• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

An OVF milestone

Anyone looking at the bottom of the forum homepage may have noticed that we've now reached one million posts.

This site was build around 1995 initially purely as a hobby site. The forum came along a couple of years later so I guess we've had plenty to talk about over the years...

• Regimes - the end of the Bell era, administration, V2001, MOLD, administration again, Wildes/Smurthwaite, Smurthwaite, the Shanahans
  • Matches - the LDV Vans Trophy final, Spurs away, Burton 7-0, Man City away and now a trip to Wembley
  • Managers - Rudgie, Horton, Foyle, Sinnott, Glover, Adams x 2, Gannon, Page, Ribeiro, Brown, Aspin, Askey, Clarke...
  • Controversies - far too many to mention but the V2001 EGM, busgate and nil-paid shares fiasco to name but three...

And we're still here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and a tip of the hat to those sadly no longer with us.

If only there was a big game at a massive stadium where Vale could celebrate this OVF achievement with a win... :whistling:

• Like 7

Advert:

Yes some great diversity across various topics.  As an example, in the most recent times we appear to have branched out into a show of affection for a certain farmyard animal.

One other point, wasn’t Regimes better known as a ‘90’s nightclub, up ‘anley duck?

• Like 1

In the words of Billy Joel (probably not his only appearance in the last million!!) 😉

Don't go changing to try and please me
You never let me down before, mmm
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far, mmm
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are
  • Like 1