Jump to content

Crowd tonight.


Recommended Posts

Every club has its idiots. For example, I sometimes see one clown dribbling on about how he goes to see Tranmere a lot, used to be an accountant and that women can't play football. It's embarrassing and needs stamping out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It was a fantastic atmosphere and a brilliant night and shouldn’t be overshadowed by a few idiots at the end of the day none of the swindie players were hurt let’s move on and get ready for Wembley 

At least one of the Swindon players was hurt.

Edit:  The only thing that struck me was that their players, possibly through tiredness, shock maybe, seemed slow to react to the fans running on.  I’d have to watch it again, but they seemed in no hurry to dash up the tunnel as our fans streamed onto the pitch.  I’m not condoning confrontation, call it what you will, but surely common sense would suggest you’ve got to get yourself up that tunnel?

Sadly these incidents are what led to fences going up and it’d be fairly easy for the authorities to knee jerk and bring this back.

Last I’ll say on the matter.  Not going to let a few idiots take any gloss off last night.  

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

At least one of the Swindon players was hurt.

Edit:  The only thing that struck me was that their players, possibly through tiredness, shock maybe, seemed slow to react to the fans running on.  I’d have to watch it again, but they seemed in no hurry to dash up the tunnel as our fans streamed onto the pitch.  I’m not condoning confrontation, call it what you will, but surely common sense would suggest you’ve got to get yourself up that tunnel?

Sadly these incidents are what led to fences going up and it’d be fairly easy for the authorities to knee jerk and bring this back.

Last I’ll say on the matter.  Not going to let a few idiots take any gloss off last night.  

I may be blurred by the shootout but I am sure they stood in the centre of the pitch furthest from the tunnel with Vale closer to the tunnel, would of made sense for them to be nearer the tunnel and focus the stewards on the tunnel area to allow them to jog towards the tunnel quicker and get off before the fans made it to the centre of the field.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

Football grounds should reintroduce fences to keep the fans off the pitch, that worked well before didn't it?

I think it depends on how its done. Arguably standing didn't work either in light of the terrible Hillsborough events but we've moved on to the far safer "safe standing" areas. 

Ironically, the next ground we go to has a system which I think could work. It looks to me like it will fold down in an emergency to allow emergency exit. But in regular use, it's not there to keep you out at all cost but just to make it tricky to get onto the pitch so any passing steward has time to react. 

I would imagine something like that is better than the "death trap" systems there was in the 80s

football-seating-in-the-new-wembley-stadium-in-london-A3PD8W.thumb.jpg.f5cd4ef67da6474f8e2dddcb86d0f304.jpg4964022_c876c5bc_original.thumb.jpg.ecb0a3f02b047adae76bdafb63f94e63.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"as for Clarke he needs to get some control over his emotions, he ain't help matters"
Are you for real? !!!!!  Stupid comment. !
No reason then for him to apologise to the player, the manager and the club, also the fact that he realised he got red carded and brought the club into disrepute, but then I bow to your superior interlect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there’s a problem with antisocial behaviour in football / society at large then there’s definitely going to be a problem down the Vale.

You didn’t have to be Russell Grant to know what was going to happen last night. Could there have been more of a plan in place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, robf said:

I think it depends on how its done. Arguably standing didn't work either in light of the terrible Hillsborough events but we've moved on to the far safer "safe standing" areas. 

Ironically, the next ground we go to has a system which I think could work. It looks to me like it will fold down in an emergency to allow emergency exit. But in regular use, it's not there to keep you out at all cost but just to make it tricky to get onto the pitch so any passing steward has time to react. 

I would imagine something like that is better than the "death trap" systems there was in the 80s

football-seating-in-the-new-wembley-stadium-in-london-A3PD8W.thumb.jpg.f5cd4ef67da6474f8e2dddcb86d0f304.jpg4964022_c876c5bc_original.thumb.jpg.ecb0a3f02b047adae76bdafb63f94e63.jpg

I was trying to find a pic of those, Rob so thanks!  I wonder what the cost is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


12 minutes ago, Santa said:

If there’s a problem with antisocial behaviour in football / society at large then there’s definitely going to be a problem down the Vale.

