onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wembley - pre game - pubs, bars, venues

saintvaliant

Had a great 3 hours in the Box Park, great atmosphere, good choice of food and drinks.

Lee Hughes in his Vale top doing his goal celebration lifted the roof.

All in all, i can't remember a better day supporting Vale.

Only minor neg was the standing on the train back to Stoke but it soon passed. 

Advert

Have to say that the “fanzone” was crap, our own at VP is far better.

We were pleasantly surprised by the food prices in and around the centre of London, lots of choice for reasonably priced fodder. Cheaper now than before the pandemic we thought.

Went to the Green man really well organised the beer garden was packed but there were plenty of bar staff and never had to wait for a drink only down side was a flair landed at a lads feet he picked it up and was then jumped on by 2 bouncers and thrown out even though loads of us protested his innocence 

I’m coming via Waterloo- can I tag along?
Sorry. I missed this! Went to The Harp just opposite Kings Cross and then the White Hart Waterloo. Glad I did now, as in spite of arriving at Wembley at 2PM, they wouldn't let us in the Box park. We had booked the free tickets because we knew we wouldn't get there before 1. Loads of people coming out, so it clearly wasn't full. It was clearly one of those places where you had to pay the tenner to get in. Same with the fanzone....2 hours before kick off and not letting you in. No biggie but odd that they were turning away willing punters for no reason.

We ended up going in the ground and drinking expensive pints at the Lioness bar. What a place! Like a nice hotel bar with comfy seats....I've never had a beer in a concourse like that!

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Sorry. I missed this! Went to The Harp just opposite Kings Cross and then the White Hart Waterloo. Glad I did now, as in spite of arriving at Wembley at 2PM, they wouldn't let us in the Box park. We had booked the free tickets because we knew we wouldn't get there before 1. Loads of people coming out, so it clearly wasn't full. It was clearly one of those places where you had to pay the tenner to get in. Same with the fanzone....2 hours before kick off and not letting you in. No biggie but odd that they were turning away willing punters for no reason.

We ended up going in the ground and drinking expensive pints at the Lioness bar. What a place! Like a nice hotel bar with comfy seats....I've never had a beer in a concourse like that!

Boxpark was free to get in to, the tickets only guaranteed free entry before 1 but they didn’t charge after that. Place was busy and probably peaked about 2pm but wasn’t full, great atmosphere and we went after the game ending up watching the Liverpool game. £5.50 in the stadium I though was very reasonable, especially as it was a better pint than the bars around Wembley  and the Boxpark. I pay £5.20 for a pint where I live so I was expecting £7 a pint in the stadium.

On 30/05/2022 at 08:47, leedsvaliant said:

Same - Got there about 2pm and walked round to Fan Zone before walking back to where I started and heading in. 

really liked the setup inside and I was happy with a few pints of Goose 👍🏻

Free parking at Wealdstone was perfect with young family. 10 minute walk to the station & £3.60 return to Wembley Park. Had a couple of drinks before walking to the station & they had BBQ going.

Well done Wealdstone, good little setup & would definitely use again if I was driving down to Wembley.

On 30/05/2022 at 08:51, philpvfc said:

Boxpark was free to get in to, the tickets only guaranteed free entry before 1 but they didn’t charge after that. Place was busy and probably peaked about 2pm but wasn’t full, great atmosphere and we went after the game ending up watching the Liverpool game. £5.50 in the stadium I though was very reasonable, especially as it was a better pint than the bars around Wembley  and the Boxpark. I pay £5.20 for a pint where I live so I was expecting £7 a pint in the stadium.

I paid £10 for guaranteed entry before 1. Coach was late leaving Oxford services so we got to Boxpark about half past. Full, big queue, wouldn't let us in. Ended up in the Green Man.

On 30/05/2022 at 08:20, KidsgroveVALE said:

Had a great 3 hours in the Box Park, great atmosphere, good choice of food and drinks.

Lee Hughes in his Vale top doing his goal celebration lifted the roof.

All in all, i can't remember a better day supporting Vale.

Only minor neg was the standing on the train back to Stoke but it soon passed. 

We had a brilliant time in Boxpark. Great atmosphere and to hear a packed indoor venue singing all manner of Vale songs was all part of a fantastic day.

10 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I paid £10 for guaranteed entry before 1. Coach was late leaving Oxford services so we got to Boxpark about half past. Full, big queue, wouldn't let us in. Ended up in the Green Man.

That’s unlucky, we pre registered which meant nothing really, got there for about 1.10, queued for 10 minutes and got in free of charge.

I said to the doorman that there was at least 20 to 30 people leaving which surely meant that the place wasn't full. He just said no. I often find it strange that places don't want people's money. If I was the manager of that place, I would be keeping it at absolute capacity as near to kick off as I possibly could. Seems an odd business decision.

I would have happily had a few pints and something to eat, as would the people with me. Clearly if you weren't there before 1 then you weren't going to be spending enough money in there. Seems incredibly early to be in a place 3 hours before a game when travelling 150 miles.

Fortunately, the lioness bar inside the ground was pretty decent.

Didn't know about the lioness bar. I had every intention of spending a fair amount in Boxpark, savouring every moment. Saved a fortune as less on offer at the Green Man. Was decent but not really what I was after for my daughter. Lesson learnt I suppose. Don't go on official coaches if you want to be there a fair few hours before kick off. Fingers crossed we get chance put it right again soon🤣

Archived