Hamil Road end thoughts….

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The club would have to build a bar to sell beer which has not got a view of the pitch.

That’s correct Jean, although what I’ve always found strange is you can see the pitch from the railway whilst you’re having a beer can’t you. The doors are always open. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

I did not want to move from the hamil many years ago but had too it brought a tear in my eye when i walked in the end that i started in watching the vale when there was no roof on just two banks at the back. when i sat in my seat and all around me they all stood up and started to sing the first thing i thought about was my late father and i looked up to the sky and thanked him for bringing me to support a club that he loved all his life.I only hope that those people who were in the hamil last night realised what a special place that stand can be and should be to all future valiants well done to all who made the night a very special experience for me once again.
Indeed the Hamil was our Kop in 53/54 when the Cup holders Blackpool were beaten, but my standing days are over. May it live again.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The club would have to build a bar to sell beer which has not got a view of the pitch.

I’ve always felt with a small amount of work we could sell beer from the disused tea bar on the Family Stand side of the Bycars. Technically it’s outside the actual stand.  The only problem would be that it’d take an age to get served if there were any kind of numbers of fans.

• Like 1

I'm going to be an angry man if Vale fans are sent back to the hell holes after letting us into a proper stand last night. If there's no news on it in the next few weeks we need to call a meeting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

It was fantastic. As someone who's spent the last 20 years in the Paddock and Stand, I would happily move permanently to the Hamil given the opportunity.

The views are far better than I thought they would be. Even with half as many as last night, it'd still improve the atmosphere tenfold. The concourse, the access, the toilets, the sightlines. I could go on. But it's all a million miles better than Railway or Bycars and it's criminal that we've been giving that to 200 away fans whilst we've been getting a 1960's experience in the home ends.

One thing that is so apparent from there is the distance from the Railway to the pitch. It's ridiculous. We stand in there thinking we're making a huge racket and yet none of it comes out onto the pitch because you're half a mile away from it. You could literally build a new stand in front of the existing Railway, without knocking it down. 

For those saying we can't afford to lose the revenue from not maximising away fans numbers, I'd argue that a vocal home end (ie. the Hamil) would genuinely be worth 6-10 points per season to us - which could be the difference between playing in the 3rd and 4th tier. That's far more than important than <50k in revenue by allowing Sheff Wed and Derby 4.5k instead of 3k. 

I sit in the Railway Stand, largely under sufferance. You are so right, it's miles from the pitch, and my vision isn't what it used to be.

The facilities are very poor imo, and I would jump at the chance of upgrading to the Hamil.

The Railway and Bycars are in need of a major overhaul which, for me, would involve being much closer to the pitch and, really importantly, a much steeper rake.

Those two stands are something of a millstone.

I tolerate the Railway because it's the best of a bad job, and I've never before had any hope/ expectation that it would ever change.

Advert:

The potential switch for me depends on what division we end up in.

The Hamil end isn't needed for 178 Stevenage, Salford and Sutton ( that is the combined total 😀 ) .

However for Derby, Wednesday, Bolton, etc it would be .

Also if we draw Swindon in the Fa Cup we can give them the Hamil end for when they bring 4500 . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s a no brainier. We should be in the Hamil - it was awesome in there the other night. I usually sit in the paddock but it was a bit special in the Hamil end. The facilities are better, a beer and a song in the concorse meant that the atmosphere was buzzing before we even sat down. Away fans kept away from Hamil road, Tommy Cheadles is ours again - the hamil car park is a much better location for a fanzone, it all makes sense.

There was one moment when the Railway sung ‘Hamil give us a song’ and then we all sung Port Vale FC are by far the greatest team... and the  Railway joined in, I thought my ears would burst, it was unreal.

• Like 1

Personally, I’ve wanted the move for years. The convenience and the facilities make it a better option and with the design and space behind the stand the options to further improve are endless if the club has the vision. This could become a real asset for home fans. We just need to consider that the crowd and atmosphere in the Hamil won’t be like that for every game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mbycars said:

How do you think you will get tickets for the away end!!!

From the kiosk. I go in at least once a season on the quieter meaningless games. It's a superstition thing and done it since we beat Hull in the FA cup in 1977. !!!!

• Like 2

Advert:

I will be glad to get back to my seat in the Bycars. I don't get this love in for the Hamil. It was OK but you can get a coffee and have a p*ss in the Bycars and the view is better, can't even see the scoreboard from the Hamil. The roof is too low and the "concourse" is cramped. Bogs are a bit better I guess but that isn't enough to make me move. I will probably go in the Railway if the Bycars becomes the away end. Hamil makes sense as the away end with a coach parking area right outside.

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I will be glad to get back to my seat in the Bycars. I don't get this love in for the Hamil. It was OK but you can get a coffee and have a p*ss in the Bycars and the view is better, can't even see the scoreboard from the Hamil. The roof is too low and the "concourse" is cramped. Bogs are a bit better I guess but that isn't enough to make me move. I will probably go in the Railway if the Bycars becomes the away end. Hamil makes sense as the away end with a coach parking area right outside.

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2