Darrell's here to stay!

Great news, I hope Andy Crosby and the other back room staff get contract extensions as well. The way they have held everything together in DC’s absence is nothing short of remarkable. 

Also, it’s essential that we now get players like Smith, Gibbons and Wilson tied down to long term contracts. 

• Like 3

Advert:

From the outside this will look a huge gamble, 5 year deals are virtually unheard of at this level and the kind the likes of Pep and Juergen Klopp get.

On the inside it’s a good deal for me, we’ve craved stability, after Rudge and Horton did nearly 20 years between them bar the Micky Adams spell (and even that was punctured) we’ve not had that stability.

If we don’t go up I have full faith he would have us challenging again next season and if we do I have faith we’d support them even if we find it tough going.

He is a born winner and there can be no doubt of that. The Clarke Era is now in full swine and hopefully this season is just the start of an exciting journey.

• Like 3

I can understand the reservations. If it all goes belly up next year we are stuck with a 4 1/2 year pay out.

I think he's the man to take us where we want to go though, firmly on board with keeping him for as long as we can.
Why can't we buck the trend and actually stick with a manager if all doesn't go to plan for a season?
  • Like 3

Wow, that is some commitment by both parties.

Have to admit that this season has been a monumental improvement to our recent past. 

Just hope we can continue to progress at a similar level in the future .we are in good hands now from top to bottom compared to what has gone  before.

I just hope the owners get what they deserve on Saturday with a win that the supporters have been waiting for since the Rudgie era.

3rd time lucky for me after WBA & Genoa,

Area 237,row3 booked and printed,tickets now in possession,

Train tickets to Waterloo booked......Tube to Wembley Park....Get in there you Vale

• Like 1

Why can't we buck the trend and actually stick with a manager if all doesn't go to plan for a season?
I hope we do. Biggest thing we've got right is recruitment, if we continue to get it right DC will 100% get them performing on the pitch I've got no doubt.
  • Like 2

Advert:

Why because football doesn't work that way anymore unfortunately
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:
16 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Nothing to stop the Vale bucking the trend by doing something different for a L1/L2 club, especially if our ambition is higher.

14 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:
24 minutes ago, philmpv said:

You mean society doesn't work that way anymore unfortunately?

I just hope we don’t have to pay it up at any point. After all, history shows, no matter how good a manager is, a bad run can only be addressed by letting go. 

Although having said that, depending on wages it may be worth a gamble. 

Advert:

Brilliant news, hope this is just the start of a proper 5 year business plan !

Great to have proper owners and a club to be proud of. 

Made my day.😁😁

Unbelievable commitment shown by Carol and Kevin. I’m really pleased DC has committed to us as well. Sometimes people just fit and he certainly does with the club and area with his hard work and passion.

To be honest I think 5 years is a bit of a stretch and I would have gone 3 but I like the thinking about solid foundations.

As a few others have posted we need to tie AC down as well. Clearly working together they are a very good 1-2 punch. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Absolutely fantastic news for me. Love this man! Seems he bits together all aspects of the club and shows great leadership and drive.

His humour has started to be injected into conversations and he has a great sense of perspective.

Would love to have an in depth discussion with him to delve into his inner thoughts.

Maybe I'll invite down for a Devon cream tea!

VTID

If you do,  make sure you do it right with the jam first  ,  

Edited by Loggerheads Sage
Spelling error

2 hours ago, mattpvfc said:
2 hours ago, philmpv said:

But there is no inherent reason why it can't? And long-term stability has helped most of the bigger clubs to succeed, which is adequately proven by ManUre's record since Fergie packed in - and Everton, really, since Moyes left; and Chelsea where you can win a trophy and still get the sack! Watford get what they deserve by not having stability. I'll admit, many of these decisions are made by panicky boards / owners...which is another reason why it might work for us? Let's give it a chance, shall we, instead of pissing on chips from the off?

• Like 2

Advert:

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I just hope we don’t have to pay it up at any point. After all, history shows, no matter how good a manager is, a bad run can only be addressed by letting go. 

Although having said that, depending on wages it may be worth a gamble. 

You won't have to pay it up, at any point! Decision made by those who might have to, so that's their choice!