Wembley Colours

Advert:

Im not sure about this, maybe tomorrow? I wanted to say it would look brilliant if we could all wear a vale top for saturday. The ten who are coming with me will all be wearing a vale top of some sort. Will anyone else be wearing a vale top?

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Going go for the 98 lee mills against stoke Tunstall Assurance home shirt. Wife promotion season shirt and daughter this seasons home. Come on Vale. Sort my Dad out with a top now and were ready.

Edited by sandyford_valiant
  • Like 2

Expect us to wear the home kit, had we played Northampton our white shorts would have clashed so may have wore the gold kit (or the black shorts with our home top) but Mansfield wear gold so unless we go for thinking black is more lucky I would assume we’d wear our traditional colours for this.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Would imagine Vale will be in white given that during both games this season we and Mansfield have worn our respective home colours without any sort of clash.

This.

We can't wear gold anyway, and I can't imagine we'd want to wear black because it will be warm enough at pitch level.

In the semi final both us and Swindon changed because of a shorts clash. These are allowed at the referee's discretion whereas for shirts and socks you have to change. Also, the EFL rules state you must choose one of your nominated kits. I would have liked to have seen us mix up the white shirts from the home kit with the black shorts from the third kit at some point but the rules say you can only mix it up if all of your nominated kits clash with the home team.

We've barely used the gold away kit since the turn of the year. Generally we've preferred the black third kit where we've been able to.

Edited by Santa

Though it’s >25 years since I last went Wembley with the Vale (A-I cup)I think this time the result rather than the occasion is more important so it’s  Lucky Pants syndrome for me at the moment.  Do I go for Thursday night’s ensemble (no Vale top but Vale jacket) right down to my lucky pants or go for the retro shirt worn for the Oldham game (actually the Autoglass final/93-94 promotion season top so triple whammy lucky).  Of course could go with a complete clean slate adding further to the Vale’s coffers and purchase a new home top (already have the black and gold 2nd/3rd choices).   Decisions, decisions🤔.

Advert: