onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wembley attendance thread

robf

5 minutes ago, robf said:

It's a good job Swindon aren't going - judging by their fans, it would just be a case of seeing who has the least "empty seats" on the day and that side being declared the winner. 

But what would happen if the pitch wasn't watered?

Or if the opposition had the end with no roof? 

The list is endless and the stadium would be nowhere near big enough to accommodate the size of their crowd and their heads.

I'm just glad I'm affiliated to a tinpot club where the fans are pigs,the players are not as good as Swindles according to their captain,where their manager takes photos of his players ankles,has our team making nasty challenges on Little Jonny and objects to insults from an ex player who spits constantly and needs to wear a bib.

Advert

54 minutes ago, Gooders said:

You're right. £1.25 to print my own ticket!

I wonder what these companies would do if consumers retaliated in kind?

They are basically charging £1.25 for sending you an email with one or more PDFs attached.

I'm tempted to invoice them £1.25 back for the cost of paper, ink and electricity in printing it....

2 hours ago, Rory said:

Mansfield had a bigger allocation than us from the start, if the clubs weren't involved why would this happen?

Mansfield had a load of choice/blocks open from the outset, we didn't. If the clubs aren't involved why would this be the case?

There are currently 12 blocks open where you can buy 2 tickets together in the Mansfield end, there are 2 in the Vale end. Considering ticket sales are similar, if the clubs aren't involved why would this be the case?

Mansfield fans currently wanting to buy tickets have the choice of numerous price categories, we have absolutely no choice. Considering ticket sales are similar, if the clubs aren't involved why would this be the case?

Ticketmaster are probably waiting instruction from Vale to release more blocks but there's nobody camped out on the car park so no rush.

I've seen a couple of Bristol Rovers fans going to support the Dazzler and they're buying in the Mansfield end because there's cheaper tickets available. It's madness when there's so much empty space.

I could well be wrong, but if I am it's far from a ridiculous conclusion to jump to wouldn't you say?

Maybe the club AREN’T involved and are just letting Ticketmaster make all the decisions.  Mansfield maybe requesting some of the things you’ve listed.  Who knows?

2 hours ago, Rory said:

Mansfield had a bigger allocation than us from the start, if the clubs weren't involved why would this happen?

Mansfield had a load of choice/blocks open from the outset, we didn't. If the clubs aren't involved why would this be the case?

There are currently 12 blocks open where you can buy 2 tickets together in the Mansfield end, there are 2 in the Vale end. Considering ticket sales are similar, if the clubs aren't involved why would this be the case?

Mansfield fans currently wanting to buy tickets have the choice of numerous price categories, we have absolutely no choice. Considering ticket sales are similar, if the clubs aren't involved why would this be the case?

Ticketmaster are probably waiting instruction from Vale to release more blocks but there's nobody camped out on the car park so no rush.

I've seen a couple of Bristol Rovers fans going to support the Dazzler and they're buying in the Mansfield end because there's cheaper tickets available. It's madness when there's so much empty space.

I could well be wrong, but if I am it's far from a ridiculous conclusion to jump to wouldn't you say?

No its all supposition on your part. There is no reason the club would instruct ticketmaster to restrict tickets to Vale fans. 

It doesn't take an Einstein sized brain to work out that Wembley Stadium are attempting to restrict the number of sections open for the game. However, they are not Wembley's tickets, they are Vale's. Thousands of supporters will watch from behind the goal when they will have preferred to have viewed from the side and /or higher up in the stands. Where we sit is being dictated by Wembley's profit. They are our tickets!

Wembley must release all of our allocation. Would you accept a ticket in the Bycars because it was unprofitable to open the Railway? You wouldn't because Vale would never make such a decision. We rarely visit our national stadium and it's being spoiled by an organisation who have no interest who is there on 28th May.

104 tickets left in total. Hardly any together now. It's getting stupid. This isn't anything to do with "keeping the fans together". Open up another block or two on the second tier, blocks on the side of the pitch opposite where they've been released now, and open up a block in tier 3 where there are more cat 5s & 6s. 

Maybe the club AREN’T involved and are just letting Ticketmaster make all the decisions.  Mansfield maybe requesting some of the things you’ve listed.  Who knows?
If Mansfield are being proactive and Vale aren't then I still blame Vale.

Our supporters are being shafted like hell here and it's a scandal.

Ticketmaster will be doing what they are told. The Wembley Stadium Company (or whatever they are called) will be calling the shots. I've been to Wembley Stadium many times. I don't want to sit behind the goal or in a cluster of seats around a corner flag. I (and I imagine many) will want to sit somewhere toward the half way line and high enough to get a worthwhile view of the whole field. The arrangements must be the decision of an organisation who have no interest in us as Port Vale supporters and are motivated by the hosting authority in their efforts to save a few quid.

31 minutes ago, Rory said:

If Mansfield are being proactive and Vale aren't then I still blame Vale.

Our supporters are being shafted like hell here and it's a scandal.

You seriously believe that Carol and Kevin, or anyone else at the club are shafting the supporters? Calm down, it's absolutely nothing to do with them at all. More will become available tomorrow. Looking on ticketmaster there's about 100 left. There's not a cat in hells chance we've sold 25,000 (11,000 in the last 24 hours) and even if we had (we haven't), it's an initial allocation. The club would request more at this early stage.

Maybe they think we're a stupid lot who will accept what they're given. I live in Shropshire. I've booked my return train journey but I won't purchase a match ticket until we are given the choice we would expect, which we obviously need to complain to get.

You seriously believe that Carol and Kevin, or anyone else at the club are shafting the supporters? Calm down, it's absolutely nothing to do with them at all. More will become available tomorrow. Looking on ticketmaster there's about 100 left. There's not a cat in hells chance we've sold 25,000 (11,000 in the last 24 hours) and even if we had (we haven't), it's an initial allocation. The club would request more at this early stage.
I don't believe that Carol and Kevin are shafting us, of course not. I wouldn't bet against some sort of incompetence elsewhere within the club causing us these problems though. I cannot think of another reason why Mansfield fans would be getting superior treatment I'm afraid.

Anyway, whoever is to blame and whatever the reason is we just need to get it sorted ASAP for people looking to buy tickets and make plans.

Archived