Wembley Tickets PO Final

Asking advice to book train tickets from Blythe Bridge return cos I'm not v good at this.

It's telling me £170 for 2 of us.

There are 3 changes. The tickets have us leaving at 10.24,arriving at 13.21. 

Does the train station st Wembley pull up right outside the stadium?

Return journey is 18.51,arriving at 22.21.

Do I have to stick to these times in case it's the dreaded ET and pens?

Any advice would be really helpful

Advert:

(With a railcard) an off-peak return was around £20 cheaper from Crewe - including an unlimited zone Tube pass - than Stoke. Cost me £33 going from Crewe - Trainline quoted £53 return from Stoke, with no Tube pass.

Don’t buy a tube pass. It’s far cheaper to use your contactless debit card to tap in and out of each station.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Asking advice to book train tickets from Blythe Bridge return cos I'm not v good at this.

The train Station at Wembley Stadium is only a short walk from the Stadium, just a couple of hundred yards from memory

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DazFred said:

If you can go from Stoke it can be done for £110, Crewe £100

• Like 1

Instead of going to and changing at Wycombe to get a stop at Wembley Stadium, best way from Aylesbury is Chiltern Line to Chalfont & Latimer, then change to Metropolitan Line, then on to Wembley park. Then you get to walk up Wembley Way to the stadium. Coming back will be really easy as all the queues at Wembley Park will be for the Southbound trains. I'll be getting on at Wendover.

Doesn’t the Aylesbury Chiltern line train stop directly at Wembley Stadium without using the tube?

Advert:

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Fuzzy, yes everything greyed out but did find a suitable seat on coach 6, so thought they’d sold all the seats if looked at previously 

They keep adding coaches, I've just booked Werestayingup onto coach 35. At the mo there is 40 coaches, although some have got odd seats available

• Like 1

Just now, Vital Spark said:

Doesn’t the Aylesbury Chiltern line train stop directly at Wembley Stadium without using the tube?

The Chiltern Line, has two routes into London both ending up in Marylebone. One route comes from Birmingham passing through, Princes Risborough and High Wycombe. This route will pass through Wembley Stadium Station. I am not sure if you would have to change. at Risborough or Wycombe to get a train that stops at Wembley Stadium or one of the direct ones from Birmingham may stop you would have to check.

The other route starts in Aylesbury but after Amersham, shares the lines with the Metropolitan underground line and they stop at nearly all the same stops, but you have to switch on to the Met line to get off at Wembley Park LU station, where on exiting you walk up Wembley Way.

Hope that makes sense

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, DazFred said:

If you buy an off peak return ticket you can get on any train that leaves during off peak times- so the train time will be flexible, only thing to be wary of is that later trains don’t go to Blythe Bridge (only Stoke station) 19:56 is last back that would get you to Blythe but that should be fine anyway even with pens.

Wembley Central is about a 5 min walk and it will be obvious which way to go as there will be lots of people heading that way. I think it’s sign posted too.

Edited by cactuselves
  • Like 1

Advert:

They need to open more blocks. There's nothing at the side, what are they playing at? Hope the Vale ticket office aren't involved in any way. Hope and pray.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Don’t buy a tube pass. It’s far cheaper to use your contactless debit card to tap in and out of each station.

I paid an extra £2.50 on top of my rail ticket to Euston for a Travel card ticket which allows me to use any tube or bus for the day. Seems good value to me.

• Like 2

Hopefully, most people will work this out but...
You are advised to register an account with Ticketmaster ahead of the tickets going on sale at 3pm.
The link in the Vale article on the official site is WRONG
The correct registration link is https://www.eticketing.co.uk/po5/Authentication/Registration
My article here has the correct links in it along with a key to the different seating areas:
3394637239_5c79a7c6bd_c.jpg WWW.ONEVALEFAN.CO.UK  
It was right for me?? Registered and was offered port vale tickets.
  • Like 1

Advert:

54 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Wembley station is the closest to the stadium but that is overground but the closest tube station is Wembley Park which is at the other end of Wembley way.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Wembley has two overground stations - Wembley Central and Wembley Stadium.  The latter is right next to the Stadium and the former is a 10-15 minute walk.

Wembley Park is probably the most utilised tube line to get to the ground and gets you to the top of Wembley Way. Great walk down there up to the stadium.

Wembley Central also has an underground line.

For anyone planning to drive down I would suggest driving to stations like Beaconsfield and getting an overground train into Wembley Stadium. The trains are pretty frequent, only take 20 mins or so and it’s miles cheaper to park at those stations than nearer to the ground.

• Like 1