Wembley - pre game - pubs, bars, venues

19 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Appreciate help on carparking from anyone who has been before. Don't fancy the £40 official parking. Any cheaper options, any local businesses renting out their carparks for the day ?

You can get a few cheaper options on things like yourparkingspace (but not much - you're still looking at £30-odd). 

You could park away from Wembley and get the train/tube in. If you go to somewhere like Stanmore there's £6 per day parking at the NCP (and you can book in advance to ensure a space)  and it's a four stop tube ride to Wembley Park station.

Or come over to our neck of the woods, park at one of the stations on the Birmingham > Marylebone Chiltern Trains line and get the train in. Parking at stations like Beaconsfield, Wycombe etc is less than a tenner for the day. 

I'm sure there's plenty of others too but those are two I know of. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Appreciate help on carparking from anyone who has been before. Don't fancy the £40 official parking. Any cheaper options, any local businesses renting out their carparks for the day ?
My mate put me onto this, £22.50, 10 minutes from the stadium :-
Wembley Car Parking - Contact Us
WWW.WEMBLEYCARPARKING.ORG.UK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robf said:

You can get a few cheaper options on things like yourparkingspace (but not much - you're still looking at £30-odd). 

You could park away from Wembley and get the train/tube in. If you go to somewhere like Stanmore there's £6 per day parking at the NCP (and you can book in advance to ensure a space)  and it's a four stop tube ride to Wembley Park station.

Or come over to our neck of the woods, park at one of the stations on the Birmingham > Marylebone Chiltern Trains line and get the train in. Parking at stations like Beaconsfield, Wycombe etc is less than a tenner for the day. 

I'm sure there's plenty of others too but those are two I know of. 

Beaconsfield is one we regularly use for England games. 20 mins into Wembley Stadium station and only £5.50 to park at the weekend. Obviously you need to factor in train tickets as well.

• Like 1

Advert:

The food outlets at that Boxpark Wembley place look great. 

If you're travelling down for Vale's biggest game in nine years, what else could you possibly want pre-match other than some artisan, vegan porridge :whistling:

Capture.JPG.90b0fc3cf308ceee8319624f4fc402f1.JPG

• Like 2

Agreed.  Much easier to get round to Wembley from the M40 as well.
Right you are, Jacko. I hope you're doing well.

I'll be driving a bus full of interesting characters down there and I'll be going M40.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

If you get into London early by train arriving at Euston, why not try Mables Tavern, Mableton Place, just off the Euston Road. It's the North London Valiants pub. Then after a few beers (decent ale as well) a short walk to Euston Square LU Station, then four stops to Wembley Park Stn on the Met line.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

If you get into London early by train arriving at Euston, why not try Mables Tavern, Mableton Place, just off the Euston Road. It's the North London Valiants pub. Then after a few beers (decent ale as well) a short walk to Euston Square LU Station, then four stops to Wembley Park Stn on the Met line.

At the end of the M40 carry on on the A40 to the Hanger Lane roundabout then take the North Circular.  Wembley is clearly signposted from there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

At the end of the M40 carry on on the A40 to the Hanger Lane roundabout then take the North Circular.  Wembley is clearly signposted from there.

I was on about a place to drink for people arriving by train from at Euston, don't see the connection

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Would you generally head down the M1 from Stoke out of interest?

M40 would also be my recommendation.

Coming back down sarf from the Vale my satnav very often goes M6/M5/M42/M40 - for Wembley you would just stick on the M40 all the way down until it becomes the A40.

The food outlets at that Boxpark Wembley place look great. 
If you're travelling down for Vale's biggest game in nine years, what else could you possibly want pre-match other than some artisan, vegan porridge :whistling:
Capture.JPG.90b0fc3cf308ceee8319624f4fc402f1.JPG
As someone that's intolerant of milk that appeals to me!
  • Like 2

Advert:

M40 would also be my recommendation.
Coming back down sarf from the Vale my satnav very often goes M6/M5/M42/M40 - for Wembley you would just stick on the M40 all the way down until it becomes the A40.
Every time I've gone down the a40 I've got stuck but think that's after hanger lane heading into central London. I know I'll get stuck on the north circular from the m1 so might try that.

11 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

I was on about a place to drink for people arriving by train from at Euston, don't see the connection

Sorry, I was replying to Rory and quoted your message by mistake. 

12 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Would you generally head down the M1 from Stoke out of interest?

It’ll depend where you’re parking and/or travel plans once in London surely?  Also worth remembering there’ll be more Vale than Mansfield on M40 and vice versa for M1 at a guess.