansfield end. 

Gritted teeth is a fair way of describing it. I’m not sure how reasonably balanced he would have been if we’d lost. 

He isn't following Vale and Lard as someone put.  Check all his vids he's a regular lardie going to a lot of games.

Make no bones about it he went to Wembley purely with the intention to gloat had Mansfield won.

I think it's hilarious that our lard friend spent his hard earned watching us spank them. Unlucky son, I should stick to booing O'Neill and watching Welsh prima donnas on 20 grand a week. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He isn't following Vale and Lard as someone put.  Check all his vids he's a regular lardie going to a lot of games.

Make no bones about it he went to Wembley purely with the intention to gloat had Mansfield won.

I think it's hilarious that our lard friend spent his hard earned watching us spank them. Unlucky son, I should stick to booing O'Neill and watching Welsh prima donnas on 20 grand a week. 

Is his name Lee Blakeman... wouldn't be surprised if it was😆😆

11 hours ago, Emile said:

Sure I read their stadium sale went through 1 month b4 the rules were changed.  Clever, got out of jail there 

4 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

They are worried about Vale 49 pages tells you so. 

For a team who mean nothing and are irrelevant to them they don't half go on about us lol. 

One good season away from us. 😜😜

Or 1 bad season?

• Like 3

Advert:

• 2 weeks later...

The Premier League clubs are being questioned on whether they would support a gradual phase out of betting advertising. This ahead of the Government being likely to act to ban betting advertising in sport. This causes issues for Bet 365 at Stoke. I have had an idea how they could continue. Have blank shirts which would remind people of would be there if it wasn't banned. I can't come up with anything better for them. 

On 31/05/2022 at 16:11, MickyG52. said:

Stoke are surprising only 13/2 for promotion to the Prem next season. I'll lay anybody that bet.

Vale 11/1 to make the Championship.

Vale @ 8/1 for a top six finish is a nice price.....😁💯

9 hours ago, Santa said:

For Stoke’s owners it’s a way of putting money in while getting around FFP.

Can’t do it again though. Stoke have a higher debt than any other Championship club, if Coates decides he’s had enough they are screwed.

On 20/06/2022 at 16:13, Aguar61 said:

It used to happen here where one team from the higher league played off with a team from the lower division. It ended after Chelsea lost to Middlesborough and didn`t take it well. Can you imagine if we played Stoke in such circumstances? Might be lively!

Advert:

On 05/07/2022 at 10:33, bycars rob said:

It used to happen here where one team from the higher league played off with a team from the lower division. It ended after Chelsea lost to Middlesborough and didn`t take it well. Can you imagine if we played Stoke in such circumstances? Might be lively!

That happens in all the divisions in Scotland. Bottom club relegated. Second bottom club goes into playoffs with the second, third and fourth finishers in the division below. It makes the leagues in Scotland exciting because there are fewer teams in each. Take League 1, 2021/22, 10 teams, with Cove Rangers promoted as Champions, Airdrie, Montrose and Queens Park reaching the promotion playoff but losing out to Kilmarnock from the Championship who avoided relegation, East Fife relegated as bottom and Dumbarton relegated in the playoffs with Edinburgh City coming up alongside League 2 Champions Kelty Hearts.