onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hamil Road end thoughts….

1 hour ago, STUNG said:

Stung agrees with the majority that the hamil must become the new home end as there's no way people will return to the stone age railway and bycars

I will happily return, as will many of my Neanderthal brethren.

The only reason to swap is the facilities.  A FULL Bycars is not much different in terms of noise to the Hamil.  The issue should be how we fill whichever end we come to use.  I guess novelty will help fill the Hamil in the short term, as it did when the Bycars first reopened after being rebuilt.  Also, there were fewer families and more of the “singers” in there for the Swindon game than there are normally in Bycars for a typical home game.  The mix was different and the number of fans much higher than normal.

Let’s not forget that the Hamil has more capacity so could in fact be more empty for your average home game.  Food for thought.

Advert

Had forgot what brilliant facilities there is in the hamill end. Spacious concourse, CLEAN toilets, bar and food areas. I know the weather was perfect thursday night but imagine vale fans in the railway if it was tipping it down. Half time comes you go for a drink or something to eat and you get soaked through. You may then go to the gents toilet b4 going back to your seat and wade through puddles of water/ urine. Imagine the carnage on hamil road after the game if swindon had been in the hamil. It would have turned into a bloodbath. It was a pleasure to walk down the hamil and not come across any warring fans. To me it makes perfect sense to put visitors in the bycars end. No need to have scores of police patroling down hamil road. I'd be very dissapointed if things go back to the usual way of putting OUR fans in areas with the crappest facilities.

37 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I will happily return, as will many of my Neanderthal brethren.

The only reason to swap is the facilities.  A FULL Bycars is not much different in terms of noise to the Hamil.  The issue should be how we fill whichever end we come to use.  I guess novelty will help fill the Hamil in the short term, as it did when the Bycars first reopened after being rebuilt.  Also, there were fewer families and more of the “singers” in there for the Swindon game than there are normally in Bycars for a typical home game.  The mix was different and the number of fans much higher than normal.

Let’s not forget that the Hamil has more capacity so could in fact be more empty for your average home game.  Food for thought.

Stung says yabba dabba doo 😜😜

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

Fully agree.
What we then need to do is to dedicate the Synetics car park to away supporters and create a dedicated access / egress for them to the Bycars stand. I don’t see that as insurmountable or expensive. Vale then take the whole of the once completed Lorne Street and Hamil.

I think that's a very good suggestion @jeffers - it would certainly make the police happy as that's easily manageable. 

It also gives the Vale the chance to move or perhaps duplicate the fanzone (or something similar) outside the Hamil End too, perhaps outside TCs? The zone does a great job in entertaining the kids (the future of the club) and also encouraging others to turn up a bit earlier to have something to eat and drink. It always seems packed (which is a good thing) so why not expand it if it works?

You've then got that whole area from the corner of the Railway, past the ticket/club shop and round to TCs as a home area with loads of activities on. 

I remember going to MK and even though I despise the franchise, they had a huge family area with all sorts going on - food stalls, fairground rides for the kids, face painting and all sorts - a fanzone about three times the size of Vale's and it was doing a roaring trade and clearly doing a fantastic job in entertaining the crowd pre-match.

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

Fully agree.
What we then need to do is to dedicate the Synetics car park to away supporters and create a dedicated access / egress for them to the Bycars stand. I don’t see that as insurmountable or expensive. Vale then take the whole of the once completed Lorne Street and Hamil.

The Synectics car park is used by both sets of fans on a regular basis with no problems.  Access at the bottom from the Bycars is needed though whatever is decided about use of the stands.

A bit of blue sky thinking here... I guess that eventually the club may consider putting two scoreboards in the ground - one in the corner between the Lorne and Hamil and another in the old family stand corner. Those would be an upgrade on what we have now and allow fans in the Hamil to see the family stand one. I guess it's a low priority at the moment what with all the other things needed like the PA though. Having said that, I guess larger, more modern screens would also allow advertising so they may pay for themselves or even make a bit of money - I guess it's a case of doing the sums and working out where it fits on the (very) long list of improvements needed. 

