• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Admiration for Mansfield Town fans

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Agreed. Everyone I spoke to before the game was sound, they were fantastic second half and clough magnanimous in defeat hopefully they make it next season. And then you add in the 8th minute applause, seem a real class set of fans  

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 8

Thought their fans were an absolute credit yesterday.

Class act of support for DC and even at 2-0 and a man down they got behind their team, only departing en masse after the Benning goal.

I hope they go on to have a good crack at the top 3 next season.

• Like 8

Advert:

• robf changed the title to Admiration for Mansfield Town fans

Us older ones know how they are feeling now and it’s horrible. They are a great club and fans. I will be hoping for a Mansfield promotion next year and I think under Clough they will get it.

• Like 7

There fans were amazing down to 10 men taking the roof of the place .
I thought they were a excellent set of fans didn't see any trouble whatsoever .
Very gracious hope they go up next year

• Like 5

This is so easy,the class shown by that club following defeat and the class for their reception of DC will mean the majority of Vale fans will want them to succeed next season,now compare that to Swindon and their reaction to defeat from management,players and fans will mean most Vale fans will want to see them in a relegation battle next season..well done Mansfield and here is to you joining us after next season

• Like 9

I echo all of the above posts. The noise they made even at 2 nil down was fantastic.

I couldn't help but shake the hand of a Mansfield fan taking photos outside with his family. Wished him all the best and said they'd be up there next season. He wished all the best in League 1 next season.

A credit to the club. A fantastic day

• Like 7

Advert:

Sat on the tube back to Waterloo from Wembley Park with quite a few Mansfield fans. 

Although feeling down they were quite chatty.

Goalkeepers being the main topic, they thought Bishop had been poor for them while they felt Stone got lucky for us and still don.t rate him.

Whilst dissapointed  with there own performance praised the Vale and wished us well.

As an aside i was impressed with the  noise they made 3/4 way through the game when the drumming and singing must have gone on for 15 mins non stop to try and spur them on.

Enjoyable day out ,quite impressed by Wembley Stadium facilities if not prices

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Mansfield Town demonstrated to our friends from Wiltshire that it doesn't matter how many fans you have if your team is pants and you attitude despicable.  Long live Mansfield and a plague on Swindon.

Yeah, but classy Mansfield are rubbish at having a cheap pop at us before every important match.

Swindon players have done such a great job at inspiring the Vale team and getting us through the play-offs... 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, robf said:

Yeah, but classy Mansfield are rubbish at having a cheap pop at us before every important match.

Swindon players have done such a great job at inspiring the Vale team and getting us through the play-offs... 

Screenshot_20220529-144439_Chrome.jpg

Advert:

4 hours ago, Richie D. said:

Us older ones know how they are feeling now and it’s horrible. They are a great club and fans. I will be hoping for a Mansfield promotion next year and I think under Clough they will get it.

We can empathise, we can honestly say we know how it feels.  I’m not one for back slapping but the mark of respect paid to our manager was a fantastic gesture.  Also, great backing for their team that spell second half, something we could learn from.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mansfield Town and their support were absolutely brilliant. I really hope that they get promoted next season, with two great teams in the final it’s disappointing that there’s only one winner. Benning brilliant not celebrating when he scored. Even at 2-0 down with ten men they certainly kept bringing the game to us and their fans support absolutely brilliant. At 83 mins all around me were standing up and chanting, The Vale are going up, I didn’t join in until we’d netted the third. Both sets of fans brilliant and made the event memorable. COYW,

Next season, I’ll be following their results. UP THE STAGS

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 3