onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Admiration for Mansfield Town fans

Stags fan here. Thanks for your comments. Got a lot of respect for Vale, your ex-Stags players and of course DC. He'll manage us one day, but enjoy him for now! 

You completely deserved your win and o wish you nothing but good luck in League 1. UTS! UTV!

Advert

4 hours ago, Richie D. said:

Us older ones know how they are feeling now and it’s horrible. They are a great club and fans. I will be hoping for a Mansfield promotion next year and I think under Clough they will get it.

We can empathise, we can honestly say we know how it feels.  I’m not one for back slapping but the mark of respect paid to our manager was a fantastic gesture.  Also, great backing for their team that spell second half, something we could learn from.

Mansfield Town and their support were absolutely brilliant. I really hope that they get promoted next season, with two great teams in the final it’s disappointing that there’s only one winner. Benning brilliant not celebrating when he scored. Even at 2-0 down with ten men they certainly kept bringing the game to us and their fans support absolutely brilliant. At 83 mins all around me were standing up and chanting, The Vale are going up, I didn’t join in until we’d netted the third. Both sets of fans brilliant and made the event memorable. COYW,

Next season, I’ll be following their results. UP THE STAGS

Stags fan in peace, best team won yesterday, no complaints. Your fans were a credit to you, I spoke with a few of you around the ground and you’re a club from an area like us, working class, proper fans. But I knew that anyway, I’ve been a Stags season ticket holder for almost 40 years and fondly recall the ding dongs we’ve had with you, especially in the 80’s when you had Earle, Walker, Andy Jones etc. 

Gutted of course, but delighted for Clarkey and Mal.

All the best next season, lads. 

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Mansfield Town demonstrated to our friends from Wiltshire that it doesn't matter how many fans you have if your team is pants and you attitude despicable.  Long live Mansfield and a plague on Swindon.

Add their soon to be departed manager,departed ex captain,carthorse CB,spitty diving ex player and Welsh footies answer to Tom Daley and they get what they deserve.

I'll be hoping Mansfield get up next season and Swindle disappear into an abyss. Them and their horrible arrogant fans deserve it,then they can brag about being the biggest club in non league

3 hours ago, robf said:

Yeah, but classy Mansfield are rubbish at having a cheap pop at us before every important match.

Swindon players have done such a great job at inspiring the Vale team and getting us through the play-offs... 

Spot on Rob. Karma...

I've got a great amount of respect for Mansfield Town FC and their fans after yesterday. I wish them all the best next season. 

If I'm able to (if Vale aren't playing) I might go and support them when they play their home game with Scummy Swindon. 

As for STFC, I expect you to finish in the bottom two next season. What a horrible, vile little club you are! 

UTV! 😄

Stags fan here.  Good things happen to good people.   When you turned us over at your place in March, your staff couldn't do enough for us, we'd lost our tickets and the lady behind the window couldn't have been more helpful if I was her own son, the steward at the turnstile came across to the window and took it upon himself to ensure that we got in, at half time we saw one of your stewards playing football with a balloon with one of our young fans.  We actually looked at each other at this point and said that it was a nice club and wrote to the club then to tell them that they were good people.

That culture doesn't happen by accident, it's by design and comes from the top.  Your owners are clearly good people, and David Flitcroft is a good person - when David Flitcroft was our manager a lot of us felt re-engaged with our club in a way that we hadn't in years - and I can see that you have with your club a similar thing to what we had with him - and fortunately we still have.  We all know about our links with Darrell, who is one of our own, and Sir Mal, who, somehow, is even more revered now despite scoring against us, in a play off final, at Wembley. 

We had a lot of fun with your fans yesterday, I was ambushed on the train down by a family of 9 (hi Andy and Sarah) and we shared beers, jokes, songs, piss taking, and we swapped numbers to meet again at some point in the future.  It was everything lower league football should be (apart from the result)

I hope you do well next year, and look forward to crossing paths soon.  

Contrast this with some Swindon fans.  Received a text from my brother who is a Stoke fan who was watching the game in Benidorm, the day before he'd met some Swindon fans in a bar and they were still bleating about the loss to Vale.

Hope they go up next year and absolutely batter Swindon twice. If they end up playing Swindon in the playoff final we can run some buses and go and support them against the filth. Dirty thickos are Swindon.

A few years ago I was fortunate to be invited to enjoy match day hospitality at Stags for a game against Vale. I was unfortunate enough to be sat for the pre-match dinner with Norman Smurthwaite. He was an obnoxious man with zero charm or redeeming qualities and openly spoke badly about the Vale fans, claiming they were spoilt and asking for more than they deserved.

I later read about the fans perspective on him and wasn't surprised to hear how he was thought of. I decided to make a first away trip to Vale Park and witnessed protests in the home stands. I also visited the Leopard pub, where I know (from family history) that my 2x great-granddad drank in the 19th century. Anyway, the whole series of events gave me a bit of a soft spot for Vale - even more so when DC joined you and then Sir Mal, my favourite Stags player of the last 5 years.

I'm sent him a congratulatory message today and got a thank you back. He's a class act. Hope you do well and even push on through to the Championship for a nice local derby with Stoke. 

13 hours ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

MANSFIELD TOWN fans deserve full credit for showing huge respect to Daryl Clarke yesterday at Wembley. When they started the round of applause relating to Daryl Clarke. Football fans from whatever club regularly receive bad publicity. But a fantastic gesture such as what Mansfield Town fans started was first class. Good luck to Mansfield Town and their supporters for a successful promotion campaign next season.

edit: robf - tweak to post headline

Totally agree - we spoke to a few before and after. I hope they do well...they are a class act and it may have been a different outcome if they had put away their chances before we did?

10 hours ago, Staggo said:

Stags fan here. Thanks for your comments. Got a lot of respect for Vale, your ex-Stags players and of course DC. He'll manage us one day, but enjoy him for now! 

You completely deserved your win and o wish you nothing but good luck in League 1. UTS! UTV!

Awesome! Thank you Staggo - your fans were brilliant! Good luck for next season - hope you beat Swinedon in the playoff final!

Archived