onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crowd tonight.

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't see it this way. The club is not ready for crowds of that size and there were really serious issues last night. 

As we approached the Lorne Street stand just after the Swindon bus and before the statue we came across a Swindon supporter who was unconscious on the floor after having been beaten up by Port Vale thugs. Some of his friends were also covered in blood. My son who is a an A&E doctor attended to the victim and was satisfied he was responsive before handing him over to the ambulance staff. 

Obviously later at the end of the match 1000s of Port Vale supporters broke the law, entered the pitch, and some attacked the Swindon players. There was therefore at least two serious security incidents. 

I'm afraid as a club we are now clocking up incident after incident at games during the season where visiting supporters or in this case a team are set upon and attacked. 

So basically, I think severe punishment is needed such as being disqualified from the playoffs or thrown out of the league. 

I'm not defending actions or disagreeing with most of what you say, but " So basically, I think severe punishment is needed such as being disqualified from the playoffs or thrown out of the league. " is gibberish and a massive overreaction. Do that and any team in playoffs/finals/big games will be banned. Just identify and ban those responsible ... and control players too. They need to remember their audience on social media. Again, not defending a loss of control, but if you wind people up for a week, its all gong to come out (in certain people) when they have a chance. We have our share of knuckle draggers that need locking up, but don't stop the fun for the majority or overreact with "ban the club" rubbish, 

Advert

Only we could find negatives like this. What happened goes on everywhere not just us. I saw several Swindon fans in town beforehand and they got booed, no trouble. If they wanted it, they'd have got it, just like everywhere else. Fans know where to go and where not to. It's simple. If we get a fine,  Everton, Forest etc should be done 100 fold.

As for atmosphere , pre match in the square is what we want every week and during the game, even the moaners shut up. Truly great night.

25 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't see it this way. The club is not ready for crowds of that size and there were really serious issues last night. 

As we approached the Lorne Street stand just after the Swindon bus and before the statue we came across a Swindon supporter who was unconscious on the floor after having been beaten up by Port Vale thugs. Some of his friends were also covered in blood. My son who is a an A&E doctor attended to the victim and was satisfied he was responsive before handing him over to the ambulance staff. 

Obviously later at the end of the match 1000s of Port Vale supporters broke the law, entered the pitch, and some attacked the Swindon players. There was therefore at least two serious security incidents. 

I'm afraid as a club we are now clocking up incident after incident at games during the season where visiting supporters or in this case a team are set upon and attacked. 

So basically, I think severe punishment is needed such as being disqualified from the playoffs or thrown out of the league. 

Grow up. You come across as a very strange and dangerous man.

58 minutes ago, Warren said:

This has to be a wind up merchant? 

Kicked out the league because of some idiots. Which every club has 

Get a grip 

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

It’s so disappointing that the fabulous night was spoilt by that dreadful behaviour at the end. That has become the story now in the media rather than the superb performance by the players. It was shameful and the club will suffer financially and in terms of how we are seen by other fans. I really do wonder if these idiots have anything at all between their ears. 

Unfortunately Jacko the idiots are representative of our society. The bigger the crowd the more idiots . Had great satisfaction singing my heart out from the stands, understand the emotion of wanting to surge onto the pitch but no more. 

That Harry Mckirdy song could catch on.

15 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Unfortunately Jacko the idiots are representative of our society. The bigger the crowd the more idiots . Had great satisfaction singing my heart out from the stands, understand the emotion of wanting to surge onto the pitch but no more. 

Mc Kirdy is a grade A knob.  His comments on social media before the game and his attempts to wind up our crowd were childish beyond belief.  No excuse for what happened at the end but if you can't take it you shouldn't dish it out.

14 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

I think there's more to it.  Everyone has a responsibility here, including Swindon.  The way McKirdy deliberately winds up and provokes opposition fans and players alike is quite evil.  He should not be surprised if it provokes a reaction.  You reap what you sow.

Maybe Swindon should accept some responsibility for their players and do something about it. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Some very serious accusations in this post

Did you report the assault? You'd be considered a witness. What time did it happen? 

In addition; which games have visiting supporters been set upon and attacked? Again, a very serious accusation. 

6 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I think there's more to it.  Everyone has a responsibility here, including Swindon.  The way McKirdy deliberately winds up and provokes opposition fans and players alike is quite evil.  He should not be surprised if it provokes a reaction.  You reap what you sow.

Maybe Swindon should accept some responsibility for their players and do something about it. 

Just reading on BBC Sports, the catalogue of incidents over the last few days.  The Vale's was by no means the worst.  It would be most unfair for the Vale to be picked out for treatment and not the other clubs. 

Pitch invasion trouble

Here's a reminder of what's happened this week following pitch invasions following Premier League and play-off matches:

2 hours ago, Warren said:

The bad was very bad but the yob fans need prison and punishment, not the club or actual fans. 

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

Mckirdy is a arse, but the actions of some Vale fans is unacceptable. These people are tarnishing our great club, a club whose owners are trying to make family friendly, you cannot sweep it under the carpet we need rid of these idiots.

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

Just reading on BBC Sports, the catalogue of incidents over the last few days.  The Vale's was by no means the worst.  It would be most unfair for the Vale to be picked out for treatment and not the other clubs. 

Pitch invasion trouble

Here's a reminder of what's happened this week following pitch invasions following Premier League and play-off matches:

Agreed. We are going back to the bad old Tory Britain Thatcher era. Everyone is skint, peeved off and want to get a bit of aggro. I don’t excuse it, but things are desperate for so many who are unhappy. 

I went onto the pitch. I sang The Wonder of You. I cried with my mates. I hugged and kissed people I've never met before in my life. I never went near a Swindon player or their fans. Put me in jail officer, I confess to my crimes.

Archived