You didn’t have to be Russell Grant to know what was going to happen last night. Could there have been more of a plan in place?

The complete lack of stewards on the pitch is shocking to be fair. As you say the pitch invasion was so predictable that there's no reason a plan couldn't have been in place to immediately shepherd the losing team to safety. 

 

(I know they shouldn't HAVE too) but I can't really see any Swindon player make an effort to get to the tunnel with any haste. In fact there are two vale players who get there first and a few of their subs actually make their way onto the pitch. 

 

I think Police/Stewards should have focused on keeping the pitch invaders away from opposing fans rather than spreading thinly around all areas of the ground - there's no way they were stopping thousands of people getting onto the pitch so the next best outcome is to keep the fans away from each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's totally beyond me after a fantastic game and you have won! You are over the moon with joy and happiness that someone feels the need to knock seven bells out of the opposition. Bonkers!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indicative of society as a whole which football is very much part of but again very sad that a very tiny minority grab the headlines on what was a truly wonderful night for PVFC and the vast majority of it's supporters.

I would be very reluctant to go back to the   "Barriers around the pitch" approach 'cause it's only when the un-anticipated happens that very serious problems and tragedies happen. To me the best approach is high def-cameras around the ground and turnstiles which can zoom in and out so that offenders can be retrospectively traced and prosecuted.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FeedThePope9 said:

Not trying to excuse violence but Harry McKirdy winds up opposition fans on a weekly basis. He made a post on Instagram before the first leg referring to Vale as 'pigs' and then proceeded to celebrate right in front of our supporters. This is one of many cases this season and it does spark a reaction from people. I'm not saying it's right.

Every club has a bad bunch and Swindon Town is no exception. They ripped up seats in the Bycars and threw flares and bottles onto the pitch at the end but I know that the majority of the supporters in the away end just wanted to cheer on their team and enjoy a play-off semi final second leg. 

The actions of a few thugs and so called 'fans' will have unfortunately damaged our club's reputation last night. Real Vale fans are affected as a result. Multiple flares were set of after Wilson's goal in the Railway last night and one was thrown and landed in the middle row. One older gentlemen nearly had an asthma attack before it was eventually removed by fellow supporters.

It was a minority of people who decided to try and attack Swindon players and supporters. It has happened far too often in English football recently and not just this week. The Euro final last year springs to mind.

There was nearly 10,000 Vale fans and the majority behaved and just wanted to celebrate reaching the new Wembley for the first time in our history. It was a fantastic occasion and the best night we've had at Vale Park in well over a decade. UTV

Agree. If I went round to people on the street calling them pigs and doing machine guns actions at them, I’d expect to be thumped. Does that excuse their violence? No. But it’s certainly understandable how some people that are more violent prone end up assaulting him.

Edited by Powerline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


13 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Your view of 4000 diehards is outdated.

We're changing and growing. The amount of kids I see at Vale Park staggers me, and the players have just hooked them into this club for a lifetime with a trip to Wembley. Make the Hamil a permanent home end where the focus is on supporting the team rather than goading away supporters and we're flying. 

RIP little old Port Vale.

Absolutely spot on. Would love us to turn the Hamil into a proper home end. Get a big flag in there to pass around before kick off & turn it into our own version of the Kop. Flags, scarves, banners, streamers. Would be amazing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, bomber said:

It's totally beyond me after a fantastic game and you have won! You are over the moon with joy and happiness that someone feels the need to knock seven bells out of the opposition. Bonkers!

Totally agree. 👍 What’s really disappointing is perhaps <1% of the Vale fans at the game have made the headlines for the wrong reasons. This has tarnished the fantastic atmosphere at the game as well as the monumental performance by the team. Hopefully the culprits will be identified, prosecuted and banned from football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...