Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Wembley - pre game - pubs, bars, venues


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ValeFanInBrum said:

I went to the Arch before and after the match… rubbish! Should have gone to the Green Man by the sounds of things!

 

Went to The Arch for something to eat, saw the burgers were £23 and walked straight out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Went to Box Park. Free entry £5.50 a pint card only. Didn’t try any food so don’t know about quality or if value for money. Worth a visit, if we don’t do it automatically next season and have to go through the PO’s again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 22/05/2022 at 01:13, Lord Arthur said:

Hi folks I represent Wealdstone Fc we offer FREE PARKING FOR COACHES,MINIBUSES and CARS for Wembley Stadium we are based in Ruislip just 7 stops away on the Met line approx 22mins to Wembley Park Station.We have a large clubhouse a pint of beer is approx £4 to your premium beer £4.50 - £5 we also have a beer garden and put on a bbq doing burgers sausages and bacon rolls which prove popular for visiting fans. We can take up to 600 fans and in the last month or so we have had Rotherham,Man City,Sunderland,Wrexham and next Sunday Huddersfield fans will be using us for the third time.We have had many other clubs use us and will give a glowing report of how well they have been looked after.If you would like to know more,please call my mob 0797979 5414 from Monday afternoon , as tomorrow I will busy, helping with the visit of Wrexham fans. A little note of interest is that Tom Pett your Captain, use to play for Wealdstone Fc,so I’m sure, he would love you to use our place, to help support his old club,which could do with the support after such tough economic conditions.

Cheers James 

I didn't use your facilities, as we needed to get closer to the ground...but I think this is an awesome thing you do for fans of other teams so well done you - keep up the good work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who want a little more than junk / fast food after a long...but awesome...day - me and son went to The Arena Greek Restaurant (about 5 mins walk from the stadium). 2 x 2 course meals from the a la carte menu, a drink each / water / bread and olive oil + tip cost £50...and was bloody delicious! Added to that, by the time we left there was virtually no traffic jams anywhere, and we knocked almost 20 minutes off our return ETA!! UTV VTID  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Wembley have certainly got everything well organised! Yes expensive for us poorly paid northerners but you could get a drink go the loo really good concourse. Everything was well signposted for me after the Swindon away experience I was very happy with Wembley. I hope to go again next year for the league 1 play offs . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a great 3 hours in the Box Park, great atmosphere, good choice of food and drinks.

Lee Hughes in his Vale top doing his goal celebration lifted the roof.

All in all, i can't remember a better day supporting Vale.

Only minor neg was the standing on the train back to Stoke but it soon passed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say that the “fanzone” was crap, our own at VP is far better.

We were pleasantly surprised by the food prices in and around the centre of London, lots of choice for reasonably priced fodder. Cheaper now than before the pandemic we thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the Green man really well organised the beer garden was packed but there were plenty of bar staff and never had to wait for a drink only down side was a flair landed at a lads feet he picked it up and was then jumped on by 2 bouncers and thrown out even though loads of us protested his innocence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m coming via Waterloo- can I tag along?
Sorry. I missed this! Went to The Harp just opposite Kings Cross and then the White Hart Waterloo. Glad I did now, as in spite of arriving at Wembley at 2PM, they wouldn't let us in the Box park. We had booked the free tickets because we knew we wouldn't get there before 1. Loads of people coming out, so it clearly wasn't full. It was clearly one of those places where you had to pay the tenner to get in. Same with the fanzone....2 hours before kick off and not letting you in. No biggie but odd that they were turning away willing punters for no reason.

We ended up going in the ground and drinking expensive pints at the Lioness bar. What a place! Like a nice hotel bar with comfy seats....I've never had a beer in a concourse like that!

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Sorry. I missed this! Went to The Harp just opposite Kings Cross and then the White Hart Waterloo. Glad I did now, as in spite of arriving at Wembley at 2PM, they wouldn't let us in the Box park. We had booked the free tickets because we knew we wouldn't get there before 1. Loads of people coming out, so it clearly wasn't full. It was clearly one of those places where you had to pay the tenner to get in. Same with the fanzone....2 hours before kick off and not letting you in. No biggie but odd that they were turning away willing punters for no reason.

We ended up going in the ground and drinking expensive pints at the Lioness bar. What a place! Like a nice hotel bar with comfy seats....I've never had a beer in a concourse like that!

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app
 

Boxpark was free to get in to, the tickets only guaranteed free entry before 1 but they didn’t charge after that. Place was busy and probably peaked about 2pm but wasn’t full, great atmosphere and we went after the game ending up watching the Liverpool game. £5.50 in the stadium I though was very reasonable, especially as it was a better pint than the bars around Wembley  and the Boxpark. I pay £5.20 for a pint where I live so I was expecting £7 a pint in the stadium.

Edited by philpvfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/05/2022 at 08:47, leedsvaliant said:

Sorry. I missed this! Went to The Harp just opposite Kings Cross and then the White Hart Waterloo. Glad I did now, as in spite of arriving at Wembley at 2PM, they wouldn't let us in the Box park. We had booked the free tickets because we knew we wouldn't get there before 1. Loads of people coming out, so it clearly wasn't full. It was clearly one of those places where you had to pay the tenner to get in. Same with the fanzone....2 hours before kick off and not letting you in. No biggie but odd that they were turning away willing punters for no reason.

We ended up going in the ground and drinking expensive pints at the Lioness bar. What a place! Like a nice hotel bar with comfy seats....I've never had a beer in a concourse like that!

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app
 

Same - Got there about 2pm and walked round to Fan Zone before walking back to where I started and heading in. 
 

really liked the setup inside and I was happy with a few pints of Goose 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free parking at Wealdstone was perfect with young family. 10 minute walk to the station & £3.60 return to Wembley Park. Had a couple of drinks before walking to the station & they had BBQ going.

Well done Wealdstone, good little setup & would definitely use again if I was driving down to Wembley.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2022 at 21:13, ValeFanInBrum said:

Christ… thankfully I didn’t eat anything there, but it was £7 a pint

At J.J. Moon's we got a pint of Ruddles for £1.85!

Edited by prof
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


On 30/05/2022 at 08:51, philpvfc said:

Boxpark was free to get in to, the tickets only guaranteed free entry before 1 but they didn’t charge after that. Place was busy and probably peaked about 2pm but wasn’t full, great atmosphere and we went after the game ending up watching the Liverpool game. £5.50 in the stadium I though was very reasonable, especially as it was a better pint than the bars around Wembley  and the Boxpark. I pay £5.20 for a pint where I live so I was expecting £7 a pint in the stadium.

I paid £10 for guaranteed entry before 1. Coach was late leaving Oxford services so we got to Boxpark about half past. Full, big queue, wouldn't let us in. Ended up in the Green Man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/05/2022 at 08:20, KidsgroveVALE said:

Had a great 3 hours in the Box Park, great atmosphere, good choice of food and drinks.

Lee Hughes in his Vale top doing his goal celebration lifted the roof.

All in all, i can't remember a better day supporting Vale.

Only minor neg was the standing on the train back to Stoke but it soon passed. 

 

We had a brilliant time in Boxpark. Great atmosphere and to hear a packed indoor venue singing all manner of Vale songs was all part of a fantastic day.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF



×
×
  • Create New...