onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wembley attendance thread

robf

Maybe they think we're a stupid lot who will accept what they're given. I live in Shropshire. I've booked my return train journey but I won't purchase a match ticket until we are given the choice we would expect, which we obviously need to complain to get.
You have to hope it'll get sorted tomorrow early doors. I would say we could end up with the ludicrous situation of a sell out with thousands of empty seats but it wouldn't be the first time this month.

Advert

I’d imagine allocation (initial) is based on clubs request so they’ve probably said to Vale how many do you think you’d need and we’ve said 25000 which is a fair estimate. Mansfield obviously said 30000.

If we need more we can request but imagine neither will sell more than 25000 in the end.

Looks like both clubs sales are tracking roughly the same.

I’d imagine allocation (initial) is based on clubs request so they’ve probably said to Vale how many do you think you’d need and we’ve said 25000 which is a fair estimate. Mansfield obviously said 30000.

If we need more we can request but imagine neither will sell more than 25000 in the end.

Looks like both clubs sales are tracking roughly the same.
Yeah probably. The strategy in terms of which blocks are available to buy and when have been completely different between the two clubs as well.

It's clearly not down to Vale. Others have seen Mansfield fans on their forum saying exactly the same thing so it's not a case they're doing things better than Vale.

Calm down. No one needs to panic, no one needs to complain. On our side of the ground there are at least 25,000 more seats that can be made available if we need them. More will obviously become available tomorrow.

I hope you are right Rory. Many will have purchased tickets they would not have because they had little choice at the time of the opening offer(s). The sellers know what they are doing while the buyers are (by and large) inexperienced and will have taken what was available at the time.

People saying Mansfield have had more blocks released, however someone said the white areas are the ones not released yet, grey are sold, blue are available. So looking at these pics I don't think there is much difference. Seems Vale have sold most of the seats down the bottom side, behind the goal and towards the corner of the top side of the pic. With white blocks on the top side still to be released.

Mansfield look similar with plenty of white blocks still to be released on the top side of the pic. However clearly Mansfield haven't sold as many bottom corner or behind the goal.

Screenshot_20220523-012132_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220523-011416_Chrome.jpg

The reason for the staggered sales is so we have the best possible atmosphere and that means fans as close in blocks as possible. If they had put all areas on sale, it is likely our allocation would be spread out, leaving large gaps between fans which would kill the atmosphere. Noise rises, so it makes sense to sell out the lower tiers first, plus it looks good for TV. 

People saying Mansfield have had more blocks released, however someone said the white areas are the ones not released yet, grey are sold, blue are available. So looking at these pics I don't think there is much difference. Seems Vale have sold most of the seats down the bottom side, behind the goal and towards the corner of the top side of the pic. With white blocks on the top side still to be released.
Mansfield look similar with plenty of white blocks still to be released on the top side of the pic. However clearly Mansfield haven't sold as many bottom corner or behind the goal.
Screenshot_20220523-012132_Chrome.thumb.jpg.70e5326bd82a4ceb5f33dc697f3f3904.jpg
Screenshot_20220523-011416_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0c9716f4a47b5fa160ca894e34fba194.jpg
It is strange. Where the white areas and the grey areas are keep changing without ever having been blue. Been waiting for them to release more on the 2nd tier and its really frustrating and nerve racking. There are hardly any tickets avaialable together now. Assumed it would be some sort of algorithm that opened the areas but it increasingly looks like someone must do it manually, hopefully they start work at 9.

We’ve had similar issues the 362 times we’ve been to the new Wembley in recent years, although we had allocated ‘singing blocks’ which I’m not sure you’ve had? We asked Wembley to release certain blocks behind the goal for those fans who would definitely sing, not be bothered about people standing up, etc which worked very well.

And the answer to the person who was surprised at the low attendance between us and Blackpool a few years back is that it was during the Blackpool fans’ protest against their former owners so they had very few fans there.

We took 33,000 against morecambe (our first ever trip to Wembley in our history), then 22,000 the following year against Cambridge, about 18,000 against Blackpool and then about 14,000 against Coventry. Wembley gets boring obviously.

Other than individual seats, there were 3x2, 3x3 and 3x5 left when I checked just now. It's ludicrous they haven't released more blocks at this point, whether it's TM or Wembley to blame, they'll pretty obviously be missing out on revenue at this point, with nothing left to be gained.

Perhaps some of us need to message them and inform them of the demand for other areas?

You'd think a sophisticated site would detect so many visits to the site that haven't resulted in a sale. It may just be set times that blocks are opened up and nothing to do with how many are left. It does make you wonder if its a way of panicking people into spending more. 

Daft though as I'm sure ultimately they'd make more selling more, cheaper tickets.

7 hours ago, Santa said:

It would be disappointing if people get panicked into buying seats they don't really want because the release of the blocks where they do want to sit are being staggered.

Exactly this. I’ve ended up with a seat I didn’t want as it was all that was available at the time. I wasn’t aware of the phased block release when I booked. 

7 hours ago, Santa said:

It would be disappointing if people get panicked into buying seats they don't really want because the release of the blocks where they do want to sit are being staggered.

Correct.Our gang of 8 were prepared to buy Cat 1 tickets.We ended up separated Cat 3 and Cat 4.My bro is sending in a serious complaint.

Archived