onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations!!

Phil1965

Your resident Crewe fan here, congratulations on your promotion. The game was over once Mansfield went down to 10 men. You can have our place in League 1, and we will take your place in League 2. How many fans did Vale take to the play off?

Advert

Thank you @Phil1965 for your kind words. It's always nice to welcome sensible and well-meaning fans of our rivals on here and I for one, appreciate you taking the time to send your congratulations. 

I think the last confirmed ticket sales number pre-match was 17,000 Vale fans.

3 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

Your resident Crewe fan here, congratulations on your promotion. The game was over once Mansfield went down to 10 men. You can have our place in League 1, and we will take your place in League 2. How many fans did Vale take to the play off?

Not entirely sure. The final update from both clubs was around 17,000 each but the overall attendance was 37,000. Not bad for two League Two teams.

Are Crewe dropping out of the league next year or making a fight of it?

36 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

Who knows what will happen next season. We need to make some decent signings otherwise we could struggle. I think you will hold your own in League 1. I would love to see Stoke relegated!!

Thanks for the kind words!

Realistically I think there's enough teams we ought to be competing with in League One on size of club(obviously it won't totally pan out like that) but the likes of Derby, Sheffield, Ipswich, Portsmouth and one or two others anything we take will be a bonus.  The Shrewsbury's and Burton's(our 2 closest games) plus those that went up with us amongst others are where we need to get the points.  We showed we could compete with Accy and Burton in the FA Cup this season so with a few decent additions I'd hope mid-table could be achievable but I'd take staying up first and foremost😁

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

Early odds out have us to finish around 16th next season.....

Far too early to be looking at bookies odds unless you want some value.  Very little player movement and squads nowhere near complete make it impossible to call.  Theoretically we could add 6-7 nailed on starters before the season starts.  (Fingers crossed on that one). If someone offered me 16th right now I’d be happy, but in reality we’d all like to finish higher than that.

As I understood it, we sold slightly more ticket than Mansfield, meaning that the final split was probably around 19000 to 18000. I've not seen any official confirmation of this anywhere though. Only that the overall attendance was 37,303.

I'm not sure why there seems to be an absence of information of the actual final number of tickets sold for both teams individually. 

Far too early to be looking at bookies odds unless you want some value.  Very little player movement and squads nowhere near complete make it impossible to call.  Theoretically we could add 6-7 nailed on starters before the season starts.  (Fingers crossed on that one). If someone offered me 16th right now I’d be happy, but in reality we’d all like to finish higher than that.
Out of interest, which of our current 7 starters are you replacing?

2 hours ago, valiant steve said:

As I understood it, we sold slightly more ticket than Mansfield, meaning that the final split was probably around 19000 to 18000. I've not seen any official confirmation of this anywhere though. Only that the overall attendance was 37,303.

I'm not sure why there seems to be an absence of information of the actual final number of tickets sold for both teams individually. 

There would have been a fair number of neutrals there.

For instance, Barry Fry was there and if he took all of the strikers he ever signed that would account for about 3000!

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
21 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Out of interest, which of our current 7 starters are you replacing?

I’m not replacing any.  I have no influence as to who we bring in or release.

To be clear, theoretically those involved in recruitment could add 6 - 7 nailed on starters, they could add more, they could add less.  Time will tell on that score.

4 hours ago, valiant steve said:

I thought exactly the same. Looked as though there was more of us in total especially in the 2nd tier. Lower tier about even. 37k in total on the day, night before both clubs said 16,500, so 33k. No way there was 4k neutrals, so reckon it was somewhere around 18k Vale, 17k Mansfield with 2k max neutral.

Archived