onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hamil Road end thoughts….

How many does the Bycars hold ? I'm sure provision could be made to sell beer in that end too. Am I right in thinking The Blue one sold the catering off to a 3rd party and Vale currently don't benefit from beer sales inside the ground ?
No it's all Vale now but before he owned the catering company and pocketed all the money

Advert

2 hours ago, robf said:

A bit of blue sky thinking here... I guess that eventually the club may consider putting two scoreboards in the ground - one in the corner between the Lorne and Hamil and another in the old family stand corner. Those would be an upgrade on what we have now and allow fans in the Hamil to see the family stand one. I guess it's a low priority at the moment what with all the other things needed like the PA though. Having said that, I guess larger, more modern screens would also allow advertising so they may pay for themselves or even make a bit of money - I guess it's a case of doing the sums and working out where it fits on the (very) long list of improvements needed. 

Can't we keep the scoreboard as it is and go back to the letters and numbers that use to be displayed at half time? It would increase the sales of programmes for those old enough to remember! 

On a serious note I like the Bycars for all it's ancient seats/toilets etc. However the Hamils toilets/facilities are better and if it's more about looking after our fans and encouraging new fans then it's a no brainer.

Dimensions/Synetics can be used for away support. It was difficult to park the other night but it won't be like that every week. There won't be pit h invasions every week either. It's about time we started putting our fans first. Let's face it,Vale fans at away games have complained about the conditions...Swindle,Barrow to name but 2.

37 minutes ago, Santa said:

Let away coaches park up on the gated off bit of Synectics car park and put up a marquee there if they want an away fan zone 

For big games use it as a drop off point for coaches, rustle up a few containers and thus have a box city for away fans. 

19 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Away fans have always been able to use the synectics car park already

I know that because for years i have paid for a pass on there but i have never seen buses there through the synectics gate is their company car park there used to be a gate at the bycars lane side but that was years ago only one now right outside the paddock and stand entrance.

I’d definitely swap from the Bycars. There’s a lot to be said for being able to have a pee without worrying about what’s dripping down on your head and then being able to wash your hands properly afterwards. So thumbs up from me 👍 

8 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think something would have to be done for coaches on Synectics car par as I can't see Dimensions agreeing to lose their car park every other Saturday afternoon throughout the winter.

Nice little earner?

34 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think something would have to be done for coaches on Synectics car par as I can't see Dimensions agreeing to lose their car park every other Saturday afternoon throughout the winter.

It's the car park behind Dimensions that gets rented out to Vale, not the normal customer car park out front. I reckon they're pretty happy about the arrangement.

On 21/05/2022 at 14:36, hamilboy said:

Where do the vale fans park if you give away fans synectics car park.

The Synectics can still be shared if Dimensions is given solely to away fans (which makes sense if the fans are marshalled along that path to the Bycars).

I noticed for the RW gig a number of local places have car parks available for the day - Stoke college, St Josephs church, Stoke Gymnastics club... I'm not sure if they are already in use on matchdays but if not perhaps if there's a need for some more car parks some of these may open for matchdays too. After all, it looks like it's extra revenue for them. Lots of other clubs have similar "unofficial" car parks around and I think that if there's a demand for them, then they will do it..

p.s. I never knew there was a dedicated Port Vale Parking website. That's a really niche category!

On 21/05/2022 at 15:12, DazFred said:

Can't we keep the scoreboard as it is and go back to the letters and numbers that use to be displayed at half time? It would increase the sales of programmes for those old enough to remember! 

On a serious note I like the Bycars for all it's ancient seats/toilets etc. However the Hamils toilets/facilities are better and if it's more about looking after our fans and encouraging new fans then it's a no brainer.

Dimensions/Synetics can be used for away support. It was difficult to park the other night but it won't be like that every week. There won't be pit h invasions every week either. It's about time we started putting our fans first. Let's face it,Vale fans at away games have complained about the conditions...Swindle,Barrow to name but 2.

Can we have the blue disabled cars back in the corner please...!!

Archived