onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hamil Road end thoughts….

Advert

2 hours ago, robf said:

Is that where they put the coaches too? That's not a bad shout if the Bycars is made the away end in the future.

Logically, it would be good to have both the Railway and Hamil as Vale stands. They are both close to the shop, ticket office and the fan zone plus for those who want a beer it would mean Tommy Cheadle's becoming a home pub again. 

I'm sold 👍

9 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
14 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:
The only thing i would say is that if we are in League 1 we really want to get the big away followings in for the big clubs like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday etc to get the revenue.  In League 1, realistically how many times are we going to fill the Hamill compared to how many revenue boosts from big away followings we would get.  Maybe make the Hamill the home end but consider a switch for the handful of massive away followings.

How many does the Bycars hold ? I'm sure provision could be made to sell beer in that end too. Am I right in thinking The Blue one sold the catering off to a 3rd party and Vale currently don't benefit from beer sales inside the ground ?

The club would have to build a bar to sell beer which has not got a view of the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The club would have to build a bar to sell beer which has not got a view of the pitch.

Why can't the beer see the pitch? :wink:

More seriously could they maybe drop it down the steps near the turnstiles/exit for the Bycars? Is there room there for something?

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’ve been in the Bycars every single year since it was redeveloped and I’d move to the Hamil quite happily simply for the better facilities but put your normal Bycars crowd in there and it’d be pretty empty.  Also it leaves the fans in the current half finished Lorne Street pretty isolated.  Nowadays the Bycars crowd sits more packed towards the Lorne Street so it’s a bit joined up so to speak.  It’d be interesting to hear what those sat in the Lorne Street thought of it last night.

We sit in Lorne st close to Bycars and could hear alot of noise from the Swindon fans. Where we sit we could hear the Railway singing but not the Hamil, who obviously were.

4 hours ago, robf said:

Is that where they put the coaches too? That's not a bad shout if the Bycars is made the away end in the future.

Logically, it would be good to have both the Railway and Hamil as Vale stands. They are both close to the shop, ticket office and the fan zone plus for those who want a beer it would mean Tommy Cheadle's becoming a home pub again. 

Facilities so much better too Rob last time I went in the Hamil end. What club other than us puts away fans in probably our best end.

44 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Much as Id love it, there's going be a lot of Bycars devotees that wont want to move - stalemate?

I did not want to move from the hamil many years ago but had too it brought a tear in my eye when i walked in the end that i started in watching the vale when there was no roof on just two banks at the back. when i sat in my seat and all around me they all stood up and started to sing the first thing i thought about was my late father and i looked up to the sky and thanked him for bringing me to support a club that he loved all his life.I only hope that those people who were in the hamil last night realised what a special place that stand can be and should be to all future valiants well done to all who made the night a very special experience for me once again.

I did not want to move from the hamil many years ago but had too it brought a tear in my eye when i walked in the end that i started in watching the vale when there was no roof on just two banks at the back. when i sat in my seat and all around me they all stood up and started to sing the first thing i thought about was my late father and i looked up to the sky and thanked him for bringing me to support a club that he loved all his life.I only hope that those people who were in the hamil last night realised what a special place that stand can be and should be to all future valiants well done to all who made the night a very special experience for me once again.
Indeed the Hamil was our Kop in 53/54 when the Cup holders Blackpool were beaten, but my standing days are over. May it live again.

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ve always felt with a small amount of work we could sell beer from the disused tea bar on the Family Stand side of the Bycars. Technically it’s outside the actual stand.  The only problem would be that it’d take an age to get served if there were any kind of numbers of fans.

I'm going to be an angry man if Vale fans are sent back to the hell holes after letting us into a proper stand last night. If there's no news on it in the next few weeks we need to call a meeting.

Archived