• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Next season's kit

19 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Given that Doncaster Rovers have recently hosted The Killers I'm sure we ought to look to maximise the potential once a summer .

As a regular gig goer it's a given that folk will pay 6 quid a pint and rip off food prices. Obviously last night was all for charity but moving forward it's something that the club might look at who knows .

As a regular festival goer I’ve never seen as extortionate prices as what was charged on Saturday, £5.70 for a small can of warm beer, £14 for a half bottle of <ovf censored> wine. And people were moaning about Wembley!

Advert:

13 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

As a regular festival goer I’ve never seen as extortionate prices as what was charged on Saturday, £5.70 for a small can of warm beer, £14 for a half bottle of <ovf censored> wine. And people were moaning about Wembley!

Ouch 😳

Posted (edited)

Apparently Speedy coming on Stuart George program on RS.  Should be interesting.

Edit:  Speedy seemed pretty relaxed.  Clean up company hired to tidy up.  Exposed area of the pitch now back to normal.  Covered stage area still to be cleared of sheeting etc and slight concern of lorries.  Normal scarifying, reseeding to commence thereafter.  Also mentioned lots of money spent on training pitches, pop up sprinklers.  Reiterated plans to upgrade pitch at some point but no timescale.

Edited by Guitar Ray

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

as we say in boslem, if theyt daft enough to pay it, what do you expect. festivals have always been rip offs i remember paying 23shillings to see bob dylan and around 20 others over 3 days on the iow. in1969. what a rip off!!!!!! 😁😄😉:drink:

Advert:

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apparently Speedy coming on Stuart George program on RS.  Should be interesting.

Edit:  Speedy seemed pretty relaxed.  Clean up company hired to tidy up.  Exposed area of the pitch now back to normal.  Covered stage area still to be cleared of sheeting etc and slight concern of lorries.  Normal scarifying, reseeding to commence thereafter.  Also mentioned lots of money spent on training pitches, pop up sprinklers.  Reiterated plans to upgrade pitch at some point but no timescale.

Pop up sprinklers?

Not the 2 converted white tankers on wheels? We are moving up on the world. Don't tell Garner we've forked out on sprinklers ..

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, andy jones said:

Don't think any football club in the world has ever launched a new home shirt at a live gig at the ground, performed by an internationally famous artist who is a fan of the club, with images of the venue in the shirt.

I can only assume the people making comments relating to the launch being low key weren't at the Harlequin shirt launch in the VP lounge by our so called 'Best ever sponsors' in the dark days of V2001.

Linking Robbie Williams wearing the shirt in a gig at the ground that's imaged on the shirt is quality Marketing of the very highest standard.

A new record for shirt sales is coming, methinks!

Absolutely brilliant Vale.

I may be wrong but when Robbie wore a Vale shirt in a segment of a Take That video filmed at Vale Park,Shirt sales went crazy globally

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Pop up sprinklers?

Not the 2 converted white tankers on wheels? We are moving up on the world. Don't tell Garner we've forked out on sprinklers ..

I took it to mean that but he could’ve meant the mobile sprinklers. He was referring to pitches and said the greater investment has been in the training ground.  It almost sounded like we’d installed pop up sprinklers in the training ground pitches.  Which doesn’t seem likely, or does it?  Anyone know?

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

Yeah new pop up sprinklers and drainage for the training pitches

It would be a bit daft to install them on the existing Vale Park pitch when it surely must be replaced before long.

5 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I took it to mean that but he could’ve meant the mobile sprinklers. He was referring to pitches and said the greater investment has been in the training ground.  It almost sounded like we’d installed pop up sprinklers in the training ground pitches.  Which doesn’t seem likely, or does it?  Anyone know?

I would say very likely having seen a pipe in a newly dug trench leading to the training ground at the weekend 

Advert:

15 hours ago, bertiepee said:

I would say very likely having seen a pipe in a newly dug trench leading to the training ground at the weekend 

I’ve just seen a pipe in a trench up my road, does that mean they’re fitting sprinklers for the grass verge? 🤔

Seriously though, it would seem to confirm what Speedy said.👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’ve just seen a pipe in a trench up my road, does that mean they’re fitting sprinklers for the grass verge? 🤔

Seriously though, it would seem to confirm what Speedy said.👍🏻

It would depend on the colour, black electric, yellow gas, purple broadband, blue water.

2 hours ago, rsb said:

It would depend on the colour, black electric, yellow gas, purple broadband, blue water.

Good point, I’ll go back and check.  Maybe not sprinklers, could be they’re putting undersoil heating in. 👍🏻