• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Hamil Road end thoughts….

Advert:

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Where do the vale fans park if you give away fans synectics car park.

Away fans can have dimensions. Away coaches can go right at the back of Synectics through the white automated gate, there's loads of unused space up there. Vale have the bit of the Synectics car park we have now.

For run of the mill games with no expectation of disorder or silliness, I can't see why Vale couldn't also share dimensions.

That NHS Covid testing facility by the Synectics entrance should also hopefully be gone by next season, that'll open up a lot of space for more parking spots and thus more revenue for the club. I noticed a load of cars parked there for Swindon, assume it was staff parking. I know club staff park behind the synectics gate outside the building for home games, but there's space round the back to get some away coaches in. Big open space to the right of the building, and there's a wide road that runs up the left side. You could park masses of away coaches around the Synectics building going round clockwise. The only downside is the congestion that would occur at the bottleneck Synectics entrance of Hamil Road, if it happened they might have to ask a police officer to stand in the road and manage traffic. Not the end of the world.

I've always thought for busy games it would be worth at least having a look at doing a 20/30 minute one way system down Hamil Road after full time to manage the standstill traffic so both lanes can go west down towards Burslem, if people want to get up there from Burslem they can just drive a few hundred metres further up Moorland road past Burslem park and turn left on Park Road and come out near Vale cafe. Extending that to make it one way outside the Police station too would help with that awful junction with Moorland Road off Hamil where there's very little space to pull out into when it's busy because there are traffic lights immediately after.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I will be glad to get back to my seat in the Bycars. I don't get this love in for the Hamil. It was OK but you can get a coffee and have a p*ss in the Bycars and the view is better, can't even see the scoreboard from the Hamil. The roof is too low and the "concourse" is cramped. Bogs are a bit better I guess but that isn't enough to make me move. I will probably go in the Railway if the Bycars becomes the away end. Hamil makes sense as the away end with a coach parking area right outside.

I'm really glad you don't sit next to me in the bycars talking so much crap you deserve to be sitting in the boothen end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How many does the Bycars hold ? I'm sure provision could be made to sell beer in that end too. Am I right in thinking The Blue one sold the catering off to a 3rd party and Vale currently don't benefit from beer sales inside the ground ?
No it's all Vale now but before he owned the catering company and pocketed all the money

2 hours ago, robf said:

A bit of blue sky thinking here... I guess that eventually the club may consider putting two scoreboards in the ground - one in the corner between the Lorne and Hamil and another in the old family stand corner. Those would be an upgrade on what we have now and allow fans in the Hamil to see the family stand one. I guess it's a low priority at the moment what with all the other things needed like the PA though. Having said that, I guess larger, more modern screens would also allow advertising so they may pay for themselves or even make a bit of money - I guess it's a case of doing the sums and working out where it fits on the (very) long list of improvements needed. 

Can't we keep the scoreboard as it is and go back to the letters and numbers that use to be displayed at half time? It would increase the sales of programmes for those old enough to remember! 

On a serious note I like the Bycars for all it's ancient seats/toilets etc. However the Hamils toilets/facilities are better and if it's more about looking after our fans and encouraging new fans then it's a no brainer.

Dimensions/Synetics can be used for away support. It was difficult to park the other night but it won't be like that every week. There won't be pit h invasions every week either. It's about time we started putting our fans first. Let's face it,Vale fans at away games have complained about the conditions...Swindle,Barrow to name but 2.

Advert:

37 minutes ago, Santa said:

Let away coaches park up on the gated off bit of Synectics car park and put up a marquee there if they want an away fan zone 

For big games use it as a drop off point for coaches, rustle up a few containers and thus have a box city for away fans. 

7 hours ago, STUNG said:

Stung says yabba dabba doo 😜😜

Guitar Ray appreciates the yabba dabba  doo and wishes to reciprocate the yabba dabba doo. 🙌🏻 🙏🏻 👏🏻 🎸

• Like 1

On 21/05/2022 at 14:36, hamilboy said:

Away fans have always been able to use the synectics car park already

19 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Away fans have always been able to use the synectics car park already

I know that because for years i have paid for a pass on there but i have never seen buses there through the synectics gate is their company car park there used to be a gate at the bycars lane side but that was years ago only one now right outside the paddock and stand entrance.

Advert:

I’d definitely swap from the Bycars. There’s a lot to be said for being able to have a pee without worrying about what’s dripping down on your head and then being able to wash your hands properly afterwards. So thumbs up from me 👍 

I think something would have to be done for coaches on Synectics car par as I can't see Dimensions agreeing to lose their car park every other Saturday afternoon throughout the winter.

7 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think something would have to be done for coaches on Synectics car par as I can't see Dimensions agreeing to lose their car park every other Saturday afternoon throughout the winter.

I don't think they'd mind, not like it's being used at that time. Where did Swindon coaches park?

8 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Nice little earner?

Advert:

34 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

It's the car park behind Dimensions that gets rented out to Vale, not the normal customer car park out front. I reckon they're pretty happy about the arrangement.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2022 at 14:36, hamilboy said:

The Synectics can still be shared if Dimensions is given solely to away fans (which makes sense if the fans are marshalled along that path to the Bycars).

I noticed for the RW gig a number of local places have car parks available for the day - Stoke college, St Josephs church, Stoke Gymnastics club... I'm not sure if they are already in use on matchdays but if not perhaps if there's a need for some more car parks some of these may open for matchdays too. After all, it looks like it's extra revenue for them. Lots of other clubs have similar "unofficial" car parks around and I think that if there's a demand for them, then they will do it..

p.s. I never knew there was a dedicated Port Vale Parking website. That's a really niche category!

On 21/05/2022 at 15:12, DazFred said:

Can't we keep the scoreboard as it is and go back to the letters and numbers that use to be displayed at half time? It would increase the sales of programmes for those old enough to remember! 

On a serious note I like the Bycars for all it's ancient seats/toilets etc. However the Hamils toilets/facilities are better and if it's more about looking after our fans and encouraging new fans then it's a no brainer.

Dimensions/Synetics can be used for away support. It was difficult to park the other night but it won't be like that every week. There won't be pit h invasions every week either. It's about time we started putting our fans first. Let's face it,Vale fans at away games have complained about the conditions...Swindle,Barrow to name but 2.

Can we have the blue disabled cars back in the corner please...!!

• Haha 2