• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Harlequin properties

robf

Advert:

14 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Sums up a few of the many things 'swirling around' during the Bill Bratt era. Not one of the best periods in PV's long history!

Worryingly though, probably better than the one that followed. 

14 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Worryingly though, probably better than the one that followed. 

Yep, that whole period wasn't one of the most glorious in the history of Port Vale.

• 2 months later...
Advert:

2 hours ago, Santa said:

So yeah. They were all a bunch of crooks and it was a Ponzi scheme all along.

Fair play to @Timothius and one or two others on here for smelling BS fairly early on.

It wasn't hard to spot to be fair, the bloke exuded BS. Within 2 minutes of listening to him I knew he was a liar and thought summat isn't right here!

• Like 2

I attended the meeting in the Valiants Suite during which Ames spent half an hour filling the room with utter BS.

Ames son Matthew, was found guilty of setting up another ponzi scheme and was sentenced to 40 months in prison in 2014. What a lovely family. And it tells us everything we need to know about the moral compass of a number of V2001 directors. 

• Like 1

Advert:

26 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

That will be Forest Green Rovers

Good point. Depends on your view of ethical. 

I'm referring to the treatment of people and ethics of conducting business. I don't know how FGR conduct their business.

• Like 3

On 05/08/2022 at 08:28, Jacko51 said:

I attended the meeting in the Valiants Suite during which Ames spent half an hour filling the room with utter BS.

Ames son Matthew, was found guilty of setting up another ponzi scheme and was sentenced to 40 months in prison in 2014. What a lovely family. And it tells us everything we need to know about the moral compass of a number of V2001 directors. 

Only half an hour? It seemed much longer to me 🙂

The sentence he repeatedly used was "what you need to understand", that sort of smacked of "I'm going to feed you some more bulls*** but what you need to understand is"!

Complete and utter scumbag.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

After this and everything else that our club has gone through, anyone who has the temerity to criticise anything that Carol and her trusted team does, in relation to Port Vale, they should be strung from the top of the tallest floodlights. 

Looking back, it's a miracle that we still have a club, let alone the one that we have now.

P.s.  Have we started that statue and new stand for her yet?😀

Edited by Old fort