Wembley Tickets PO Final

Advert:

....not really comparable seeing as that was the second trip to Wembley in 8 days - hence only 13000. (was it 26000 the week before v Stockport?)

Why would that make a difference ?
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Bit disappointing that Mansfield have sold slightly more than us. We’re a bigger club than Mansfield surely? 

Not sure who you could be disappointed with. Certainly the 5k plus who turn up every week, they’ve done their bit, the 10k or so casual fans, they’ve done their bit. So the disappointment relates to 10k imaginary  fans who haven’t bought a ticket, my how they’ve let us down!

when all said and done it’s magnificent to be taking over 16k tomorrow, I’m going to have a great day, that certainly won’t be ruined by the fact that Mansfield may have 347 more fans in the stadium.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Dr Delgado said:

Not sure who you could be disappointed with. Certainly the 5k plus who turn up every week, they’ve done their bit, the 10k or so casual fans, they’ve done their bit. So the disappointment relates to 10k imaginary  fans who haven’t bought a ticket, my how they’ve let us down!

when all said and done it’s magnificent to be taking over 16k tomorrow, I’m going to have a great day, that certainly won’t be ruined by the fact that Mansfield may have 347 more fans in the stadium.

Also remember the great atmosphere generated in the England and Germany game in Euro 2020 when due to covid restrictions there were only 40k in the stadium albeit people were sitting a seat apart. 30-35k is a big crowd to watch 2 fourth division teams.

I take my hat off to all of the Vale fans. I’m disappointed because we are a bigger club than Mansfield with bigger home attendances. We all expected to sell a few thousand more than them. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

Bit disappointing that Mansfield have sold slightly more than us. We’re a bigger club than Mansfield surely? 

How many of Mansfield’s tickets have been sold to Forest fans making a weekend of it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

I take my hat off to all of the Vale fans. I’m disappointed because we are a bigger club than Mansfield with bigger home attendances. We all expected to sell a few thousand more than them. 

If our home attendances are bigger than Mansfield’s next season then that’s great. I just don’t think a few hundred either way will matter. We beat them 3-1 at home a couple of months back, it will count for nothing tomorrow, it’s a case of who turns up on the day, both on and off the pitch.

33 minutes ago, JimmyPVFC said:

Also remember the great atmosphere generated in the England and Germany game in Euro 2020 when due to covid restrictions there were only 40k in the stadium albeit people were sitting a seat apart. 30-35k is a big crowd to watch 2 fourth division teams.

That England Germany game is one of the best footballing atmospheres I’ve experienced. 

Advert:

Over 16,000 is excellent. I wouldn’t care if it was 10,000. Limited travel and a very expensive day for most. Hats off to everyone attending! Can’t wait to see the convey of coaches leaving Burslem tomorrow morning. Proud day for our club. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Why would that make a difference ?

Not sure if you are taking the micky here?. Obviously two Wembley trips in a week was very expensive.

If im honest, I thought we may have taken more, but we will make the noise of 30k anyway.

Edited by Platty's Tassels
  • Like 2

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but I've just noticed on Twitter that the club shop is open tomorrow 7am - 8.30am for those who need to collect coach tickets. etc.

14 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Not sure if you are taking the micky here?. Obviously two Wembley trips in a week was very expensive.

If im honest, In thought we may have taken more, but we will make the noise of 30k anyway.

Looking at past attendances for a league 2 final the attendance tomorrow will be about average. Some of the bigger attendances were involving clubs like Coventry and Bradford. We’re looking at about 34,000 tomorrow. I think that’s very decent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

They said 16,500, they've been vague throughout, but consistently said "over", until now. I think 16,500 is probably rounded up. 

That and the fact Forest fans will be boosting their numbers slightly means you can't draw too many conclusions. What teams take to Wembley doesn't reflect their true size. Northampton took 40k once 🤣. Walsall took 30k. And even Wycombe took 28k the other day.

Let's not blow it out of proportion.

totally agree - they've rounded up - we're exactly the same except 2000 of their 'fans' are Forest

• Like 1

Advert:

We can’t control who sells most tickets but we have a hand in who’s making the most noise.  After the outstanding atmosphere last game let’s crank it up a few more notches.  Just remember we may never see Vale at Wembley again so shout yourself hoarse.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PortVale89 said:
3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:
This is the view from ourPremier Inn room!!
7E21F40F-87F3-45D5-9EF9-13BF6B3A4592.thumb.jpeg.228146644ec2016d72be068e7ac82dfa.jpeg

Bet you didn't have queue on the vale car park for that hotel room

That's a great view.