onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell's here to stay!

Walka003

Advert

Unbelievable commitment shown by Carol and Kevin. I’m really pleased DC has committed to us as well. Sometimes people just fit and he certainly does with the club and area with his hard work and passion.

To be honest I think 5 years is a bit of a stretch and I would have gone 3 but I like the thinking about solid foundations.

As a few others have posted we need to tie AC down as well. Clearly working together they are a very good 1-2 punch. 

4 hours ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Absolutely fantastic news for me. Love this man! Seems he bits together all aspects of the club and shows great leadership and drive.

His humour has started to be injected into conversations and he has a great sense of perspective.

Would love to have an in depth discussion with him to delve into his inner thoughts.

Maybe I'll invite down for a Devon cream tea!

VTID

If you do,  make sure you do it right with the jam first  ,  

2 hours ago, mattpvfc said:
2 hours ago, philmpv said:
Why can't we buck the trend and actually stick with a manager if all doesn't go to plan for a season?

Why because football doesn't work that way anymore unfortunately

But there is no inherent reason why it can't? And long-term stability has helped most of the bigger clubs to succeed, which is adequately proven by ManUre's record since Fergie packed in - and Everton, really, since Moyes left; and Chelsea where you can win a trophy and still get the sack! Watford get what they deserve by not having stability. I'll admit, many of these decisions are made by panicky boards / owners...which is another reason why it might work for us? Let's give it a chance, shall we, instead of pissing on chips from the off?

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I just hope we don’t have to pay it up at any point. After all, history shows, no matter how good a manager is, a bad run can only be addressed by letting go. 

Although having said that, depending on wages it may be worth a gamble. 

You won't have to pay it up, at any point! Decision made by those who might have to, so that's their choice!

Bit surprised by the news. I like DC and he’s done a good job for us (in very difficult circumstances) but I also agree that fortunes can turn very quickly and some times a parting of the ways is necessary, even to stop things going stale. 

That doesn’t make the outgoing  manager a bad one, you only have to look at Askey or the numerous post-SAF Man Utd managers for evidence of that. And yes I would love it if DC became our SAF (or JR).

At the end of the day C&K are pretty astute business people with the Clubs best interests at heart, have now been in football (and ownership) long enough to understand what goes on so you trust their judgement. 

Great news that he’s commited to the club. Sends out a message that we mean business and have a settled back room to potential new players. It’s also great timing being so close to the final too. For those wondering what will happen if things go wrong, theres nothing to say that there isn’t a clause within his contract to say he only gets a pay up of a certain amount or length of time rather than the full amount. I remember Sam Allardyce saying similar about his contracts in an interview. 

Archived