onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next season's kit

LoveRapt

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Bet this went down well with the groundstaff 👀

https://scontent-man2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/286358158_2314718915345181_4457610447380577105_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=nNbQ6SPPzMYAX-SG0Ny&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-A6EcMmvRqmmu2YZjrwnVLTNFZERTuvG5krAYrG0ViaQ&oe=62A1698B

What a state.  Hardly surprising with the amount of booze that was being supped.  Whoever took the profits from the booze would’ve made a small fortune.  Hopefully the charities were the beneficiaries.

Advert

12 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Speedy’s over the moon, I’m surprised they didn’t cover the pitch.

They have big hoovers to pick it all up. Won't take long. Then I assume that Speedy will be churning the pitch up and reseeding it anyway in the next few days/weeks.

Would be lovely to think that we didn't care about the state of the pitch because we're getting a new one layed, but I'm not sure we can stretch to that.

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Doubt we'd physically even be able to. Quite a long lead time for new pitches I think. Maybe next summer all being well, as such an old clay surface can't help with our injury record?

How many got injured at home? 
Brad walker was at Hartlepool and was gibbo away aswell? 

9 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

How many got injured at home? 
Brad walker was at Hartlepool and was gibbo away aswell? 

Yes Gibbo was at Orient.

Wilson, Proctor, there'll be a few. 23 games on such a heavy pitch will cause long term problems, it's not just a case of lads having to be taken off for an acute injury during a home game, it'll also be the cumulative effect of being on that surface every other week. Hard to get concrete detail because DC gives so little detail about injuries away, no one could reliably predict what the team would be for a lot of this season until the teamsheets were published at 2/7pm.

I remember reading this season that someone at the club, possibly Carol quoting one of the players or DC, said that the training pitches are actually preferred by the players to the real one.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Yes Gibbo was at Orient.

Wilson, Proctor, there'll be a few. 23 games on such a heavy pitch will cause long term problems, it's not just a case of lads having to be taken off for an acute injury during a home game, it'll also be the cumulative effect of being on that surface every other week. Hard to get concrete detail because DC gives so little detail about injuries away, no one could reliably predict what the team would be for a lot of this season until the teamsheets were published at 2/7pm.

Yes, was just about to post along those lines, you put it better than I would of.

3 hours ago, gavcradd said:

They have big hoovers to pick it all up. Won't take long. Then I assume that Speedy will be churning the pitch up and reseeding it anyway in the next few days/weeks.

Would be lovely to think that we didn't care about the state of the pitch because we're getting a new one layed, but I'm not sure we can stretch to that.

Someone told my daughters last night exactly that. I've not heard anything about that at all, maybe just rumours 

We’ve moved off topic, but in the context of the comments above, Carol just been on RS and said she’d be happy to have other concerts at VP, in fact they were looking at this on a smaller scale prior to being contacted by RW management.  She also said she wouldn’t be against a repeat, although it would have to be right logistically, fitting in around the football.  One other interesting comment was that there are a couple of other potential projects with RW in the pipeline and even if these don’t happen he’s on board now and wants to be involved and help the club.

Edit: Forgot to post that Lee Blakeman maybe missed a trick not asking her about the state of the pitch after the gig and if Speedy and crew will need to put in a bit of overtime.

19 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Given that Doncaster Rovers have recently hosted The Killers I'm sure we ought to look to maximise the potential once a summer .

As a regular gig goer it's a given that folk will pay 6 quid a pint and rip off food prices. Obviously last night was all for charity but moving forward it's something that the club might look at who knows .

As a regular festival goer I’ve never seen as extortionate prices as what was charged on Saturday, £5.70 for a small can of warm beer, £14 for a half bottle of <ovf censored> wine. And people were moaning about Wembley!

13 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

As a regular festival goer I’ve never seen as extortionate prices as what was charged on Saturday, £5.70 for a small can of warm beer, £14 for a half bottle of <ovf censored> wine. And people were moaning about Wembley!

Ouch 😳

Apparently Speedy coming on Stuart George program on RS.  Should be interesting.

Edit:  Speedy seemed pretty relaxed.  Clean up company hired to tidy up.  Exposed area of the pitch now back to normal.  Covered stage area still to be cleared of sheeting etc and slight concern of lorries.  Normal scarifying, reseeding to commence thereafter.  Also mentioned lots of money spent on training pitches, pop up sprinklers.  Reiterated plans to upgrade pitch at some point but no timescale.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

as we say in boslem, if theyt daft enough to pay it, what do you expect. festivals have always been rip offs i remember paying 23shillings to see bob dylan and around 20 others over 3 days on the iow. in1969. what a rip off!!!!!! 😁😄😉:drink:

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apparently Speedy coming on Stuart George program on RS.  Should be interesting.

Edit:  Speedy seemed pretty relaxed.  Clean up company hired to tidy up.  Exposed area of the pitch now back to normal.  Covered stage area still to be cleared of sheeting etc and slight concern of lorries.  Normal scarifying, reseeding to commence thereafter.  Also mentioned lots of money spent on training pitches, pop up sprinklers.  Reiterated plans to upgrade pitch at some point but no timescale.

Pop up sprinklers?

Not the 2 converted white tankers on wheels? We are moving up on the world. Don't tell Garner we've forked out on sprinklers ..

Archived