I've  asked this before but not received clarification....... Vale have "already" sold tickets for next season for the "usual" home ends. Would this mean many fans having to change their seats/ ends and also how can any of us now buy their season tickets if we want to hold back to see if The Hamil is available?  Logistical nightmare for an already busy office staff. A decision and quote from Vale needed please.

If there's any chance of it actually happening, I suspect Carol will put the issue to an organised vote, where if it passes Bycars ST/10 game holders will have exclusive priority in selecting new seats in the Hamil. As ever she'll try her best to see what the majority clearly want, and we can't ask any more than that.

6 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I've  asked this before but not received clarification....... Vale have "already" sold tickets for next season for the "usual" home ends. Would this mean many fans having to change their seats/ ends and also how can any of us now buy their season tickets if we want to hold back to see if The Hamil is available?  Logistical nightmare for an already busy office staff. A decision and quote from Vale needed please.

Excellent point that is. I've renewed my Bycars but went in the Paddock on Thursday.

If Hamil is designated as home end i'd have to go up and see where i wanted to sit. 

2 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I think we need to know what League we are in first, will need to discuss the options with the Police and Stadium Safety, take soundings with fans. Set up system of change for STs. Option to take similar seat in Hamil or alternative elsewhere without cost of change. Further trials needed? Clarification from Carol soonest after Wembley.

2 hours ago, robf said:

I think that's a very good suggestion @jeffers - it would certainly make the police happy as that's easily manageable. 

It also gives the Vale the chance to move or perhaps duplicate the fanzone (or something similar) outside the Hamil End too, perhaps outside TCs? The zone does a great job in entertaining the kids (the future of the club) and also encouraging others to turn up a bit earlier to have something to eat and drink. It always seems packed (which is a good thing) so why not expand it if it works?

You've then got that whole area from the corner of the Railway, past the ticket/club shop and round to TCs as a home area with loads of activities on. 

I remember going to MK and even though I despise the franchise, they had a huge family area with all sorts going on - food stalls, fairground rides for the kids, face painting and all sorts - a fanzone about three times the size of Vale's and it was doing a roaring trade and clearly doing a fantastic job in entertaining the crowd pre-match.

Where do the vale fans park if you give away fans synectics car park.

27 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Where do the vale fans park if you give away fans synectics car park.

Away fans can have dimensions. Away coaches can go right at the back of Synectics through the white automated gate, there's loads of unused space up there. Vale have the bit of the Synectics car park we have now.

For run of the mill games with no expectation of disorder or silliness, I can't see why Vale couldn't also share dimensions.

That NHS Covid testing facility by the Synectics entrance should also hopefully be gone by next season, that'll open up a lot of space for more parking spots and thus more revenue for the club. I noticed a load of cars parked there for Swindon, assume it was staff parking. I know club staff park behind the synectics gate outside the building for home games, but there's space round the back to get some away coaches in. Big open space to the right of the building, and there's a wide road that runs up the left side. You could park masses of away coaches around the Synectics building going round clockwise. The only downside is the congestion that would occur at the bottleneck Synectics entrance of Hamil Road, if it happened they might have to ask a police officer to stand in the road and manage traffic. Not the end of the world.

I've always thought for busy games it would be worth at least having a look at doing a 20/30 minute one way system down Hamil Road after full time to manage the standstill traffic so both lanes can go west down towards Burslem, if people want to get up there from Burslem they can just drive a few hundred metres further up Moorland road past Burslem park and turn left on Park Road and come out near Vale cafe. Extending that to make it one way outside the Police station too would help with that awful junction with Moorland Road off Hamil where there's very little space to pull out into when it's busy because there are traffic lights immediately after.

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I will be glad to get back to my seat in the Bycars. I don't get this love in for the Hamil. It was OK but you can get a coffee and have a p*ss in the Bycars and the view is better, can't even see the scoreboard from the Hamil. The roof is too low and the "concourse" is cramped. Bogs are a bit better I guess but that isn't enough to make me move. I will probably go in the Railway if the Bycars becomes the away end. Hamil makes sense as the away end with a coach parking area right outside.

I'm really glad you don't sit next to me in the bycars talking so much crap you deserve to be sitting in the boothen end.

Archived